Official Warriors Season Thread

yeah i think so. i purchased mine through through golden state of mind and i think u can still buy em but at will call? dunno

GSoM Night 3 - Next Friday, February 1st vs Charlotte
We're up to 344 tickets sold for GSoM Night 3, 344 of your fellow GSOM community members at the game. This is JRich's first and only game in Oakland this season, so you'll definitely want to be in Oakland next Friday. There's only a few days left to order your tickets! If you are going to attend, it's time to finally get your tickets. With your ticket purchase you get the same shirt that Air France is holding in the picture above plus an entrance into the raffle for free merchandise, tickets, and signed memorabilia.

Here's all the ordering information you need

Chris Murphy, Warriors group tickets sales representative, is the man in charge of the sales. Follow these 2 simple instructions and you'll be on your way to getting your tickets.
  1. Download the form and fill it out
  2. Fax or email it to Chris [email protected]
GSoM Night 3: Friday, Feb. 1 vs Charlotte Bobcats
  1. JRich Returns
    One of the most popular Warriors plays his first game back in Oakland in a non-Warrior uniform. If Adonal Foyle got a 5-10 minute tribute, can you imagine what JRich will get? That might be worth the price of admission alone!
  2. Limited Tickets
    We're offering up upper bowl tickets at 2 price levels - $30 tickets (originally $35) and $40 tickets (originally $48).
  3. Free GSoM Night 3 T-shirt
    The first 500 people to buy tickets receive the GSoM Night 3 t-shirt for free. Everyone in the arena will want it, but it's exclusive to GSoM.
  4. Raffle
    Free! Yes, free Warriors memorabilia, lower and upper bowl tickets, autographed items, and possibly some JRich signed items. Did I mention you get a chance at all this for free with your ticket?
  5. High 5 the Players
    20 kids ages 16 and under will be selected at random to high 5 the players as they come out of the locker room. Sign your kids up for this experience they'll never forget.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/story/2008/1/26/21273/5418#readmore

if we do sign webber we should before wednesday because West is going to rape us again
frown.gif

Biedrins with the career high boards + NBA high this season.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

koolaid5b.jpg

We need to win against the Rockets so we can hold em down.

if we sign cwebb i hope it's tomorrow. if we play well enough we can obviously beat the rockets, and hopefully we can steal the hornets game somehowsomeway.

Golden State 106, New York 104

By JOSH DUBOW, AP Sports Writer
January 27, 2008

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Stephen Jackson scored 16 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter and Andris Biedrins grabbed an NBA season-high 26 rebounds to help the Golden State Warriors rally from another double-digit deficit to beat the New York Knicks 106-104 Sunday night.

Golden State trailed by 10 points in the third quarter before finding its long-range shooting touch late to win for the seven time in nine games. The Warriors have trailed by double digits in 11 of their 26 wins this season.

The Warriors missed 17 of their first 19 attempts from 3-point range before Baron Davis hit his first of the game to cap 10-2 run that erased the third-quarter deficit and tied the game at 71. Davis hit an even longer shot to beat the third-quarter buzzer, hitting a 40-footer after a long inbounds pass by Matt Barnes to cut New York's lead to 79-76 heading into the fourth.

Jackson then hit his first three 3-point attempts in the fourth quarter, all part of a 17-5 run that gave the Warriors a 95-87 lead.

The Knicks got the lead down to five on a 3-pointer by Quentin Richardson with just over 2 minutes remaining, but Davis hit a fallaway baseline jumper to get the lead back to seven with 1:29 to go. Jackson hit three free throws in the final minute as Golden State hung on to beat the Knicks for the sixth straight time at home.
Nate Robinson's 3-pointer with 1.5 seconds remaining cut the lead to two, but the Warriors were able to inbound the ball to Davis and run out the clock.
Monta Ellis added 24 points, Davis had 22 points and nine assists, and Biedrins had 11 points to go with his career-high rebounding game for Golden State.

Robinson led New York with 22 points, Jamal Crawford added 21, and Eddy Curry had 17. But the Knicks, who had won five of seven, could not make the key plays down the stretch to begin a crucial five-game western swing with a win.

With Curry going to the bench early in the first quarter with two fouls, both teams played smaller lineups. That benefited the Warriors, who prefer that style and took advantage of the more open game. After a slow start, Golden State scored 14 straight points late in the first quarter, including six by Davis, to take a 29-18 lead.

