Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

IMG_8282.JPG

That's facts though, they pumping every iteration to the ground.

I don’t follow the cartoon shoe reference at all, but the market has made it clear it wants the same old shoes from 20-30-40 years ago re-released and rehashed over and over... can’t blame “they”, it’s “us”. This year‘s biggest drop is actually one of the oldest designs, rehashed, again. Shoulder shrug…

I don’t follow the cartoon shoe reference at all, but the market has made it clear it wants the same old shoes from 20-30-40 years ago re-released and rehashed over and over... can’t blame “they”, it’s “us”. This year‘s biggest drop is actually one of the oldest designs, rehashed, again. Shoulder shrug…
That's bc they are proven timeless classics, literally FLAWLESS in terms of design. Tinker and them boys were on absolute 🔥 and way ahead of their time. These designs don't need any tweaking design-wise or added gimmicks. Maybe just some updated tech, protro style, and that's IT! Nothing to shoulder shrug about.

That's bc they are proven timeless classics, literally FLAWLESS in terms of design. Tinker and them boys were on absolute 🔥 and way ahead of their time. These designs don't need any tweaking design-wise or added gimmicks. Maybe just some updated tech, protro style, and that's IT! Nothing to shoulder shrug about.

i can def see wear youre coming from. I dont think every off white shoe is a home run. before getting the off white 5s i feel like i honed in on all the individual changes that were made like the holes and the raw edges and matterial and wasnt feeling them. but when i saw them in person they came together in a way that just made sense. They almost stand alone as their own shoe. I think virgil chose the right colorways to do that with though.

i can def see wear youre coming from. I dont think every off white shoe is a home run. before getting the off white 5s i feel like i honed in on all the individual changes that were made like the holes and the raw edges and matterial and wasnt feeling them. but when i saw them in person they came together in a way that just made sense. They almost stand alone as their own shoe. I think virgil chose the right colorways to do that with though.
Exact opposite for me. I liked them alot at 1st, but after I had them in hand and tried them on it didn't take long for ne to realize they were cool to look at, not so much to actually wear and they're a literal joke compared to og fire reds and metallics. OW 5s are like a caricature of OGs.

Exact opposite for me. I liked them alot at 1st, but after I had them in hand and tried them on it didn't take long for ne to realize they were cool to look at, not so much to actually wear and they're a literal joke compared to og fire reds and metallics. OW 5s are like a caricature of OGs.
I tend to agree with this.
I have sail ow 5s…. I already decided im gonna off em when I get around to it. I was into em at first but the allure wore off

to me, theyre not replacements for the other. obviously you can see where they took inspiration from but execution makes them all 4 distinct shoes with almost no overlap in my opinion.

i will say that neither of them are worth the resale price. but still overall pretty dope shoes. the white laces in the muslins hit similar to pink laces in travs. but thats my personal preference. I get it though, the shoe itself isn’t exactly revolutionary. And you’re objectively getting less sneaker than a normal jordan 5 lol

1664907760012.png

Inspiration? Bro, he took the exact shoe, removed ankle padding, put a yellowing plastic overlay over the whole shoe, put holes in the tongue and netting, aged the midsole and piss yellowed the outsole. Like WTF!? It seemed dope at 1st, but like I said, when I got them in hand and really looked at them it didn't take long to realize we had all been duped. At the end of the day it's literally just a gimmick and not a very good one at that. It's a 🤡 caricature shoe imo, but that's just MY opinion.

Now, what he did with the 2s, on the other hand, is way more creative, it makes way more sense, it's way more practical, way more wearable, look way better and has an actual story that makes sense. The 5s look like something for kids as opposed to something a grown man would be wearing. The 2s are by far his best creation, but again just MY opinion. To each their own.

Inspiration? Bro, he took the exact shoe, removed ankle padding, put a yellowing plastic overlay over the whole shoe, put holes in the tongue and netting, aged the midsole and piss yellowed the outsole. Like WTF!? It seemed dope at 1st, but like I said, when I got them in hand and really looked at them it didn't take long to realize we had all been duped. At the end of the day it's literally just a gimmick and not a very good one at that. It's a 🤡 caricature shoe imo, but that's just MY opinion.

Now, what he did with the 2s, on the other hand, is way more creative, it makes way more sense, it's way more practical, way more wearable, look way better and has an actual story that makes sense. The 5s look like something for kids as opposed to something a grown man would be wearing. The 2s are by far his best creation, but again just MY opinion. To each their own.

So he basically redid the whole shoe (the 5's) and just did the midsole for the 2's but they were more creative? I love both shoes, prefer the 2's slightly more, just cause I always been a fan of the 2's growing up, but there was a lot more reworking in the 5's. Dont see the gimmick in the 5's or a caricature like youre saying.

So he basically redid the whole shoe (the 5's) and just did the midsole for the 2's but they were more creative? I love both shoes, prefer the 2's slightly more, just cause I always been a fan of the 2's growing up, but there was a lot more reworking in the 5's. Dont see the gimmick in the 5's or a caricature like youre saying.
Just did the sole for the 2s? He rescanned the Jordan 2 with medical equipment and totally changed the shape and revamped the shoe. This is why I can’t stand the old head utterances- “ if you wasn’t on twos before then you shouldn’t be allowed to buy the off-whites”. That’s BS because it’s basically a whole new shoe..which is why people that normally wouldn’t be interested in 2s are actually loving them.

The 5s are great and the 2s are great. If you don't like them any more, that's fine. It's okay to grow bored of things, that doesn't take away from their greatness. No need to make clownish proclamations.

Just did the sole for the 2s? He rescanned the Jordan 2 with medical equipment and totally changed the shape and revamped the shoe. This is why I can’t stand the old head utterances- “ if you wasn’t on twos before then you shouldn’t be allowed to buy the off-whites”. That’s BS because it’s basically a whole new shoe..which is why people that normally wouldn’t be interested in 2s are actually loving them.

**** no, they like them because they are OW lets be just honest here, not because of no damn revamped shape. :lol: That being said, thats fine too if you just like 2's all of a sudden cause of them, but we not gonna sit here sand say the toebox is why people love em all of a sudden ffs. :lol:

**** no, they like them because they are OW lets be just honest here, not because of no damn revamped shape. :lol: That being said, thats fine too if you just like 2's all of a sudden cause of them, but we not gonna sit here sand say the toebox is why people love em all of a sudden ffs. :lol:
Not true. Theres plenty of wack off white shoes that get no love. The shape is the reason that I gravitated towards the shoe… If it was just a regular clown-shoe Jordan 2 with the off-white treatment-wouldn’t have looked twice

Back
Top Bottom