Official World Series Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-1) Giants Win World Series!

The Rangers were in great shape to win this series until I typed they would win easily on Niketalk. I haven't learned yet
30t6p3b.gif

The Rangers were in great shape to win this series until I typed they would win easily on Niketalk. I haven't learned yet
30t6p3b.gif

Burrell 
sick.gif
. Please switch he and Ross and tell Burell he doesn't need to try and knock on outta the park every time. Just make some +##%%$* contact or take his +*# out. J. Sanchez 
30t6p3b.gif
. Pablo was bad too, maybe use Ishikawa or Schierholtz instead depending on who's pitching.

Surprised it was as close as it was. Rangers couldn't take advantage with early hitters getting on, but did with the later ones.

Burrell 
sick.gif
. Please switch he and Ross and tell Burell he doesn't need to try and knock on outta the park every time. Just make some +##%%$* contact or take his +*# out. J. Sanchez 
30t6p3b.gif
. Pablo was bad too, maybe use Ishikawa or Schierholtz instead depending on who's pitching.

Surprised it was as close as it was. Rangers couldn't take advantage with early hitters getting on, but did with the later ones.

My lineup for game 5

Torres
Sanchez
Huff
Posey
Ross
Uribe
Renteria
Rowand/Burrell
Ishikawa/Sandoval

Burrell did his thing during the season but I'm sure everyone has had enough of him.
Panda is a automatic double play so I'd let Ishikawa get some shine.

My lineup for game 5

Torres
Sanchez
Huff
Posey
Ross
Uribe
Renteria
Rowand/Burrell
Ishikawa/Sandoval

Burrell did his thing during the season but I'm sure everyone has had enough of him.
Panda is a automatic double play so I'd let Ishikawa get some shine.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

has a team EVER in world series history had their bullpen pitch a whole game for a victory? sort of like how a pitcher pitches 2 innings a piece in the all star game?

i say next time we make history and do that instead of letting sanchez pitch again....
I don't think this happened in the World Series but I do remember hearing about Tony LaRussa once having his bullpen guys start a game (everyone threw an inning or two) and he let his usual starting pitcher finish the rest of the game on "long relief."  Maybe he was on short rest?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

has a team EVER in world series history had their bullpen pitch a whole game for a victory? sort of like how a pitcher pitches 2 innings a piece in the all star game?

i say next time we make history and do that instead of letting sanchez pitch again....
I don't think this happened in the World Series but I do remember hearing about Tony LaRussa once having his bullpen guys start a game (everyone threw an inning or two) and he let his usual starting pitcher finish the rest of the game on "long relief."  Maybe he was on short rest?

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Hunter Tex
8312.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]13-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.73[/td] [/tr][tr][td]86[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]33[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.31[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.24[/td][/tr][/table]
Giants Starting Lineup
CF Torres
2B F. Sanchez
DH Huff
C Posey
LF Ross
3B Uribe
1B Ishikawa
SS Renteria
RF Schierholtz

Rangers Starting Lineup
SS Andrus
3B Young
CF Hamilton
DH Guerrero
LF Cruz
2B Kinsler
RF Francoeur
C Molina
1B Moreland

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Hunter Tex
8312.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]13-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.73[/td] [/tr][tr][td]86[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]33[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.31[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.24[/td][/tr][/table]
Giants Starting Lineup
CF Torres
2B F. Sanchez
DH Huff
C Posey
LF Ross
3B Uribe
1B Ishikawa
SS Renteria
RF Schierholtz

Rangers Starting Lineup
SS Andrus
3B Young
CF Hamilton
DH Guerrero
LF Cruz
2B Kinsler
RF Francoeur
C Molina
1B Moreland

Originally Posted by srvballer

I expect Bumgarner to have a solid outing tonight. Let's get it boys...

tall order for the youngster. lets see if he can handle it.....

i expect atleast one blow out win for the rangers tho. 

we need atleast one of the next 2 games to have a chance to finish this series imo because sanchez will be an automatic L next time he starts...

Originally Posted by srvballer

I expect Bumgarner to have a solid outing tonight. Let's get it boys...

tall order for the youngster. lets see if he can handle it.....

i expect atleast one blow out win for the rangers tho. 

we need atleast one of the next 2 games to have a chance to finish this series imo because sanchez will be an automatic L next time he starts...

Back
Top Bottom