But the Knicks capitalized on their size advantage in the second quarter, outrebounding Golden State 17-7 and scoring 13 second-chance points. New York led 52-47 at the break when Crawford hit a driving layup in the final seconds of the half.

Notes

Warriors coach Don Nelson said before the game he was hopeful the team would sign free agent F Chris Webber, who was traded by Golden State in 1994 following a feud with Nelson. ... Denver's Marcus Camby and Phoenix's Shawn Marion each had 24 rebounds in a game this season. The last player with more rebounds in a game was Ben Wallace, who had 27 on Dec. 15, 2006, for Chicago. ... Knicks G Fred Jones missed the game with flulike symptoms.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

I'm going to be going to the game on Friday, anyone else going?
im going youll see me with a big rasterbated poster of jrich and baron hugging ill be sitting in 108 come say whats up

Sec 108. Holler. Im gonna look for that piece.

House will be jumpin' as usual.
Andris tonight.
pimp.gif

SJAX AGAIN.
pimp.gif

Good win today by the Warriors. Biedrins beasted with 26 rebounds.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
We're slowly catching up with the Lakers, and surprisingly,the Spurs. Even though we're winning, we're not playing the best ball right now. There are still many things that can be fixed. It'll beinteresting to see how the Webber situation plays out too.

im going youll see me with a big rasterbated poster of jrich and baron hugging ill be sitting in 108 come say whats up
Haha maybe I'll say what's up, but I'll be sitting waaaaaaaaay up in the upper level. I'm a broke college student, so I boughttickets from stubhub for $9 a piece. Haha, if I see you, I'll say what's up. I can't wait till the game though, it'll be an emotional game.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Warriors' Nelson would welcome Webber back 14 years after feud[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: January 27, 2008, 11:46 PM ET

Chris Webber's unlikely but fast-moving return to the Golden State Warriors is on course to be completed by Tuesday, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Barring an unexpected change of heart, sources said, Webber will accept the invitation from former coach Don Nelson and former teammate Chris Mullin to come back to the team with whom he won NBA Rookie of the Year honors in 1994, only for Webber to force a trade to Washington some six months later when his prickly relationship with Nelson collapsed.

dropQuote.gif
[h3]I think if he comes, it can benefit our team, it can benefit his and my relationship, it can benefit players on this team. I think he has a chance to make some of our players better and make our team better.
dropQuoteEnd.gif
[/h3]
--Don Nelson

"I hope that it happens to be quite honest with you," Nelson told Bay Area reporters Sunday before the Warriors hosted the New York Knicks. "I think our team needs it."

Nelson made his own surprising and triumphant return to Oakland last season, guiding the Warriors to their first playoff berth since they went 50-32 in Webber's rookie season in 1993-94. Sources say Nelson and Mullin, now the Warriors' vice president of basketball operations, are confident that the 67-year-old coach and Webber are ready for this seemingly hard-to-fathom reunion after multiple conversations in recent days.

For his part, Nelson has maintained that he and Webber reconciled years ago, when he chose Webber to replace the injured Shaquille O'Neal -- over Dirk Nowitzki from Nelson's Dallas Mavericks -- as the West's starting center for the 2002 All-Star Game in Philadelphia.

Webber could not be immediately reached for comment Sunday, but sources insist that he would be Golden State-bound now even if the Detroit Pistons made an 11th-hour bid to re-sign him. The Warriors have offered to sign him for the rest of the season for a pro-rated share of the league's $1.2 million veteran minimum.

After a second-half stint with his hometown Pistons last season that ended in defeat in the Eastern Conference finals, Webber told ESPN.com in October that he would only play "as a Piston" this season . . . "unless something crazy happens." But he has relaxed that stance in recent weeks.

Webber last week rejected the opportunity to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers after they lost Andrew Bynum to a knee injury in part, sources said, because L.A. wanted Webber to play out two 10-day contracts before it made a decision on keeping him. Conversations with the Warriors developed from Golden State's discussions with fellow veteran Gary Payton, as Payton and Webber are both represented by agent Aaron Goodwin.

Although the Pistons have retained an interest in bringing Webber back all season, they would still need to clear a roster spot to make room for the 34-year-old and have either been unable or unwilling to do so. Pistons president Joe Dumars indicated last week that the club was unlikely to buy out the contract of either Primoz Brezec or Flip Murray just to add Webber.

