Official Warriors Season Thread

We just flat out sucked tonight. Portland owned us tonight. And when the Warriors shoot bad, we shoot REALLY bad.

I hate our slow starts. It's like the Warriors "coast" during the 1st quarter because they think they can turn it on anytime they feel like it.That's a very dangerous mentality to play with. We're not going to win many games thinking and playing like this.

i HATE these damn slow starts!
mad.gif

Man, I'm !%+##+@ tired of this. Rockets and Utah are just one game behind us. Hopefully we hit a winning streak starting Friday. Man i don't think weeven going to win 42 games this time.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Sometimes the mentality of "its ok I'll hit the next one" killllls the warriors. I understand shooters have that confidence, but when you'renot hitting you HAVE to get some easy buckets. That's just how it is.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Man, I'm !%+##+@ tired of this. Rockets and Utah are just one game behind us. Hopefully we hit a winning streak starting Friday. Man i don't think we even going to win 42 games this time.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

dude its only 1 game, of course your gunna have your off nights and today was just one of those nights. stop being so negative and BELIEVE.
glasses.gif

Warriors played like lottery team of the past.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I would of thought this was a preseason game the way they played.

frown.gif
frown.gif
when the Kool Aid spills you know it ain't good. It's one game, against a team that's playing much better ball than us right now. Every teamwill hit that "losing streak" once in the season and it just appears we're hitting it now. (the 0-6 start is diff, but i mean, in the middle ofthe season)You just KNOW Portland will get it sometime in the season...IMO.If we're a couple games above .500 going into February where we have a lot ofhome games, we should be all right. but yeah, this season it's looking like we may need 45 wins just to get an 8 seed
eek.gif

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

Man, I'm !%+##+@ tired of this. Rockets and Utah are just one game behind us. Hopefully we hit a winning streak starting Friday. Man i don't think we even going to win 42 games this time.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

dude its only 1 game, of course your gunna have your off nights and today was just one of those nights. stop being so negative and BELIEVE.
glasses.gif

It's happening way to often. We a better team than the way we have been playing in the last 2 weeks

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

glasses.gif

It's happening way to often. We a better team than the way we have been playing in the last 2 weeks

true
ohwell.gif
, but we're doing way better than we did last year atthis point. i wouldnt sweat it too much man, but i do see where youre coming from.

We need to start showing up in the 1st quarter, coming from behind every game is just killing us...

on the plus side Watson looked like a legit player out there...

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

glasses.gif

true
ohwell.gif
, but we're doing way better than we did last year at this point. i wouldnt sweat it too much man, but i do see where youre coming from.

I looked at the last years record at 36 games and we were 18-18 and 19-22 through 41 with a much worse team. If we get 23-24 wins through 41 i'll behappy. But i dont know
ohwell.gif

i'm sick of stephen jackson
smh.gif
. Sure he hits some huge shots, but there's countless times on the court when he's the last one to get back ondefense. He tries way too hard to take his opponent one on one, when instead he can just pass it out for someone else to take a shot. i know nellie encouragesthem to shoot the ball 24/7, but damn somethings gotta give.*sigh* i love to hate sjax
tired.gif
.nh

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

i'm sick of stephen jackson
smh.gif
. Sure he hits some huge shots, but there's countless times on the court when he's the last one to get back on defense. He tries way too hard to take his opponent one on one, when instead he can just pass it out for someone else to take a shot. i know nellie encourages them to shoot the ball 24/7, but damn somethings gotta give.*sigh* i love to hate sjax
tired.gif
.nh

It's a Love/Hate relationship my dude. Hate it when he sucks, but LOVE it when he comes up clutch. Just *%!*+%# wish he was more consistint with hisdamn shooting, Word to J-Rich.
frown.gif

I'm a little confused. . . is Ellis our shooting* guard? For the past couple games all I see him do is dribble to a corner stop and look to pass. Is thiskid really supposed to replace Richardson? I know you guys love to praise him, but I don't think he's ever going to be as good as you guys think. Iwill kill Mullin if he overpays him this summer.

Tonight's game was ugly. Shots weren't falling and we were playing sloppy. Gave up way too many threes. Blake, Prysbilla, Jones all killed us. Everyoneon the Blazers had a good game. Hopefully we can bounce back against Memphis on Friday. We need to get off to fast starts and get more of our players involved.It seems like Al is the only one that seems to get going in the beginning of games.

On a positive note, Watson looks promising. He didn't look scared at all and knocked down some shots. I think he's a good pickup. We'll see.

I'm a little confused. . . is Ellis our shooting* guard? For the past couple games all I see him do is dribble to a corner stop and look to pass. Is this kid really supposed to replace Richardson? I know you guys love to praise him, but I don't think he's ever going to be as good as you guys think. I will kill Mullin if he overpays him this summer.

I just don't think he has the mentality that Jason did, and you guys all know I'm a huge Jason fan so you may take what I say with a grain of salt, butI'm still not comfortable with Monta.

