Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Melo for Monta & Andres and anybody else
pimp.gif

Jumpmanfromdaybay's avy is confusing the hell out of me. I'm always like, I don't remember writing that, and then I realize his avy is a Bonds jersey.

Jerseys are okay, could have been better- i'm just glad we lost that god awful orange.

I'm kinda feelin the shorts tho...

Edit- Nevermind... just saw the pics below...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Jumpmanfromdaybay's avy is confusing the hell out of me. I'm always like, I don't remember writing that, and then I realize his avy is a Bonds jersey.

laugh.gif
same here. i think it might be best if i changed my avy

Adonal Foyle writes poem upon retiring from the NBA, Orlando Magic

The Orlando Magic's Adonal Foyle, who announced he is retiring after 13 seasons in the NBA, talks about his poetry, his career and his humanitarian work in his downtown Orlando condo on March 17. (Stephen M. Dowell, Orlando Sentinel / March 18, 2010)

Adonal Foyle has announced that he's retiring from the NBA after 13 seasons, the Orlando Sentinel has learned.

But the former Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors center won't stop his humanitarian work. He also won't stop being a poet, which is evidenced by this poem he wrote reflecting on his basketball career. It's called Love Song To Game.

Love Song to a Game

By: Adonal Foyle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here to sign up for sports text alerts and you could win an iPad!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How should I tell thee goodbye?

What can you say about a love affair to rival that of Romeo & Juliet? This is not just some melancholy ode to a hackneyed love of mortals.

I found our love deep in the entrails of the Caribbean Sea. Love that swept me to a land where our embrace became mythical.

You showed me a world that few have dreamt of.

Colgate's golden steeple, a sojurn where ancient teachings flooded my mind.

There in the Chenango Valley where 13 sang my soul to flight, basketball laid siege to my soul.

I do not cry for the passing of our love for it stands radiant while my brittle bones crumble through swift time.

I have known you by so many faces; I will spend my end of days recalling.

You have infected so many with the allure of riches and black gold. But I am not angry with you my love. For to a boy who was lost in the bosom of nothing you gave hope and home.

Like the flickering of a light we come and go without much fuss. So I leave you to fend off seekers, hoping they too will cherish your unyielding countenance.

As for me, I will forever live in the glare of your loving embrace. From time to time I hope you will look in on this pitiful fool.

I will miss brothers of a quilt struggling with burning lights. If I offer advice, pierce beyond the glaring lights and see the faces behind the wall. Don't be fooled by the magicians' nibble fingers. For this is a life with mirrors and screens. Its only truth lies in the understanding it will all end.

The sound I will take home is the symphony of thousands of screaming friends.

Warriors, Magic and yes, Memphis too, I sing you praise, hope, blessings,

Flowing from a boy's songs of thanks to you and you and you,to all I knew.

Please stay my "immortal love."

Back
Top Bottom