Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread . First (preseason) game in 2 days! Season Thread is up!

i stopped reading that list when delfino was the starting 3.

then i started reading it again .......

.........and stopped when joey graham became a shooting guard.
laugh.gif

BC said the only way Parker is coming back is if he takes a role off the bench.

the raptors need to get in on all this heavy trading.

definitely could have used rj

or a foye, miller combo for that matter.

The problem is we have absolutely no trade bait. Colangelo's 2 ******ed trades have cost this team dearly.

2 1st round draft picks, Moon, Rasho, TJ Ford for 2 months worth of Shawn Marion.

Here is our current roster...if your a GM of another team, does anyone here interest you in any way? (Bargs/Bosh/Calderon are the least tradeable guys on theteam).

-Bargnani
-Bosh (UFA in 1 years time)
-Calderon (4 yrs left)
-Evans (2 yrs left)
-Marcus Banks (2 yrs left)
-Humphries (2 yrs left)
-O'Bryant (1 yr left)
-Ukic (2 yrs left)
-Jawai (1 yr left)

Bargnani is the only player on the list that other teams in the league would be seriously interested in. Young player, very talented, modest salary...of coursethese characteristics are the same reason why Colangelo probably wont trade him. Thus, we do not have much to offer other teams.

Bosh is going to be subject to an open bidding war in 1 yrs time. Unless teams can get him to agree to an extension, they have little incentive to trade forhim at this time.

If we land Demar DeRozan I think he can be that explosive SG we've been looking for since VC left.

Perhaps it's just my impatience from having such a horrible season but damn...teams all over the league are making moved left and right while we'resitting, doing nothing. I'm sure coming up with a good trade is hard due to the very limited assets that we have but damn...I wanna see some movement.Hopefully there'll be some changes made come draft day.

I keep waiting to hear some news about the raptors making a trade happen and then i realize we don't really have many players to use as bait. bargnaniisn't leaving, thats pretty much a guarantee. I doubt BC will wanna trade bosh or jose before the draft. Its VERY hard to sit and watch other teams takingthe right steps towards future success.

Im all for not making a qualifying offer to joey before the 30th. let him walk. he can take his inconsistency, low IQ, crazy athleticism and lack of effortnight in and night out to some other town.

wish we had minny's picks right about now

What do you guys think of Derozan? I've never seen him play, which NBA player does he resemble the most?

I always cringe when I read something like "Great athlete, needs to improve his game"...there are so many variables that come into place when youhave a guy with natural ability coming into the league (work ethic, coaching, playing time, etc. etc.). I hope we dont end up with a Gerald Green type player(people were actually comparing him to T-Mac prior to that draft).

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What do you guys think of Derozan? I've never seen him play, which NBA player does he resemble the most?

I always cringe when I read something like "Great athlete, needs to improve his game"...there are so many variables that come into place when you have a guy with natural ability coming into the league (work ethic, coaching, playing time, etc. etc.). I hope we dont end up with a Gerald Green type player (people were actually comparing him to T-Mac prior to that draft).
I recently posted a new thread on this. From what scouts are saying, he has all the tools but needs to put it together.
I like the fact that this guy has all the physical qualities, and with these qualities can get to the basket with ease, but a guy that shot 19% from three andis a SG kind of scares me.
Gerald Green is the first player that came into mind as well.
This may be a project that pulls through, but I'm actually getting tired of "project" picks.
Unfortunately, picking at the 9th prohibits us from drafting a player that can contribute right away.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I always cringe when I read something like "Great athlete, needs to improve his game"...there are so many variables that come into place when you have a guy with natural ability coming into the league (work ethic, coaching, playing time, etc. etc.). I hope we dont end up with a Gerald Green type player (people were actually comparing him to T-Mac prior to that draft).

For someone who is supposed to be an athletic freak his combine number were disappointing. Only 38 inch vert? He was claiming that he jumped higher than vincein his prime, he had a 44 inch vert. Not to mention his sprint and agility drills were some of the lost in the whole draft class.

Derozan right now is has got a pretty good mid range jumper with no 3 point range. Did not rebound or block shots at any great rate (again disappointing for agreat athlete.) but his play improved in the second half of the year.

He is better than Gerald Green because of his pretty consistent pull up jumper but he could easily just end up a role player in this league.

"He reminds me of Vince Carter as a Tar Heel -- the body, build, and athleticism," says forward Antawn Jamison, who played with VC in Chapel HIll."He could've been a top pick if we didn't have the age limit. But he'll benefit from the veterans, and in two or three years, he can be ahousehold name."

that Jamison quote is interesting and definitely looking at the brighter side of the picture. Everywhere I've read the writers/analysts echo the samesentiments about Derozan. can jump outta the gym, improving mid-range game, needs to work on his 3pt'er, needs to improve his IQ (i.e make smarterdecisions with and without the ball). one of the scouts actually compared him to joey graham when he was coming out of college. pause!

im always willing to give new guys 2 full seasons before I call them a bust. as long as he can show consistent improvement over time and learns to use hisathleticism to his and the team's benefit I'll be quite happy.

combine numbers dont mean %@** .

in game that kid is a leaper.

read that he's not thrilled about playing in TDot though.

a question that has to be brought up, is there any point in drafting a player who already disgruntled with the team?

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

combine numbers dont mean %@** .

in game that kid is a leaper.

read that he's not thrilled about playing in TDot though.

a question that has to be brought up, is there any point in drafting a player who already disgruntled with the team?
NBADraft.net said that, and they are known for being bull****ters.

There is a combine interview where he says it would be great to play in toronto so I think they are full of *+!!.

That's one thing I've really learned to appreciate and take pride in." On how he thinks his game would translate to the Raptors and what they are looking for, "I would fit perfect, it describes me100%."

- A lighter moment in the scrum came when DeRozan was asked where he would rank himself in the top ten. "I feel like I'm the best. Coming in after theseason and working on everything, working on weaknesses. I just want to show everybody." The follow up question was whether he'd take himself with thenumber one pick. DeRozan smiled broadly, "Definitely. I think every player would say that."

- While he certainly won't go first overall and most likely will not be available at the ninth pick, one can already picture Marc Iavaroni's eyes lightup at the thought of DeRozan's length and athleticism on the wing as he stresses the importance of defense in an uptempo offense. DeRozan really would bethe perfect fit. And if Torontonians are wondering if he feels like Toronto could be a fit for him, one more quote to prove there is nohesitation from this guy about playing on this side of the border: "I didn't know it was this beautiful. Reminded me a little of a "mini-New YorkCity". It's real nice.

i think as far as wings who'll be available i think im most on board with derozan.

jrue isnt big enough to be a starting 2 in the L.

and i dont feel like evans has a position.

if by some miracle flynn falls i say grab him that kid is the real deal and there still isnt an established backup point.

so we got that boy for the #2 spot. now the situation with marion, do we re-sign or let him walk? if he walks whos gonna fill in his shoes?

the raptors still have a lotta question marks early in this off-season. will ukic be sufficient enough as a back-up to calderon if he cant stay healthy? ithink ukic will develop a lot better than people give him credit for. hes very very crafty with the ball, he can drive very well to the basket but hes verytentative. thats a common trait for most overseas players but longer hes here the more familiar and comfortable he will become with the neighbourhood and thepersonnel. along with that comfort level comes confidence and focus on the game so i think this kid will do well.

Back
Top Bottom