**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

It's time Klinsy starts Nagbe and Pulisic, no ******' around this time. Yeddy byke but JJ will be mised :frown:

Zardes-Dempsey

Pulisic-Bradley-Becks-Nagbe

Johnson-Cameron-Brooks-Yedlin

Would actually keep us pretty consistent in our system and give us even more going forward. Pulisic and Nagbe are both lethal on the counter. Argentina is going to cook anyway **** it.

I like that lineup, we still gonna get kilt by Argentina tho.

great win we are a big high right now . D icks sporting goods having a good sale on all the US stuff . 40% off . i have the away jersey might get the home just not sure where i would get it printed or find a nameset

tumblr_inline_npahqdRxl71qbrqs2_500.gif

I hope this isn't hot take-ish but i honestly think Brooks and Cameron have the potential to be the best CB pairing we have ever had.

I'm sorry if thats a hot take I'm just happy and had to get that off my chest.

I don't think we've ever had a CB of Brooks caliber or pedigree. There have been some good ones, Eddie Pope and Gooch in his prime come to mind in particular.

But Brooks is in a different category. He's been one of the brightest defensive prospects in Germany since he was 19 years old. Pretty much been a consistent starter at the Bundesliga level since the same age.

Taking lack of experience into account, he's always been good by Bundesliga standards but he took a noticeable step this year and moved towards cementing himself as a premier CB in that league. Only 23, he's going to keep growing and growing. The young man is gonna be playing champions league football very soon.

Cameron is also a damn good well rounded player imo. Tons of experience and ability, almost 120 EPL starts in 4 seasons. His biggest problem has always been lack of positional consistency. Was strictly a CM in MLS, then primarily a RB in the Prem. He's looking more and more comfortable at CB lately, I think having him Brooks there to lead the line probably helps a lot.

Our player pool is improving man. At the CB position take Omar Gonzalez for an example. Arrived at Pachuca this past season, walked into the starting XI and immediately helped turn them from meh into one of the best defenses in Mexico. Helped them win a Liga MX championship just a couple weeks ago.... and he's not really even close to being in the USMNT senior team picture.

In 2016 there are quite a few players who can't even come close to getting a look who, when looking at their current club pedigree and form, you realize that two cycles ago they would have been lock contributors in the USMNT program.

Last edited:
Tuesday starting xi should be interesting. Moving Johnson to the midfield a possibility.

Last edited:
It's time Klinsy starts Nagbe and Pulisic, no ******' around this time. Yeddy byke but JJ will be mised :frown:

Zardes-Dempsey

Pulisic-Bradley-Becks-Nagbe

Johnson-Cameron-Brooks-Yedlin

Would actually keep us pretty consistent in our system and give us even more going forward. Pulisic and Nagbe are both lethal on the counter. Argentina is going to cook anyway **** it.

I like that lineup, we still gonna get kilt by Argentina tho.

My boy's coworkers invited us to a restaurant to watch Game 6. I called in and asked if they would also have USMNT game on, they said yes. I get there and all 6/7 TVs are on game 6 and the server tells me they can't change it because the TVs are linked to the same box :smh:

Guess I'll just have to wait till Tuesday when we beat Argentina...:nerd:

Venezuela can't beat Argentina, they ain't built like that. Leave that to the boys in red white and baby blue :pimp:

Anyone have an update on dimaria? He hurt his groin didn't he iirc...

Him and banega have been great this tourney
What's the card situation for them? Any of them missing the game

Last edited:
Love the arch on Dempsey's story this summer.

Some people thought he was washed and we needed a change up front - in true Clint fashion he proves them wrong. Goes on to score his 50th goal in a USMNT shirt, in Chicago of all places... US Soccer HQ and the same city where he scored his first international goal. Next match, goes on to score the lone goal to ensure our advancement from group play. Scores AGAIN last night.... And now, he has a chance to return home to Texas and possibly play a semi-final match against the best player in the world and of his generation.

Come get this work, Messi.

Was never off it :nerd:
Bruh, if Dempsey scores the game winner against Argentina....
If that happens I'll never again curse him out during a Cascadia match. For the rest of this year. In Seattle. Go Deuce :smokin

Back
Top Bottom