**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

They're fortunate to be tied 1-1 now, France has missed some chances to be up significantly. Weah has looked better today than the previous match and that was definitely great work by Ledezma/Soto with the finish.

Hoping Paxton stays healthy. Konrad has been disappointing so far again, IMO. I'm assuming Uly Llanez is being saved for the second half, but man they could use him.

EDIT: What an effort by the young men! Ecuador on Saturday and Mendez will be back, so it's exciting times for these fellas. The continued looks they're going to get from Europe and beyond will hopefully open a floodgate of opportunities. Amazing outcome.

Last edited:
Imagine if some of the younger guys from the senior team were on this team?? Or Alvarez?? Man.. still a pleasure to watch. A few of these guys will make the senior squad.. on to Ecuador :smile:

After watching that U20 match yesterday against France it’s hard watching this US friendly against Jamaica. I’m guessing Berhalter is still in trial phase with some of these players ahead of the Gold Cup, or maybe there aren’t any stakes at hand but I really enjoyed that U20 group.

Pulling for my guy Roldan to put in work though.

Edit: Roldan gives it away, Trapp gets baited and becomes off balance, then Jamaica goal...SMH...

Last edited:
Just saw the roster for the Gold Cup and I cringe when I see crappy players still making squads. Omar Gonzalez? Really? I can put a traffic cone and it will defend better than this guy. Altitrash?bobradley? As long as these players are still on the NT, we will never go forward. It’s not their time anymore. It’s Amon, Sargent and this young generation’s time. Greg better get with the program otherwise we won’t be making progress at all. He we might not even make the next WC.

Wow... Sargent is cut and didn't make the Gold Cup roster. Zardis and Jordan Morris are in instead haha!!! Come on, I get why he's not at the U20 WC (Soto getting an opportunity and thriving) but we really prioritize winning the Gold Cup over development for 2022 WC? USSF/MLS ties and conflict of interests will continue to hold this nation back in soccer. Winning = views from a less sophisticated fan base who can't appreciate progress and system building, craving only results.

Stu Holden making excuse after excuse last night was unbearable. Can't say I'm surprised about the roster. I knew Berhalter was gonna get his guys in. If/When we do get knocked off the GC they'll say the system is not broken everything is fine as usual :stoneface:

also...

Last edited:
Zardes over Sargent is more questionable, and you have Michael Bradley in the mid but Tyler Adams as a defender, okay... Why not slot Adams in mid, where he belongs, and give Antonee Robinson more looks in the back? It's so blatant at this point, I'm disgusted. Jurgen knew it, tried to expose it, and got slandered. However if you read American articles on Bruce Arena's return to MLS, they're essentially puff pieces. It's crazy man.

I don’t get the Love that Will Trapp has? Dude is Bradley MLS 2.0. He is a good in MLS, will never be nothing more. I love this team, but as long as these scumbags run it like Cordero or coaches like Berhalter who run the same system as the good old boys, we will never progress. NEVER!!!!

done ranting. This Squad will Lose in the semis, watch!

Zardes over Sargent is more questionable, and you have Michael Bradley in the mid but Tyler Adams as a defender, okay... Why not slot Adams in mid, where he belongs, and give Antonee Robinson more looks in the back? It's so blatant at this point, I'm disgusted. Jurgen knew it, tried to expose it, and got slandered. However if you read American articles on Bruce Arena's return to MLS, they're essentially puff pieces. It's crazy man.

The USSF, MLS and SUM have this weird incestual coup that none of these talking heads in the US don't seem to call out. They just toe the company line :smh:

Ecuador looking really good and our boys can’t even clear balls properly so far.

Uly in earlier than previous game, should’ve started, so I have full faith they’ll create/convert more chances.

Disappointed they just got outworked. Never looked like they had a sense of urgency. Farthest USA has gotten in u20 but I feel like this group could of done more!

Disappointing indeed. It’s always ohh wait for next time. Always stuck in the same boat. This team was destined for more. Overall the most important thing in this stage is player development, but man. Would have been nice for the US to make a semifinal. There are some players on this team that we will see make the first team in the next couple of years.

the guys played their asses off. My blood pressure went up when they showed Gulati and Cordeiro tho :stoneface:

I really don’t get why Durkan gets the look Tab gives him. Also, so many times today the ball was kicked into open spaces with no white jerseys in vicinity. Perhaps some guys are gassed, and yes Ecuador have an amazing U20 squad, but this wasn’t the result we should be happy about with this group.

Don’t want to hear about how Sargent could’ve made a difference because in U20, you are who you bring. You don’t hear France complaining about their result and talking about “what if” scenarios (like if Mbappe played or something ridiculous). I’m glad they got some experience, but something was off today and I hope they grow from it as a collective and individuals.

Back
Top Bottom