And, I wouldn't get too down over a loss to the T-Blazers, yeah it was a lopsided loss, but they're a good team, AND you just beat the Spurs, for Ibelieve the second time this year right? Warriors have a very nice schedule coming up, and look at the upside.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'm a little confused. . . is Ellis our shooting* guard? For the past couple games all I see him do is dribble to a corner stop and look to pass. Is this kid really supposed to replace Richardson? I know you guys love to praise him, but I don't think he's ever going to be as good as you guys think. I will kill Mullin if he overpays him this summer.
I liked Monta's play prior to his finger injury. After the finger injury, he hasn't been as aggressive. I don't know if that is taking awayhis aggressiveness or if the finger injury is still affecting him. I hope he gets back into the swing of things and scores like he's capable of.

Mullin will probably overpay. I guess it depends on the contracts that the other FA get in the offseason. Monta will look around and say, "I deserve whatso and so is getting".

i would not be suprised if the warriors win the next 7 or even 10. because the next 8 of 10 teams the warriors are gonna play are sub .500 (did i say thatright?)

Jason and Monta are two different players playing style wise so Monta is not J-Rich's replacement....I think Buike fills that role slightly better. Thereare definitely a lot of games this year where you wonder..if Jason was out there, we may have won
frown.gif

If the games are at 7:30 then the doors should open at 6. Anyway, I am not worried about the W's. Although, it is disheartening to see them lose toPortland again, things will pick up after the all star break. The W's are 20-15 give them a break. They are playing better than we all expected them to beplaying at this point of the season.

if you want to buy tickets to the bobcats game on the 2/1 or the rockets game on 3/24 you should hit up goldenstateofmind.com to buy your tickets.
here are the dates and opponents.
GSoM Night 3: Friday, February 1 vs Charlotte Bobcats
It's the welcome back JRich game. His 1 and only visit to the Roaracle this season.
GSoM Night 4: Friday, March 21 vs Houston Rockets
It's the return of Yao and TMac to the place where they got blown out!

Look, if you want to go to a Warriors game on a discounted ticket AND get a hot t-shirt for free AND have a chance to win memorabilia, lower bowl tickets, upper bowl tickets, and signed merchandise AND hang out with at least a few hundred of your fellow GSOM folkers, get your tickets now!. Here's all the ordering info:

Individual Tickets (2 price levels)
1) $30 each (originally $35) (This price range sold out vs Houston)
2)$40 each (originally $48)

Package Deal:
You can buy tickets for both games and get a discount. Only the $40 price level is left for the package. You can get both games for $75 (that's $21 off the face value!).

Contact Chris Murphy, Warriors group tickets sales representative

GSoM Night 3: Friday, Feb. 1 vs Charlotte Bobcats

1. JRich Returns
    One of the most popular Warriors plays his first game back in Oakland in a non-Warrior uniform. If Adonal Foyle got a 5-10 minute tribute, can you imagine what JRich will get? That might be worth the price of admission alone!
  2. Limited Tickets
    We're offering up upper bowl tickets at 2 price levels - $30 tickets (originally $35) and $40 tickets (originally $48). I'll be honest, there aren't many tickets left for this game since it's a popular one but Warriors group ticket sales rep Chris Murphy secured as many tickets as he could for us. Check it out. Right now he's guaranteeing us 250 tickets in sections 211-215 and another 86 in 219. If we buy those up, he'll open up as many more as possible. So, if you want in on this game, contact Chris ASAP (see below). What do you get with those tickets? Read on.
  3. Free GSoM Night 3 T-shirt
    The first 500 people to buy tickets receive the GSoM Night 3 t-shirt for free. Just like last time, the t-shirt is going to be hot. Everyone in the arena will want it, but it's exclusive to GSoM. Tony.psd is doing the design so you can be sure it's going to make you look good. We're working on the design but will unveil it soon.
  4. Courtside Shootaround
    The first 100 people to buy tickets get to head down courtside around 6p to sit and watch the Warriors and Bobcats warm up. Up close and personal.
  5. Raffle
    Free! Yes, free Warriors memorabilia, lower and upper bowl tickets, autographed items, and possibly some JRich signed items. Did I mention you get a chance at this all free with your ticket?
  6. High 5 the Players
    20 kids ages 16 and under will be selected at random to high 5 the players as they come out of the locker room. Sign your kids up for this experience they'll never forget.

GSoM Night 4: Friday, March 21 vs Houston Rockets

1. Yao & TMac
    Yao and TMac make their final visit to the Oracle for the season in what could be a pivotal game for the Warriors' playoff chances.
  2. Tickets
    Same as the Charlotte game except we have some more reserved. Tickets in the $30 price range are sold out while $40 tickets (originally $48) are still available. We have 400 tickets reserved between sections 228 and 203. Once we buy those up, we can buy more and more tickets in other sections. Houston is one of the most popular games of the season, so you'll want to gobble these up quick.
  3. T-Shirt, Raffle, Courtside Shootaround, etc
    We haven't confirmed that there will be a raffle, free t-shirt, or how many people get to attend the courtside shootaround, but you can be sure that we're going to push for these to hook you guys up.

Contact Chris Murphy, Warriors group tickets sales representative
Design of the shirt they are giving out
2184277951_ef2ecc847f_o.jpg

2184943810_0f1853cd41.jpg

Link: http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/story/2008/1/11/11021/1250

On espn it says that the Bucks are interested in Pietrus. I was looking at salaries and who the Bucks were willing to part ways with... what would you guysthink of Charlie V? He's nearly 7' and still pretty young. We really do not need Pietrus as we are overwhelmed with SG/SF. I would like to seesomething like this happen.

Back
Top Bottom