On the surface, Webber appears to be a questionable fit for the up-and-down Warriors, given the mobility issues that have plagued him since a major knee injury in the 2003 playoffs and subsequent microfracture knee surgery. Golden State, however, lacks veteran know-how and frontcourt depth. The Warriors believe Webber's passing and mid-range shooting can address some of their half-court struggles and give them a new offensive outlet when the game slows down or their 3-pointers aren't falling.

At the very least, Webber's arrival would double the number of true big men Nelson is willing to play. Andris Biedrins is the only current Golden State power player entrusted with meaningful minutes; Al Harrington and Matt Barnes are natural small forwards who operate as power forwards for the smallish Warriors.

Nelson asserted over the weekend that he has little doubt that there's a place for Webber's voice in a locker room that already houses the outspoken duo of Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson.

"Our leadership is so strong here I wouldn't worry about that," Nelson said. "I'd say, if anything, we'd be stronger. More veteran leadership is a good thing. I've got enough rookies."

It remains to be seen how Webber will respond if Nelson plays him limited minutes or even sits him some nights, but Golden State figures it's a low-risk, inexpensive gamble that will pay off if Webber can match the production he managed last season in Philadelphia and Detroit, averaging 11.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists.

Those numbers dropped to 9.9 points and 6.3 rebounds in 25.3 minutes per game in the playoffs, but Nelson is undaunted.

"I'm afraid if we don't get him here [that] our team is not strong enough to be a playoff team," Nelson said. "That's my biggest fear. I think if he comes it can benefit our team, it can benefit his and my relationship, it can benefit players on this team. I think he has a chance to make some of our players better and make our team better. Really that's all that's important. I'll get along with anybody who can help our team."

Nelson orchestrated a draft-day trade in Orlando in 1993 to land Webber, who at the time was only the second college sophomore in history to go No. 1 overall. But they barely lasted one season together, with Webber dealt to Washington for Tom Gugliotta and three first-round picks and Nelson losing his dual role of coach-GM shortly thereafter.

"I've learned over the years," Nelson said Sunday night. "I've softened a bit through some of the experiences I've had. I look back at the time when Chris and I were here early in our careers. We were both pretty stubborn and I was maybe too tough and he was too young to see the positives I was trying to bring to the table. I've learned and I think he has, too. Hey, I'm an old man and he's an old player."

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

biedrins was a beast on the boards tonight. Warriors have won 7 of their last 9. We still are not playing as good as we should be.

So what's good with Chris Webber?

^^ I hope we waive Hudson, since his career is probably over, we should just waive him. Free up some extra roster spots. How are you getting to the game fromDavis vietsta?

i hope its hudson and not watson. and if webber comes back is he gunna take watson's #4? haha

anyways imma prolly drive to the game. how bout you, wanna carpool?

good game today. stringing wins together.

eek.gif
at the webber news. i wonder if he's gonna start? hahahaha ....probably with the way nelly shuffles his lineup..he will
laugh.gif

This game tonight was a little TOO close for my comfort but a win is a win none the less.

And i like Watson better than T Hud.

We're moving on up though....WARRRRRIIIOOORRRSSSS...can't wait to go to Fridays' game for the return of J Rich.

They need to step it up big time. Sure they beat a couple bad teams, but we got some tough upcoming opponents. We are going to see what this team is reallymade of this week.

Most likely Hudson will get the axe. Sucks for him, I really thought he was going to be a contributor...Well that's what I said about AnthonyRoberson...Where did he go. Anyway, Watson can play if he gets the P.T. I just wish the Nellie would give some time to POB or Wright...Let them gain theexperience.

Kawakami: Warriors desperately seeking Webber

By Tim Kawakami
Mercury News Staff Columnist

Article Launched: 01/28/2008 02:07:22 AM PST

Don Nelson wants Chris Webber back in his arms again, and he doesn't care who knows it.

Actually, Nelson does care: He's desperate for everybody to know how much he craves a reunion with Webber 14 years after their blow-up, desperate to tell us that the Warriors' current roster isn't good enough and desperate for all Warriors fans to see how desperate he is.

"I just hope that it happens, to be honest with you," Nelson said Sunday before the Warriors' sloppy 106-104 victory over the New York Knicks. "I think our team needs it."

