OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Follow god

source.gif

This is mehh so far tho

Gonna give it some more spins

The way he screamed chickfila at the end of closed on days lol

Album is okay off first listen, not overly preachy tho & outside of specific refernces to bible quotes/words this really isn't far off from the theme of vulnerability & self improvement that has been in Ye's music from the Jump.

what's missing is the stunts, the outlandish brags & boasting that Ye has become famous for, the outlandish one liners in the music aren't there

It's replaced by a similar purpose of motivation that's always been in Ye's albums. the believe in yourself, create more, hustle for more etc etc has always been there except the end result in previous iterations was monetary gain, more *****es, more accolades, more money.

this album uses that motivation to get people closer to their peace, Ye uses religion as the guide for that. I'm not really a religious person so i can see how that pushes people away.

All in all the purpose of Ye's music is still the same, it's still trying to provide inspiration for people to find their purpose & goal... this time around it's focused on a spiritual goal. It lacks the flash that is an integral part of Kanye's music.

"Follow God" is great. Some of the production on here is his best work in a long while. Still schizoid in crafting albums. Still subpar lyrically.

Album is meh. Production is solid on some tracks. It none of the music is connecting with me.
Follow God is dope though.

Selah and Closed on Sunday were weak spots. Everything else i dig.

Music didnt really take me on some spiritual high or anything like that but I like the production.

27 min album... should be something ill revisit going forward.

Hands On
Everything We Need
Water
Follow God
Use this gospel
God is

Every hour and follow god :pimp:

Kenny G solo on Use this gospel :pimp:

Pusha effectively got castrated with his feature though. He’s the last peson i want to hear dropping a censored verse :lol:

Dude really spent time on these elementary bars smh. He needs a new ghost writer. Beats mad mid too, but dude calls himself a genius.

I’m sure we’ll get “updates” to this album over the next few days

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Was expecting more posts buying into the hype.
First listen i'll give it a 6.5/10.
First time hearing "Use this gospel" in the car, I thought i left the door open. :nerd:
Then i realized it was the beat. :rofl:

it's a solid album, I came in here expecting people to either be super ultra thirst bucket stans or stone-throwing anti Kanye proxy for hating Trump criticisms and to be honest Kanye West hasn't impressed me musically in a long time as far as solo efforts go, but this album is very solid.

if I can lob any legit objective criticism it would be sequencing and blending of tracks that make an album a cohesive project, it lacks over here in spades. this album between tracks feels like a unfinished stolen engineer's copy before it gets bootlegged on da internet. It's more like a collection of tracks on someone's computer instead of being something that was meticulously talior fit with each other except for the overall religious/ gospel theme that tacitly holds everything together.

still its good, this is MILES better than Yeezus that's for damn sure.

Back
Top Bottom