Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

I like the jersey.  Looks WAAAAAAAAAY better than the current jerseys we've had in the past couple years.

[h2]http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/08/16/jerry-west-is-open-for-business/[/h2]
[h2]Jerry West is open for business[/h2]
August 16, 2010  ·  2:50PM

Posted by Scott Howard-Cooper

Jerry West with a prominent role in the new Golden State hierarchy will apparently remain interesting what-could-have-been, but the legendary former personnel boss of the Lakers and Grizzlies confirms he is open to returning to the front-office world.

That could have been with the Warriors if Oracle boss Larry Ellison had bought the team. West has known Ellison for years and said the two talked several months ago about His Logoness as part of a possible management team in Oakland, West confirmed publicly for the first time. It appealed to West because of the relationship with Ellison and the proximity of an hour plane ride from West’s permanent home in Los Angeles, but became moot once Joe Lacob and Peter Guber beat Ellison to the Warriors in a surprise outcome.

“I haven’t spoken to him since, but he would have been a great owner and I’m sure the people up there knowing his ability to get things done, it would have been a great thing,

I'm surprised so many people like it, I'm not a fan.
nerd.gif

The COLORS are right, but the logo/number placement?

MEH.

Anyone been to Chicago? If so, what places should I visit and what's the best deep dish and Chicago hot dog place? Got no real replies in general
laugh.gif

Welp......looks like I will continue to rock throwbacks to the games, and wait until we get new uniforms again.

That Bourbon and Branch sounds interesting as hell. I'm a complete beginner as far as alcohol is concerned (just turned 21... I don't consider shotgunning beers or concocting screwdrivers as "experience") so I'm kind of wondering if that spot is beginner friendly? I want to increase my knowledge on drinks but don't want to get dirty looks
laugh.gif

and someone mentioned losing $150 at Vegas... I just went to Macau and lost $150... in 10 minutes. I'm never playing blackjack again
smh.gif

I visited Chicago last year during the 4th of July weekend. The first night I went to Pizzeria Uno because it was supposedly the original deep dish. Pizzeria Uno is more of a tourist spot and I thought their pizza was alright. There's a ESPN Zone across the street with hella Bulls Memorabilia if you do visit. Best deep dish in Chicago imo is Lou Malnati's. Had a slice during the Taste Of Chicago and it was bomb. Other food spots to visit is the Hancock Tower. They got a buffet on the 100th something floor and its as tall as the Sears Tower so you get a 360 view of Chicago and a lunch.

Other spots I highly recommend to visit are the Millenium Bean and the Art Institute of Chicago. Lots of famous pieces of art at the institute and the bean is hella sick in person. I saw Wrigley Field on the train and kinda regretted that I didnt stop by. Navy Pier, Planetarium, Aquarium, and the Field Museum were tourist spots nuff said but they got Sue, the world's most complete T-Rex at the Field Museum. NT and HOH were ehh.

Pizzeria Uno

Hancock Tower

Navy Pier

Never tried Zachary's but there's something about eating deep dish in Chicago that makes it better than anywhere else
grin.gif

Won't lie though, looking at Zachary's website makes me wanna try it. Maybe Saturday...

good looks on that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, i'll definitely look into those places when i'm planning the trip. oh yeah, and one thing...is it as bad as they say it is? like that thread in general with the most dangerous places being half from chicago
laugh.gif
smh.gif
, but i guess if it's the tourist areas it should be alright i'm assuming...

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Adonal Foyle [/h3]
One of the NBA's good guys has written a poem on the occasion of his retirement today from the game that "laid siege to my soul." Foyle, who spent 10 seasons with the Warriors after being drafted out of Colgate, is a social and political activist who became a U.S. citizen in 2007, 17 years after leaving St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Here's some of his "Love Song to a Game": "I found our love ... that swept me to a land where our embrace became mythical./ You showed me a world that few have dreamt of/ ... The sound I will take home is the symphony of thousands of screaming friends."

Back
Top Bottom