It's classic Nellie: So many messages communicated so cagily to so many people.

And, hey, if it creates and illuminates a tiny philosophical tug of war with Warriors chief Chris Mullin, who is more serene about the Warriors' current state, that's all the better from Nelson's end.

Nelson likes creative tension. He loves being the high-profile underdog. He's a premier puppet master, and Mullin, owner Chris Cohan and everybody in the league knew this before Nelson came back to the Warriors last season.

So now's the time for a probable Nelson-Webber unification. Which is perfect.

It's dramatic, it's stunning, it's tricky, it puts Nelson in the best light possible, it keeps everyone else off-balance, and it continues to cast Nelson as the eternal, clever, clamoring underdog.

It's also unquestionably ridiculous - limping, cranky 34-year-old Webber fits the Warriors' stampede style about as easily as Nelson fits into leotards.

It won't work. It can't work. Even if the Warriors view this as a cheap, three-month rental - which they do - it's too risky. Even if they think they can hit the eject button at the first sign of Webber grumbling - which they do - this is too desperate.

But it's perfect for Nelson. Give him credit for the gambit and understand that Nelson has coached and manipulated this way for decades.

Don, aren't you worried about another meltdown if you bring him back?

"I'm not afraid of that at all," Nelson said. "I'm afraid if we don't get him here, our team's not strong enough to be a playoff team."

That's the big message. Nelson is more afraid of the status quo (the Warriors are pretty good, with rising expectations but obvious flaws) than he is of an inevitable Webber Feud Redux.

Again, classic Nellie. He's an incredible coach because he's always looking for angles, which makes him so tough to endure for opponents and allies alike.

If Webber signs and plays well, Nelson wins, because that will prove he was wise to instigate this acquisition.

If Webber signs and doesn't play well, Nelson still wins, because, hey, Nelson forgave the prodigal Warrior and the prodigal Warrior forgave him, and that's something, right?

Either way, he makes his larger point about the need for help and his coaching magic.

Earlier in the day, I asked Nelson why the Warriors were so desperate for a big man like Webber.

"Have you looked at my roster?" Nelson challenged.

What about Brandan Wright?

"He's a rookie," Nelson said. "He's not ready. You know that. Take a look at my roster and you decide . . .

"I think you need to look deeply at that roster. Look at our schedule, when we start playing the West. Are we going to be strong enough? You don't think that's a concern to everybody?"

He has a point. Nelson always has a point. He won't play Wright. He gets frustrated with Al Harrington. He can't get any offense out of Andris Biedrins. He gets no reliable playmaking out of anybody except Baron Davis.

Webber can pass. He can sit on the high post and find cutters and give Davis a bit of a break. He can back up Biedrins and Harrington or start for either.

In addition, Webber can possibly bump shoulders with Tim Duncan, Yao Ming and Carlos Boozer. But wasn't that the whole problem between Nelson and Webber the first time around?

Yes, it was. This can't work. And Webber can't possibly keep up with the Warriors' fast break or shoot threes or do many of the things Harrington already is doing.

Even Nelson conceded that the Warriors wouldn't be looking for a ton of defense out of Webber - "that's not going to make us any worse, for sure," Nelson cracked.

Nelson just wants Webber because he wants somebody, anybody, and he wants us to know how much he wants that.

Webber's there and now Webber's irresistible. Webber apparently feels it, too.

Can it work after everything that happened the last time around between you two lugs?

"I think we've both matured nicely since that day," Nelson said.

No, actually, it's the exact opposite: We'll soon see about Webber, but Nelson hasn't changed at all, not a bit. That's his charm, his brilliance, his addiction and his utter predictability.

[h2]http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/warriors/2008/01/28/signing-webber-risky-but-not-insane/[/h2]
[h2]Signing Webber: Risky, But Not Insane[/h2]
By Adam Lauridsen
Monday, January 28th, 2008 at 1:29 am in Chris Mullin, Don Nelson, Management.

The story of the modern Warriors is one of redemption. Nelson, Davis, Jackson, and Barnes have all, in their own ways, put certain demons to rest during their time with Golden State. Maybe it's only fitting then that the Warriors put the Oracle Arena's redemptive powers to a true test. The Boston Red Sox had the Curse of the Bambino. The Warriors have the Nelson-Webber-Cohan Meltdown. Until last season's playoff run, this team had been haunted by questions of what could have been had Nelson and Webber worked together. Now, more than a decade later and with both men in the twilights of their careers, we may finally get to find out.

