OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by AJ27526

Every time I see the fire commercial, I get upset the aways don't really have a clear sole

Also it looks like the swoosh makes the heel tab on the Big Kids. Also has anybody got shipping confirmation for the Aways from Eastbay. They better shiptomorrow.

86647071_z.jpg

Originally Posted by abstractability

Some more pics

looks like he is double-socking...i know he did for the hyperdunk...i wonder if he did for the iv's...if he did he has really narrow feet

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Every time I see the fire commercial, I get upset the aways don't really have a clear sole

Also it looks like the swoosh makes the heel tab on the Big Kids. Also has anybody got shipping confirmation for the Aways from Eastbay. They better ship tomorrow.

86647071_z.jpg
this has been bugging me too. so the ones in the commercial are the big kids? i actually like this version better. havent checked yet but is itpossible to replicate this colorway exactly on ID? (right down to the shade of purple?)

First people complain about creasing, now they complain about scuffing after they use the shoe to ball in...lol

Originally Posted by bohrdom

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Also it looks like the swoosh makes the heel tab on the Big Kids. Also has anybody got shipping confirmation for the Aways from Eastbay. They better ship tomorrow.

86647071_z.jpg
this has been bugging me too. so the ones in the commercial are the big kids? i actually like this version better. havent checked yet but is it possible to replicate this colorway exactly on ID? (right down to the shade of purple?)

Yeah think about it they're are puppets it would look weird if they were holding a sz 10 mens shoe, I dont know
laugh.gif
Most people dont really care.You could get it close but not exactly like theBig Kids Aways. You cant make the whole heel and the tongue gold.

Mister Friendly, I haven't received the email yet but I checked my eastbay account online it shows that my order went out on Monday 1/18. Their emailsystem is usually slower, so we should be getting an email today. I wish eastbay would ship them earlier for Gold members so that we get them as the storesrelease em. I know Amazon ships out a day before the actual release date in the stores.

I was looking at the commercial and i was thinking, "I am going to Footlocker this Friday to purchase The Kobe Vs since they have the clear sole!"
Now that i know the clear soles arent on them i am definitely PASSING...
I like the MLKs though.

now I can finally see the MLKs clearer now that Im home....the clear green sole looks
smokin.gif
almost enough to save the shoe, but not quite.

Id cop on sale, but wouldnt pay retail.....

Originally Posted by lakers911

Mister Friendly, I haven't received the email yet but I checked my eastbay account online it shows that my order went out on Monday 1/18. Their email system is usually slower, so we should be getting an email today. I wish eastbay would ship them earlier for Gold members so that we get them as the stores release em. I know Amazon ships out a day before the actual release date in the stores.

Thanks, I just checked my account and it said they are in Illinois. I'm in Texas.

those mlk's are growing on me, hope they release here in the philippines, but mlk IV > mlk V

Come on fellas, it's pretty hard to top the greatness which is the MLK Kobe IV.

All the names aside, this colorway is sick.

The only problem I have is the green colored sole, but the Red logos with the Gun metal go perfect together.

These could of very well been the "Chaos" and most of you who hate them would of ended up liking them simply because you'd understand the pointof the green sole.

Too many colorways of the V's that I want, but I know I wont be able to buy all of them. Gonna be some sad times watching everyone post their Kobe Vpickups and me having to pass on most LOL.

Originally Posted by abstractability

Some more pics

it used to be NO Laker will ever wear GREEN. Over their dead Bodies. Asked Jerry West, Magic, Kareem and Jerry Buss.

Nike has already made Kobe and the Gang wore Green twice already this season. Or is it Kobe's?

Originally Posted by magicmike872

I dont think they are Aston Martins? I think the red/green/blk represents the african cw. Sorta like the black histroy month AF1's
It could be the Aston Martin Luther King.

Originally Posted by hosengsisiw

Originally Posted by magicmike872

I dont think they are Aston Martins? I think the red/green/blk represents the african cw. Sorta like the black histroy month AF1's
It could be the Aston Martin Luther King.

I see what you did there.

MLK's had so much potential. im disappointed in the direction they went

anybody knw the story behind the CW anyways??

Nope. Went hard to get the MLK IVs which i adore (but have seldom worn-hmmm) have to admit would put in zero effort to cop the MLK V........just not feeling itlike that

Originally Posted by Jayhawk

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

Originally Posted by klh3

Originally Posted by klh3

I'm not really sure how to express how PISSED I am right now.
I wore my V's in my game tonight and they got scuffed...real bad (I don't know how to post pics or I would/will). Part of the purple part on the instep of my right shoe was taken/peeled right off!
I'm not sure how it even happened, I'm assuming someone stepped on my foot but to peel right off!?!?!?!
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions as to what I could do? Think footlocker would do anything for me?
Any help would be appreciated.

frown.gif

Here are some pictures
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/khknucklehead/KobeV/?action=view&current=scuff2.jpg
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/khknucklehead/KobeV/?action=view&current=scuff1.jpg
This is bull+*#%!!!

I don't mean to sound nonchalant but if you're gonna ball in a shoe it's going to get scuffed, scratched, whatever. I bought the Soldier 3's & the pattent leather looked like Wolverine attacked my right toe. Also, the foam outter right under the pattent leather was slightly chipped; but it was expected.

It would be different if you said you made a cut & the shoe ripped but based on your pics that's strictly cosmetic damage caused from impact with another shoe. I'm not sure Nike will do anything. It's like buying a new car & then some debris from the road chips off your paint. I don't think the dealer would let you trade it in. Good luck with that.

don't give people ideas, next we will see nike selling shoe insurance......

I thought Nike already had Insurance
eyes.gif

[h1]^^

The Collection 3.0: Nike Zoom Kobe V Bruce Lee[/h1]
19 January 2010

Tags: Nike Zoom Kobe V, kobe bryant, the collection

Much of the inspiration behind the design of the Nike Zoom Kobe V comes from the global game of football - or soccer, depending on your passport.

This version of the shoe features details inspired by Bruce Lee. The Black Mamba has professed his respect and appreciation for Bruce Lee and his martial arts philosophy of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do (振藩截拳

Back
Top Bottom