Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Woke up at 9, had a nice breakfast, got dressed, went to Yorkdale, Footlocker employee said they had a size 12 Breds left (a lil too big, but I could do it), then he comes back and was like "it's on hold for someone", I went to Champs they were out, employee calls downtown and they have a 11.5 (my true size), bought a gift card at Yorkdale Champs, Yorkdale passed the gift card number to downtown Champs, paid for the shoes, told the homegirl who lives down the street to pick 'em up, I'll grab 'em after school Monday (I go to Ryerson).

No hassle. Slept in.

Oh and cytokinstorm, all the people who missed the 88s went home with Breds. haha

Anyone been to NikeES this past week?. I know someone went the week before and mentioned some Kobes/Lebrons/Airmax 90s in stock. 

I got some passes from work and was wondering if it was worth making the trip down. 

Last edited:
Oh man I was just at Scarborough town centre and some kid was selling fake cement 88s from the back of his parents odyssey with his parents driving. He had a trunk load full ! 

I
Where what time did u join a line
I went at 4 30 and I was first in line and no one was around so I left to go eat and check another spot. By the time I got back like 45 minutes later there were 20 something people in line. Still got my size.

Oh man I was just at Scarborough town centre and some kid was selling fake cement 88s from the back of his parents odyssey with his parents driving. He had a trunk load full ! 
What did he look like? I saw the same dude and he's white, super cute face and 100% goes to the gym; from what I can tell he does a ton of pull ups, push ups and more than likely squats. #pause

lol...I think this is that guy, he's got a few pairs of 88 3's for sale, claims they have minor flaws, selling for $320, known as "sneaker vault", in Scarborough. Plus, he's selling an Odyssey! (is this the colour odyssey you saw?)

Yes that's him ! lol I just read his ad , he says he's a 12 but surprisingly a 10.5 fits him. He's probably selling that odyssey to buy a pickup to hold more shoes in the back

These resellers are making me :lol: .... "Stood in line for 10 hours not gonna give up if i don't get the price i want $450 firm" :x :smh:

Why bother with people selling on Kijiji? If they were legit, they'd have no problem selling here or ISS.

These resellers are making me
laugh.gif
.... "Stood in line for 10 hours not gonna give up if i don't get the price i want $450 firm"
sick.gif
mean.gif
 LMAO. I was there camped out I wont lie, but some of these resellers are 
laugh.gif
. It was a cold night but im glad i got my pairs. Ive never done anything like that before. I have lined up 3-4 hours before but that was crazy! 

When the first 3 people went in and came out they announced that 9.5 was sold out. Then I heard one of the footlocker dudes say "we gotta take care of our people" meaning employees got theirs on the lock. 
mean.gif
 After a few more people came and went then they said that 10.5 was sold out. The next 20 people started getting anxious. They also limited people one pair per customer. Either you picked the 88s or the bred XI at HOH. Eaton centre didnt limit people but had a total of less than 40 for both shoes.

I missed the sneaker game in Toronto circa 2003. It was much easier to cop pairs and just overall a better vibe. Also I miss seeing "Heat" in line ups or any sneaker gathering. At least half the people back then had half decent kicks on. Maybe I'm crazy...

Last edited:
The employees at hoh will tell you how it sucks that they will miss out on a release, when you and i both know thats bs. For the corks, there was no size 12, and odd sizes remaining.

Employees had taken most.

*sighh*

is there some secret to getting releases on eastbay? I never seem to get them in my cart

No secret.  Just takes some persistence and some luck.  When you click on "Add to Cart", a window usually pops up notifying you that the shoes are not available b/c it's being held in someone's cart.  Just continue clicking "Add to Cart" and ignore the window that keeps on popping up.  Eventually, the shoe will be added to your cart.  I've purchased a few pairs from Eastbay using this method.  Once, it took me 45 mins. and today, it took me 2 mins. 

Also I miss seeing "Heat" in line ups or any sneaker gathering. At least half the people back then had half decent kicks on. Maybe I'm crazy...

