Official Warriors Off Season Thread

One possibility in that role would be forward Al Harrington. A source close to the 10th-year forward said he is currently leaning toward requesting a trade from the Warriors this summer, although he will not make a final decision until after the draft.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Baron+filler for Billups/Sheed sounds good
laugh.gif

sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Al + Baron
for
Billups + Wallace

pimp.gif

both of those jerseys would be copped so quick

Please bring Sheed to the Bay. I just hope we actually use him as a post player other than a 3 point shooter.

Didnt Billups just get an extension/new contract last season? How long is his contract for? I wouldn't mind getting him but he's aging and I don'treally wanna keep him for more than 1 or 2 years.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Please bring Sheed to the Bay. I just hope we actually use him as a post player other than a 3 point shooter.

Didnt Billups just get an extension/new contract last season? How long is his contract for? I wouldn't mind getting him but he's aging and I don't really wanna keep him for more than 1 or 2 years.

I think coaches have stressed this to Sheed before because he's pretty skilled in the low post... We can tell Sheed to play in the post all we want buthe'll play to his tendencies... he'll drift out to the 3pt line... He'd be more effective if he played that way but yeah, he's never reallyreached his true potential because of his style of play
ohwell.gif

Not that I don't like Sheed and Billups, they are both great player, I just personally don't see how they fit with this young team. Sheed is what 34and Billups is 32 this yr? Values of these guys will continue to drop. Dumars understands this and tries to sell high as GMs see these guys are still greatjudging they just been to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Not that the risk for the Warriors is great to take on these guys, there isn't much value down the road to add these guys on our team.

i think we can afford to get older just a bit, we're really young and we could easily use some veterans that are actually great players unlike Croshere orTroy "73 copies" Hudson...Billups/Ellis/Jackson/Sheed/Biedrins is definitely a starting lineup to fear.

if it's nothing more than Baron or Baron/Al or something like that, i'm all-in..
pimp.gif
...yo Joe, YOU CALL AND IT'S OVAH!
laugh.gif

00-01 Min 77 33 0 0 2 0 3 1 178 2.3 2.3 16.25 1.215 .485
01-02 Min 82 54 8 1 1 0 1 1 169 2.1 3.3 23.61 1.248 .498
02-03 Det 74 74 3 0 0 1 4 0 136 1.8 2.1 26.29 1.378 .506
03-04 Det 78 78 5 1 2 0 4 0 177 2.3 2.4 28.35 1.323 .459
04-05 Det 80 80 3 0 1 1 9 1 194 2.4 2.6 29.23 1.441 .533
05-06 Det 81 81 27 0 2 0 6 0 160 2.0 4.1 34.63 1.477 .509
06-07 Det 70 70 16 0 0 0 8 0 161 2.3 3.6 31.79 1.461 .494
07-08 Det 78 78 13 0 0 0 7 0 130 1.7 3.3 31.22 1.510 .526

he has npt missed more than 12 games in any of the last 8 seasons.

I don't know about the Sheed/Billups for Baron/Al trade yet
laugh.gif
. I mean, I see what you're saying acid,but I'm still undecided on it. How many years are left on Chauncey's and Sheed's contracts?

I'm all for adding vets to this team, but 25 mil vets? (I know Sheed's contract is up this season, but he still won't go cheap with his nextcontract)
I'm gonna pass IMO.

Sheed is a great player, but how much does he have in the tank?
[table][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]32.3[/td] [td]0.423[/td] [td]0.351[/td] [td]0.788[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.25[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]30.5[/td] [td]0.432[/td] [td]0.356[/td] [td]0.767[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.12[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]12.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sure, you can expect similar numbers down the line but you still have to be prepared for much worse.

if we end up with billups and sheed...wow

Sheed > AL
+
Billups is a DAMN good pg. It would be nice to have a player who plays smart, plays defense, and ISN't a chucker.

Also, billups and sheed would bring that championship swag to the bay
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Also, billups and sheed would bring that championship swag to the bay
pimp.gif

To go along with the championship swag that S-Jax has too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

I'm all for adding vets to this team, but 25 mil vets? (I know Sheed's contract is up this season, but he still won't go cheap with his next contract)
I'm gonna pass IMO.

Sheed is a great player, but how much does he have in the tank? [table][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]75[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]32.3[/td] [td]0.423[/td] [td]0.351[/td] [td]0.788[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.25[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]30.5[/td] [td]0.432[/td] [td]0.356[/td] [td]0.767[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.12[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]12.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sure, you can expect similar numbers down the line but you still have to be prepared for much worse.

Yeah, that's what worries me too. That's why I'm sort of undecided on acquiring them. But yeah, Sheed and Chauncey could prove people wrongtoo...

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Didnt Billups just get an extension/new contract last season? How long is his contract for? I wouldn't mind getting him but he's aging and I don't really wanna keep him for more than 1 or 2 years.

I think coaches have stressed this to Sheed before because he's pretty skilled in the low post... We can tell Sheed to play in the post all we want but he'll play to his tendencies... he'll drift out to the 3pt line... He'd be more effective if he played that way but yeah, he's never really reached his true potential because of his style of play
ohwell.gif

yeah-- dude is lazy, but he'd be fun to watch in our offense. he's everything al harrington wishes he could be. skilled on the block, good frombeyond the arc, plays D and grabs boards..
Originally Posted by acidicality

i think we can afford to get older just a bit, we're really young and we could easily use some veterans that are actually great players unlike Croshere or Troy "73 copies" Hudson...Billups/Ellis/Jackson/Sheed/Biedrins is definitely a starting lineup to fear.

if it's nothing more than Baron or Baron/Al or something like that, i'm all-in..
pimp.gif
...yo Joe, YOU CALL AND IT'S OVAH!
laugh.gif

i think so too. it'll basically be a detroit transplant in oakland
ellis= poor man's Rip
jackson= poor man's Prince
biedrins ~ mcdyess

just read the realGM thread about the pistons rumor, it COULD be something like Baron+Harrington+14 for Billups+Sheed+Maxiell? could be a logjam at PF for usthough.

This has nothing to do with Warriors, but does anyone have a PSP they've "modified?"

Also, Detroit wouldn't get rid of Maxiell.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This has nothing to do with Warriors, but does anyone have a PSP they've "modified?"

Also, Detroit wouldn't get rid of Maxiell.

My brother does. Do you have any questions?

Sheed - 1 more year at $13.68 Million

Billups - 3 more years, roughly for $11, $12, $13 Million with a team option for the 4th year at $14 Million

Regardless, no way this deal goes down. Too many big names are involved and that might be stupid logic but I'd like to be proven otherwise.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
completely random man...haha.

and i know they probably won't wanna give up Maxiell, i think the realGM dude that posted it said the rationale was that the Pistons would have "noneed" for him or something. i don't think they'd do it, so i guess the Baron/Al for Sheed/Billups is probably more possible.

I think they regard Maxiell > 14th, so yeah probably not.

Baron+Al for Sheed/Billups might cost the 14th pick as well without getting anyone else in return (maybe Afflalo, but I don' tthink they want to get rid ofhim just yet.

(As for the PSP, I just bought one and was wondering if I should mod it).

if it's 14/Afflalo then i wouldn't give up the 14, we can easily get someone else in the draft that's probably better than him. but yeah, eitherway like 715 said it's not happening.
laugh.gif

i have a Nintendo DS i need to mod, i only have like 2 games and it's just collecting dust
ohwell.gif
. i kinda wish i had a PSP instead since it seems you can domore with it, but i dunno.

Back
Top Bottom