OFFICIAL: Zoom Kobe V ID - release 12/25/09 POST DESIGNS HERE!

agreed on the CS sucking.

i also can't believe that you can't make one chance to your order 5 minutes after you place it. smh. time for miadidas LOL.

f7036944151b1ddb62bb0ce0c107a61ba6d497da.jpg

723167161b6d00c7aa2329e64ac25a377dff4b74.jpg

i wonder if you make a ID exactly like a GR, would they not even bother to ID it?
man im high right now and i have no idea why i just thought of that...

just letting you guys know, that most orders that are made from today are going to be delayed all the way until March. Why? Because there are just way too many orders for the ZKV iDs. Last year, there was no issue on this at all. Because Nike limited to only 24 pairs per day, each day until the hype started to die down and it was actually controllable.

So if i were you guys I'd wait it out a couple of months and just save up your money. More colors will be soon available and patterns also. Nike needs to realize that there a growing crowd for Kobe, and I'm just guessing that their doing all that they can atm.

So be patient
smile.gif
. I still yet to iD me some Venom 5s.

Originally Posted by gdiemaster

So if i were you guys I'd wait it out a couple of months and just save up your money. More colors will be soon available and patterns also. Nike needs to realize that there a growing crowd for Kobe, and I'm just guessing that their doing all that they can atm.

So be patient
smile.gif
. I still yet to iD me some Venom 5s.
I will second this. I already regret making mine. Especially since I know I can make the colorway I REALLY wanted with the new colors that will be out. Plus why order something now and only drive yourself crazy due to the wait like many of us are?

so mad the carolina blue is coming soon...could've repeated my kobe iv's
mad.gif

66026681ca10b6680dbc7dae9d37b06a5fe97e86.jpg

If you make em later you'll have to wait too....youl have to wait for later to order, plus the time for em to be made and shipped. End up being longer than making one now and waitin for the dealy...which isn't even that much loner.

Only good think is different options...be careful though, with new options some currents might disappear.

I could care less about newer options...I played with the current ones, came up with one I likes so I made it. If new ones pop up and I make something I like and have the $$ to order I'll make more.

Originally Posted by s dubl

If you make em later you'll have to wait too....youl have to wait for later to order, plus the time for em to be made and shipped. End up being longer than making one now and waitin for the dealy...which isn't even that much loner.

Only good think is different options...be careful though, with new options some currents might disappear.

I could care less about newer options...I played with the current ones, came up with one I likes so I made it. If new ones pop up and I make something I like and have the $$ to order I'll make more.

yeah, but i needed mine for something coming up. thanks to NT i know the new options and prefer them. so i'm going to cancel. disappointing, but i understand. I got mine around the same time last year but i was one of the lucky ones that go them during the 24 a day which contributed to them being on time.

I hope to get these.  I just wish I could make the tongue black.  The white looks silver in the rendering.

Damn, my Christmas order finally shipped. The thought of canceling did cross my mind, but I wanted my first id's to rock on my b-day later in the month.
dea4pu.jpg

Originally Posted by ridikulas

There will also be a big delay because it's almost Chinese New Year

good point man totally forgot. Chinese new years is gona close their factory for 10 days or so.

Mine are scheduled to come in tomorrow (Wednesday)... I'm going to the Bobcats game so I may post pics of the IDs late.

Just Got my Kobe V ids will post pics later
smile.gif
!!!!    Think AZK1 black n white colorway  meets AZK 5!!!

Here we go!
What I ordered:

b5725bfed735ce935096a2149a60f000b3ee495.png

What I got:
kobevid001.jpg

kobevid002.jpg

kobevid003.jpg

kobevid004.jpg

kobevid005.jpg

kobevid006.jpg

kobevid007.jpg

I thought they came out almost as I'd imagined. I didn't think the clear outsole would be SO ICY. The quality was pretty good. I was kind of disappointed by the Flywire/Skinwire parts... it was definitely not as nice and thick as the Dark Knights and Chaos. The iDs Flywire feels like pleather and I thought it would crease but walked around, jumped, and etc and they didn't crease.
kobevid008.jpg

It was kind of sloppy, in my opinion, that you could see a lot of the stuff that was going on underneath the toe area.
They felt like maybe half an ounce lighter. The memory foam around the ankle wasn't as thick. I didn't have any problems with the gluing and I thought they fit like they should have.
The printing on the Kobe sheath sign on the bottom on the outsole was pretty sad as they painted the general area of the sheath (didn't try to neatly paint it; you can see it in my pic of the icy soles underneath). I thought the overall paint would be more shinier but the purple is the same dull purple (as I go in the Kobe IV iD) and I thought the Metallic Gold in my Swoosh would've been more metallic and shiny like foil but it was good enough.
It was a nice touch to get my own Kobe V insoles rather than the plain black NikeiD insoles like in the Kobe IV iDs.
I changed laces to the thin black oval ones I got from Foot Locker and thought it looked nice.
kobevid.jpg

I don't think I'll return these but if I had to do it over again, I'd do this one:
bdb150ea3ce6516b21d8617dce11247d7a00b06.png

Who knows? Maybe my icy clear soles will yellow and match my metallic gold Swoosh!

^ hey pretty clean overall. that outsole is indeed icy!
i know i said i was in for maybe 1 or 3 pairs of iD's, at least doing an all black pair, but that matte black look on the upper isn't doing it for me. i don't need a pattern, i need a certain finish on it like something shiny or exotic. that black right there is just too plain for $165+.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i know i said i was in for maybe 1 or 3 pairs of iD's, at least doing an all black pair, but that matte black look on the upper isn't doing it for me. i don't need a pattern, i need a certain finish on it like something shiny or exotic. that black right there is just too plain for $165+.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled about seeing how dull that black Skinwire? was... I thought it was going to be like my DKs at least.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Exactly! These ID's are coming out nice but they are not coming out how they are "SUPPOSE TO" look and how they show up on NIKEID. I have 6 pairs saved in my locker but wanted to see a few before pulling the trigger and I'm glad I did. You can see how the different colors are turning out in the real world (ex above: swoosh not near as metalic as shown on ID). Now I now some pairs I made look amazing in theory on the site but would be horrible due to NIKEID execution.

Those turned out well. I wanted to ID a pair exactly like that except all black midsole. Icy sole looks good.

Still waiting for them to add a shade of green

those are pretty clean...and the blk laces do the kicks correct. i for one like the matte finish as the base. it would've been nice to see the samples before the iD was available so that ppl had an idea how the finished product would look. weird how the silver swoosh look more shiny than the gold. the clear soles came out way better than they did on the zkiv though, but i'd rather have the clear soles from the zkiv cd.

in other news...I GOT MY SHIPPING EMAIL TODAY!!! they should be at my door next week...can't wait. edwin, you should be getting your email soon...seein you ordered them the same day i did.

Back
Top Bottom