OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Originally Posted by HotSauce23

Wow, I thought that was decent game. And I love the way Spain plays, the reason why they just pass the ball around the midfield is because most teams just sit back and try to cut off all the passing lanes. Every game but this one and the Italian game (because of the way ITALY plays) were high scoring affairs with a lot of great movement.

Greece vs. ____?

etc. etc.

I did find this was a great Euro though, first time I really watched all the matches.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

What a garbage #+@ game to watch, officials were terrible, calls were garbage, especially that "foul" by Schweinsteiger at the end. Spain always makes games so un-interesting to watch, they sit at mid-field all game long with the ball and kill the whole tempo of the game. Congrats to Spain but that game sucked.
indifferent.gif

If there was ANY team who made this game uninteresting to watch, it was Germany. You could make a montage of all the highlights from this game and 80% of themwould be from Spain. Their attack combinations lifted this game from the snoozefest it would've been if it was up to Germany. It could've EASILY ended3-0 to Spain.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

What a garbage #+@ game to watch, officials were terrible, calls were garbage, especially that "foul" by Schweinsteiger at the end. Spain always makes games so un-interesting to watch, they sit at mid-field all game long with the ball and kill the whole tempo of the game. Congrats to Spain but that game sucked.
indifferent.gif

If there was ANY team who made this game uninteresting to watch, it was Germany. You could make a montage of all the highlights from this game and 80% of them would be from Spain. Their attack combinations lifted this game from the snoozefest it would've been if it was up to Germany. It could've EASILY ended 3-0 to Spain.

Word to everything.

I actually found the match rather exciting, because you never knew for sure that Germany was out of it. They made some late pushes at the end to make itsuspenseful.

It was great. Glad that Spain pulled through, too. Torres.... SO FAST. That goal was terrific.

And I can't believe Senna couldn't get a touch on that header back in his direction. Luckily it didn't cost them.

I feel bad for Michael Ballack...

-2nd place UCL 2002
-2nd place WC 2002 (missed the finals)
-2nd place UCL 2008
-2nd place WC 2008

I think he'll have a couple of more shots to win the UCL with Chelsea but he's always going to be known as a loser.

Great tournament overall, I'd say 60% of the games were really good. Sadly this will be a 24-team tournament 8 years from now which will mean 8 morecrappy teams entering that have no chance at winning anything.

Congrats to Spain, they were the best team from start to finish and it's good to see them finally get over the hump.

I don't have many complaints about this tournament. The refereeing was pretty on point, there were a couple of classic games played and most of the gameswere entertaining.

There wasn't a clear cut player of the tournament. If Villa had remained healthy and scored 1 more goal he probably would've got it.

Senna? But I guess Xavi deserved it a bit more in this case, if Arshavin had played well against Spain I wouldn't doubt him getting the award.

Yea i thought Senna was up there too, he was very solid, but I guess that stuff doesn't show up on the stat sheet as much.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Hm. Should have been Casillas. Xavi played well but not THAT well.

Casillas was my first thought, but honestly, Xavi played exceptionally well throughout the whole tournament. Him and Iniesta both played well andcontributed big time to the winning of the Euro 08.

Back
Top Bottom