Never understood this. :lol:

Got my pair with no problems, slept in and picked them up from NTO. Had a chance to pickup a second pair, but I was just satisfied with one so I didn't take advantage of that opportunity. Regret that move now. Anyways, heard Sherway Gardens had 40+ people lined up, I hope it wasn't a case that lurkers saw the numbers I posted and STILL figured to go and lineup. Once you see a certain amount, move to the next plan.

The employees at hoh will tell you how it sucks that they will miss out on a release, when you and i both know thats bs. For the corks, there was no size 12, and odd sizes remaining.

Employees had taken most.

*sighh*

There was no 12 because a representative from Nike Canada took that size. I explained that before, he even said it on the mic to those in attendance during the HOH private party. Other sizes that were taken were within the Nike company, or during the charity auction.

Never understood this.
laugh.gif

Got my pair with no problems, slept in and picked them up from NTO. Had a chance to pickup a second pair, but I was just satisfied with one so I didn't take advantage of that opportunity. Regret that move now. Anyways, heard Sherway Gardens had 40+ people lined up, I hope it wasn't a case that lurkers saw the numbers I posted and STILL figured to go and lineup. Once you see a certain amount, move to the next plan.
Exactly what I did, I went to Yorkdale, counted roughly 20+ people in both the Footlocker and Champs line, so I headed on over to STC. Both my brother and I ended up with a pair. Thank you very much for posting the numbers!

Never understood this. :lol:

I guess I just wanted more eye candy. Lol. I can see images online of sneakers but its a different thing when you see them in person. I have been to flight club half a dozen times but still isn't the same as someone wearing them. To each their own.

Also NTO? Is that nike town? I thought they did raffle only.

Exactly what I did, I went to Yorkdale, counted roughly 20+ people in both the Footlocker and Champs line, so I headed on over to STC. Both my brother and I ended up with a pair. Thank you very much for posting the numbers!

No problem, that's why I threw the numbers up. Though a few spots popped up last minute (Sherway, Champs on Yonge) and other locations got more allocated than the original amount (NTO).

Also NTO? Is that nike town? I thought they did raffle only.

RSVP via Twitter.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearin
There was no 12 because a representative from Nike Canada took that size. I explained that before, he even said it on the mic to those in attendance during the HOH private party. Other sizes that were taken were within the Nike company, or during the charity auction.
thanks for clearing that up.

No problem, that's why I threw the numbers up. Though a few spots popped up last minute (Sherway, Champs on Yonge) and other locations got more
allocated than the original amount (NTO).
RSVP via Twitter.

Your right about the last minute popped up my friend went to BCC. Footlocker got their shipment but the
Champs did not. The manager said it went to a different location. Happy for those who got their pairs!!

I missed the sneaker game in Toronto circa 2003. It was much easier to cop pairs and just overall a better vibe. Also I miss seeing "Heat" in line ups or any sneaker gathering. At least half the people back then had half decent kicks on. Maybe I'm crazy...

I wonder what we were talking about in the NT Toronto thread back in 2003?

Q- Im sure you remember the Official Toronto thread being located in the General forum and it was always busy.

Who remembers these 3 usernames back then?

avid4shoes
marsblackmon
aysix

Also back in 2003... The White/cement AJIII was a US only release.
If you wanted a pair, you had to travel down south for a pair.
Only a handful of people owned them in the city.

I remember I unds my pair at Nike Battlegrounds

Time flys

^ that's sexy/true

Sneaker game is different man. It's like you can't scoop a pair of kicks unless you take your top off and have a super amazing six pack which in of itself is struggle enough.

#abs #sixpax

Last edited:
Was anyone else @ hoh ? There was lots of memorable moments. Haaa. Yonge Street Friday night ! Always entertaning ! And to paraphrase Nas " Those bucks that bought bottles / coulda bought u retros ! " Haaaaa. I Love Toronto !

Back
Top Bottom