OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by KG21

Originally Posted by s dubl

VIP...what VIP? Ive spent hundreds on my VIP card (I dont buy from FTL too often) and havent received anything from them.
I never knew what it was about until today when I called and asked.

Apparently there are two levels: regular VIP and platinum VIP.

Regular VIPs get the usual spam emails and F&F emails.

To be a platinum VIP, you have to spend $300 in one year. Then, all your future purchases, you get gift rewards/certificates but you have to make more purchases to earn them.

So once you get platinum status, if you buy $100 worth of stuff, you get a $10 reward. $150 = $15, $200 = $20. Rewards are good for future purchases. They expire in 90 days too.

I got screwed over cause I was at the ~$250 mark, bought some Space Jams, achieved platinum status, and then bought two more pairs of Space Jams the next day but never got my rewards.

Oh and you only get platinum status for a year. After that year of platinum status, you need to make $300 in purchases in one year to get it again.

FNL's is way better, every $200 you spend you get $20 in rewards.
I'm platinum status and i've spent hundreds on dollars and never got any rewards. smh i dont even bring my vip anymore cuz its useless.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by kobehead

VIP...what VIP? Ive spent hundreds on my VIP card (I dont buy from FTL too often) and havent received anything from them.

To be a platinum VIP, you have to spend $300 in one year. Then, all your future purchases, you get gift rewards/certificates but you have to make more purchases to earn them.

So once you get platinum status, if you buy $100 worth of stuff, you get a $10 reward. $150 = $15, $200 = $20. Rewards are good for future purchases. They expire in 90 days too.

I got screwed over cause I was at the ~$250 mark, bought some Space Jams, achieved platinum status, and then bought two more pairs of Space Jams the next day but never got my rewards.

Oh and you only get platinum status for a year. After that year of platinum status, you need to make $300 in purchases in one year to get it again.

I'm platinum status and i've spent hundreds on dollars and never got any rewards. smh i dont even bring my vip anymore cuz its useless.
tired.gif
when I went yesterday (and bought over $300 in merchandise) the girl rang me up and I was like..."oh wait, I forgot to use my VIP card"she told me I can cancel and re do the transaction for you..I said naw nevermind its OK. I knew I wouldnt get anything anyaway smh.

^Damn, now I don't feel so bad about forgetting to use my FL VIP card every time I buy something there.

That's weak.

Would saving receipts help ensure that you get the appropriate "rewards?"

^^doubt it.

I was just looking at the Chaos on Eastbay...anyone notice the differences on the pictured pair and released pair? Upper purple heel area on released is moreof a pink, and the laces are grey on the pictured pair, also grey toe cap on released is black on pictured pair.

I know Eastbay is nototiuos for this, just wanted to know if anyone else noticed.

^^^when I first signed up I spent over 300 in less than a month, and never got anything. I even verified all my info on line and still nothing.

Hotbutter...I dont hate the 'Bruce Lees", but they arent necessary for me to own.
word s dubl? i think they're one of the best colorways imo. soooo clean. me personally, i'm getting at least one pair of those. at least.can't wait for those.

ZK5 DK on feet and some IDs at a CBA game in china between Shanghai and Beijing
zk52.jpg

zk51.jpg

still not sold on the DKs, a little too plain for me. will see.

Koopa...dont get me wrong they're a hot colorway, but Im not sure how my finances will be throughout the year so those arent one of my must have pairs.

Anyone know what gear is coming out for the zk5's. I remember someone posted some a while back but I can't find it.

copped my pair yesterday at HOH Houston. Tried them on today and they feel real good. I still love the comfort of the IV though.

Aways are next on the list

Originally Posted by kobehead

tired.gif
Yeah, according to the CS rep I spoke with over the phone, they're supposed to print/give you the reward right at the register.

That's pretty funny because now that I think about it, I've never read/seen/heard anyone on NT use these "rewards".

I seriously wouldn't doubt if they've never printed a single reward certificate since the program started.

Anyways, sorry guys for derailing the thread for a little bit there, I had to vent, word to the blue mountains.

But back to Kobes...

A very helpful NT'er is hooking me up with a pair of Chaos' because we didn't get any in my state and they're plentiful in his area. HopefullyI will have them on my feet by Wednesday or Thursday.

And I have to agree with most people here... I wear Kobes strictly for playing basketball. It's hard to pull off the casual look with them because theylook so high-performing if that makes sense.

The Dark Knights also look too plain for me too

Originally Posted by dcd2k

Originally Posted by never wear them

I wore my concord XIs a couple days ago... My cousin (38 years old) told me that Jordans are a thing in the past.... That hurt my feelings. But it had me thinking. Lol

Forget about your cousin...im as old as he is and still wear my OG concord (still wearable) and still have the retro one (8.5/10).He just doesn`t know how to appreciate shoes and the legacy that comes with it.

lol. dont get me wrong. he knows his stuff. we both started actually collecting since the 8s were first introduced (i actually really really started when the12s came out)

We've been doing this since way back when taz and bugs T-shirts were cool to wear
laugh.gif

Jordans are getting old to me, thats all im saying and what he said, had me thinking. but yes, OG XI > any shoe (look wise)

KG21, Thanks for the heads up though. I called and they're sending me my Platinum card. I'm gonna start making a point to get my rewards from now on.

I really like the DKs. I do like simple yet sharp colorways. The blue on the DKs had me sold.
I gotta save some $ here and there to get those. Sometime in January?

DK's are nice... but not THAT nice. i can do without them. my priorities definitely on the bruce lee's right now.
pimp.gif

Picked up a sz. 10.5 I got another one on layaway and another size 10 coming from NDC. Really happy with mines. I'm actually doing a youtube video reviewon them at this moment, hopefully it's up by tonight. ZOOM AIR > Lunar Foam for sure.

Here's some comparison to the IV's. The V's are obviously much thinned down than the IVs. A bit lighter and much more firmer but i don't knowif that's a bad thing. I balled in these for a quick shootaround earlier and its more responsive than the IV cause of the Zoom air bags.

I'll go more into detail in my video.
pimp.gif

11ih6p4.jpg

34nmn3l.jpg

20kc48z.jpg

rr8u1y.jpg

enjoy and subscribe! www.youtube.com/jefferrrson

Originally Posted by dcd2k

I wore my concord XIs a couple days ago... My cousin (38 years old) told me that Jordans are a thing in the past.... That hurt my feelings. But it had me thinking. Lol

Forget about your cousin...im as old as he is and still wear my OG concord (still wearable) and still have the retro one (8.5/10).He just doesn`t know how to appreciate shoes and the legacy that comes with it.

lol. dont get me wrong. he knows his stuff. we both started actually collecting since the 8s were first introduced (i actually really really started when the 12s came out)

We've been doing this since way back when taz and bugs T-shirts were cool to wear
laugh.gif

Jordans are getting old to me, thats all im saying and what he said, had me thinking. but yes, OG XI > any shoe (look wise)

Yeah but you're forgetting the first and most basic principle:
To those of us who are from the original generation of sneaker collectors it's never been about what's "hot".
Don't you guys remember when you got clowned for owning so many pairs of sneakers? Man, my homies gave me hell for owning hundreds of pairs of shoes.
Did anyone else get compared to Imelda Marcos? Did any of your friends call your passion/obsession "gay"?

I know you're talking about J's, and not sneaks altogether, but it's all the same. The objects that cover our smelly toes mean more to us.

I for one can't wait for the "shoe game" to be over completely. And when that day comes, I know I'll still see the same faces at the samestores plunking down our hard earned money for sneakers that are considered by most

over and out of style...
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom