Official Western Conference Finals Gm1: 05/19 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6PM PST ESPN

dreClark wrote:
Denver doesn't have anyone who can play Kobe as well as Shane did but I think Dahntay and JR can annoy the %!%% out of him
Can they do it without picking up fouls?

I don't think they can. Thas the biggest thing about Shane, dude never fouled and it allowed him to be on the court at all times with KB. I don't seethese two havin that sort of discipline. Just my .02

Oh yeah Denver gets one of the first games in LA they win...they lose the first two they lose that's how I'm lookin @ it...

We have to execute well on defense and execute on offense.

execute,execute,execute!

Lakers gotta be on their A game to win this one. They can't think they can just "turn it on" like they thought with the Rockets series.

Nuggets are hot right now. That momentum is gonna carry over into the WCFs.

Chauncey is gonna have his way with whoever is at the 1. JR and Jones are gonna have to do their best with Kobe, but they're better than Shane offensivelyso Kobe will have to play a tad more defense. Melo will get off. Downlow is gonna determine the series I think. Pau & Bynum are tall bodies but if KMartand Birdman continue their goonish play and if Nene can be productive then this series is very winnable.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Where are the "FIRE GEORGE KARL" Nuggets sigs?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I saw them, not even a month ago before the playoffs started.
nerd.gif

Now, the sig is non-existent, how does that happen?

He's still not a very good coach IMO...he's always had great talent...Seattle...Milwaukee...now Denver...lets see if he can get a ring...

Dallas and New Orleans weren't really challenging opponents, and didn't have any sort of inside the paint post game.

The Lakers are gonna be a test for them.

I think this could go the distance, only because how well the Nuggets have been at home. Even before the playoffs started. Just like Houston.

Should be a good series.

LAKERS IN 6 OR 7
those thinking this will end in 4-5 either way is funny

This will be a good series. Actually, both conference finals series are gonna be insane

Can't wait

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to be at the Pepsi Center in Denver next Monday night.

Problem is, so are John Cena and a bunch of wrestlers.

World Wrestling Entertainment says it is booked at the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw, the same night the Nuggets are slated to host the Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman says the organization secured the Pepsi Center last Aug. 15 and has already sold more than 10,000 tickets for the event. He says the organization expects a sellout, with tickets ranging from $20 to $70.

"Even though the Denver Nuggets had a strong team this year and were projected to make the playoffs, obviously Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke did not have enough faith in his own team to hold the May 25th date for a potential playoff game," WWE chairman Vince McMahon said in a statement.

Denver is usually done with basketball by now. The Nuggets had lost in the first round five straight years, but as the No. 2 seed in the West are in the conference finals for the first time since 1985.

The Nuggets referred comment to the NBA, which handles scheduling during the playoffs. NBA spokesman Mark Broussard said the league was looking into the conflict.

Zimmerman said the Pepsi Center confirmed in March with the WWE that the organization wanted to keep the May 25 date, and sent a contract on April 15 -- the final night of the regular season -- which WWE signed and returned. Tickets went on sale April 11.

The conflict didn't arise until Sunday, when the Lakers beat the Houston Rockets in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals. Had the Rockets won, Denver would have had home-court advantage in the next round, hosting Games 1 and 2 and putting the May 25 game in Houston.

As of Monday afternoon, the schedule on the Pepsi Center's Web site listed WWE for 6:30 p.m. local time and Western Conference finals Game 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets for the wrestling event could still be purchased online.

Pepsi Center officials told the ABC television affiliate in Denver that the Nuggets game will be played as scheduled and that they are working with the WWE to reschedule or move their event.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report
roll.gif
roll.gif

The NBA and the Pepsi Center would have to pay the WWE a ton of money to make them move their date. Besides the headache of catering to the sold out ticketholders, there is the lost advertising and concessions revenue as well.

WWE is contractually obligated to have their event as scheduled; the Nuggets and the NBA messed up big here.

Originally Posted by CP1708

dreClark wrote:
Denver doesn't have anyone who can play Kobe as well as Shane did but I think Dahntay and JR can annoy the %!%% out of him
Can they do it without picking up fouls?

I don't think they can. Thas the biggest thing about Shane, dude never fouled and it allowed him to be on the court at all times with KB. I don't see these two havin that sort of discipline. Just my .02

i think kb gonna annoy them. lets be honest, dahntay and jr got short tempers
laugh.gif

like i said before, let kobe go for 40+ and try to stop everyone else. if kobe gets 65+ and nuggets win, so be it.

It would be easier to move the Playoff game, than the WWE event, simply because it's gonna cost the Nuggets tons of money to cover the advertisement feesthat the WWE spent, tickets, merchandise, and promotional events.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

It would be easier to move the Playoff game, than the WWE event, simply because it's gonna cost the Nuggets tons of money to cover the advertisement fees that the WWE spent, tickets, merchandise, and promotional events.

co-sign

Ahh Vince, always good for a laugh.

And yeah, I think it'd be easier to move the playoff game too.

Back
Top Bottom