When this story first broke, I was convinced it was no more than rumor-mongering on a slow news day. Don Nelson eating Webber's ribs, to my mind, does not equal Nellie calling his number off the bench. But as the week progressed and more sources reported the story, things got serious. After wrestling with my own emotions over Webber and what he did to this team years ago, I've come around to the potential signing. Yes, it's crazy, but in a few potentially foxy ways. Here's why:

1. Arvydas Sabonis - Nelson longed for years to have the Lithuanian big man on his team. Although the western world missed Sabonis in his prime, by the time he hobbled up and down the court for the Blazers you could still see what a tremendous passer he was. Despite being slow and awkward, the rest of the game moved smoothly around him. He made others better simply by being an unconventional floor general, gifted at sneaking the ball past defenders not used to guarding a playmaker. When I do my best mental impression of Nelson, warm on scotch, thinking about Webber, this is the image that comes to mind.

2. The Warriors: Where Irony Happens - Don Nelson, among other reasons, fell out with Webber because he was unwilling to let his player run the offense and play outside of ten feet. If Webber returns, he may be assigned to do both. The Warriors slow down when Baron leaves the court. If this is going to happen anyway, why not have Ellis or Watson dribble down court and dump the ball to Webber playing high post. He'll be free to initiate the offense and play facing the basket. If he pulls up for a mid-range jumper, so be it. Other than Ellis, it's not like anyone else on the team has been hitting them with much consistency. Chris Webber, point center, is an idea crazy enough for Nellie to love.

3. Just Maybe - Chris Webber has spent the first few months of the season out of the NBA. Hopefully, it's given him some time to consider how he wants to be remembered as a player. If he's willing to give it a go with Nelson, I have to believe that he's done some soul-searching as to what went wrong during his first year in the NBA. Let's dream for a minute that all of that has convinced Webber that maybe he should play more inside and try a little harder on defense. Even with the very limited mobility of his knees, he has a sweeter touch inside than anyone currently on the team. His wingspan has always made him a threat on the glass (when he tried) and his weight would allow him to lean up against more traditional power forwards. Is he a perfect solution? Not by a long shot. But to be an improvement he simply needs to have stronger post moves than Harrington and a better shot at defending the Boozers of the league than Barnes. On both counts, I'm hard pressed to say he wouldn't be an upgrade.

4. Potent chemistry - I'll be the first to admit that Webber seems like he'd be a cancer on this team. He pouts, he's often uncoachable, and he could bring more veteran stubbornness than leadership. But to be wildly optimistic for a moment, I could imagine Webber fitting in here. Baron and Jackson are the team's established leaders. Webber doesn't need to be the savior, just one of the guys. At the same time, his history with the franchise and the coach means that there's a ton here for him to gain. If he's a success, it's the feel good story of the year. If he fails, we've had plenty of practice over the last decade booing him. If I'm Webber and the choice is between going to LA to get yelled at by Kobe and blamed by the LA media when the team doesn't win it all, or to Golden State, to be a potential feel good story on the NBA's most free-wheeling team, I know which option I would choose.

All of this may be premature. Webber hasn't inked a deal yet. The Warriors talk could be just a great poker move by his agent against the Pistons, with Mullin and Nelson playing along to score a favor to be named later. Still, the more I think about the move, the more sense it makes. You sign players to cover your weaknesses. The Warriors can't score in the half-court, largely due to poor ball movement. Webber could make a difference. He can't run with our first team, but we don't need help running. In economics, it's called a hedge. For the Warriors, it could be the small change that separates them from the increasingly competitive pack.

OFF THE GLASS: Rookie guard C.J. Watson, whose second 10-day deal expires today, is expected to receive a contract for the remainder of the season.

Thank you Mullin.

I'm still half and half on Webber, and I definitely don't want The Glove.

That's a smart move Mullin. Maybe after Payton worked out for the W's they weren't impressed. Watson can contribute for the W's, he just needssome P.T. I wish Marco would get some P.T. for once. Croshere is a big help for this team because he can score and rebound yet that back of his is always hurt.Darnit. As far as the Webber rumors, I still not sold to the idea.

Back
Top Bottom