**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

If you would have told me before the tournament that we would be in the 3rd place game I would have taken it. I think the team might come out guns blazing. Especially the suspended players.

^^^^Maybe played a little better, but lets face it. Argentina is world class. You might be able to catch them on a random day in WCQ, but other then that, you need to have the players to battle with them. Hell KUN ARGUERO AND DI MARIA did not play. They could start for any other NT in the world.

What would have been is JJ and Wood were playing? :smh:

They wouldn't have stopped Messi

They could have stopped that Lavezzi goal though.

I would have still seen ARG winning 2/3-0 if not the same scoreline.

USA literally looked scared straight out there throughout parts of the match.

Possession game was horrible.

Last edited:

At least my boy Hamid made TOTW and got an IF gold 80 card

Kind of helps the open wounds

Man..... Bill Hamid needs to free himself from MLS and flourish in order to get out and claim the goalkeeping job

Didn't he just sign a new contract with DC United too?? :smh: :smh:

Man..... Bill Hamid needs to free himself from MLS and flourish in order to get out and claim the goalkeeping job

Didn't he just sign a new contract with DC United too?? :smh: :smh:

He's all we got, man :smh:

Season started of terrible without him

Dude really is the only reason we stay in games

He comes back from injury, and gets an IF card :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
What would have been is JJ and Wood were playing? :smh:

you'd still have Guzan's goofs
you'd still have Bradley kicking it to Argentina as if he was shaving points

no Wondo though so maybe no epic free kick goal. which in itself is a negative. because that was a ******* thing of beauty :lol:

so pretty much, still all bad :lol:

I was watching ESPN FC after the game and even Brian Mcbride said, on our best day if Argentina came out playing like they did last night we are still looking at probably 9 out of 10 games where we get worked like we did last night.

Our best hope was for Argentina to have some slip up in form, any slip really, and we played our best.

Neither came close to happening last night

Last edited:
It wasn't even as close as the final result. Could have gotten Mexico'd easily :lol: :smh:

Tbh

scoreline aside, both teams were out classed and looked extremely rattled against superior CONMEBOL teams, both had the deer in the headlights look(Mexico after the 3rd goal, US after the opening whistle :lol:), both got blown the **** out.

Let's not compare or try to rationalize that because we didn't lose 7-0, this loss wasn't so bad.

In a vacuum, only looking at USA v Argentina, this game was a hot mess. Zero redeeming qualities came out of this game.

At the end of the day, it was a bad bad L.

But it must still be noted that the bad loss against the #1 team in the world doesn't take away from an over ally pretty good tournament that we had.

Last edited:
Tbh

scoreline aside, both teams were out classed and looked extremely rattled against superior CONMEBOL teams, both had the deer in the headlights look(Mexico after the 3rd goal, US after the opening whistle :lol:), both got blown the **** out.

Let's not compare or try to rationalize that because we didn't lose 7-0, this loss wasn't so bad.

In a vacuum, only looking at USA v Argentina, this game was a hot mess. Zero redeeming qualities came out of this game.

But it must still be noted that the bad loss against the #1 team in the world doesn't take away from an over ally pretty good tournament that we had.

I was reading somewhere that both the Copa and Gold Cup are merging. So that means, we gonna get worked by CONMEBOL teams on a 2-4 year basis :pimp:

Last edited:
Tbh

I was reading somewhere that both the Copa and Gold Cup are merging. So that means, we gonna get worked by CONMEBOL teams on a 2-4 year basis :pimp:

dont mind it, as long as we're playing better competition

So what's next for USMNT as far as international competition (after Colombia)? :\

Last edited:
So what's next for USMNT as far as international competition (after Colombia)? :\

U23's in Rio for the Olympics, my personal favorite youth competition after the U20 World Cup.

Then there's senior WCQ September 2nd and 6th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom