Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

That raptors game though...:wow:

Game was on ESPN too, so it had national American coverage. The worrying trend for the Raptors right now and has always been our Achilles heel is our inability to make shots for a long stretch of games. I've literally become furious at the TV when open 3s are bricked one after the other. It's not even just the fact of missing the shots...it's terrible shot selection and reverting back to isolation and predictable basketball. It's obvious that Derozan or Lowry will get the ball in late game scenarios but I would rather see Fred VanVleet take the game winning shot like he did last night than see another Derozan turnaround with 4 defenders draped all over him. That dunk was vicious for sure though.

Like we've spoken about in here before, it's become all too predictable of what the American analysts and TV reporters will say about the Raptors. Houston is having an amazing season...heaps and heaps of praise and respect is given to them about truly challenging the Warriors and their chances to come out of the West. The Celtics lost Hayward early and have been performing well to hold down the number 2 seed in the East. The Raptors are on pace for 60 wins and are on a 6 game winning streak, but even more impressively, are beating teams truly as a team and their bench is playing outstanding. The only storyline is that we "suck in the Playoffs" OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Literally every single show (NBA on TNT, Inside the NBA, NBA Gametime, First Take, Skip and Shannon show) all they do is just copycat each other with the same exact analysis. "We don't trust this Raptors team. They suck in the Playoffs and choke every year". "Lowry and Derozan don't show up when it's big games". Do they mention that this isn't the same team? No. Do they continue to bring up that these other teams haven't truly done anything outside of a Warriors or Lebron driven team? No. They just continue to throw jabs at us and they truly look stupid as ****. It's clear they don't truly watch Raptors games. The only time they tune into Raptors is the Playoffs where I'm not even going to deny...our "stars" have had poor showings. All we can do is wait and see because the **** talking won't stop until we reach the finals or get past Lebron at least.

How long was the whole exhibit? From entering AGO to waiting and seeing each room?

Man I’d love to check it out but has anybody gotten in with a resell ticket?

As for the Raptors they just gotta #ProveEm, they don’t need US media validation, just go out there and win

Game was on ESPN too, so it had national American coverage. The worrying trend for the Raptors right now and has always been our Achilles heel is our inability to make shots for a long stretch of games. I've literally become furious at the TV when open 3s are bricked one after the other. It's not even just the fact of missing the shots...it's terrible shot selection and reverting back to isolation and predictable basketball. It's obvious that Derozan or Lowry will get the ball in late game scenarios but I would rather see Fred VanVleet take the game winning shot like he did last night than see another Derozan turnaround with 4 defenders draped all over him. That dunk was vicious for sure though.

Like we've spoken about in here before, it's become all too predictable of what the American analysts and TV reporters will say about the Raptors. Houston is having an amazing season...heaps and heaps of praise and respect is given to them about truly challenging the Warriors and their chances to come out of the West. The Celtics lost Hayward early and have been performing well to hold down the number 2 seed in the East. The Raptors are on pace for 60 wins and are on a 6 game winning streak, but even more impressively, are beating teams truly as a team and their bench is playing outstanding. The only storyline is that we "suck in the Playoffs" OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Do they continue to bring up that these other teams haven't truly done anything outside of a Warriors or Lebron driven team? No. They just continue to throw jabs at us and they truly look stupid as ****. It's clear they don't truly watch Raptors games. The only time they tune into Raptors is the Playoffs where I'm not even going to deny...our "stars" have had poor showings. All we can do is wait and see because the **** talking won't stop until we reach the finals or get past Lebron at least.

The US media seems to forget that Houston hasnt achieved anything in the playoffs lately, either. Harden was terrible vs the Spurs last year, but no one seems to remember that lol

Ya I'm not saying we "need US Media validation" but that you should at least have some professionalism and even throw slight respect where it's due. It's their jobs to watch all 30 teams in the league and provide analysis. Obviously we're going to be the black sheep of the NBA and it's just ridiculous that a team that's performing so well gets disrespected to the level the Raptors have. I forgot what paper or site the author wrote for, but the guy released an article about if there's any team in professional sports that's disrespected and overlooked as much as the Toronto Raptors. I truly don't think there is.

Ya I'm not saying we "need US Media validation" but that you should at least have some professionalism and even throw slight respect where it's due. It's their jobs to watch all 30 teams in the league and provide analysis. Obviously we're going to be the black sheep of the NBA and it's just ridiculous that a team that's performing so well gets disrespected to the level the Raptors have. I forgot what paper or site the author wrote for, but the guy released an article about if there's any team in professional sports that's disrespected and overlooked as much as the Toronto Raptors. I truly don't think there is.
Yeah i think the Raptors are definitely at the top of that list. Tomorrow's game will be televised in the States. Hopefully we can smack the Rockets. Then im sure all the US media will have some bs excuse for why it happened lol

Exactly. We slapped Boston and Cleveland and Hoston already. Do you think Steven A Smith or Skip Bayless were talking about the Raptors the next day? It was exactly what you said. They were more so criticizing how this is fake success and we're just going to go back to a ****** team in the Playoffs lmao.

Exactly. We slapped Boston and Cleveland and Hoston already. Do you think Steven A Smith or Skip Bayless were talking about the Raptors the next day? It was exactly what you said. They were more so criticizing how this is fake success and we're just going to go back to a ****ty team in the Playoffs lmao.
Yup, Perfect examples. When we blew out Boston, it was all about how poorly they played. When we blew out the Cavs it was about how poorly they shot and how the team was in turmoil. Even when we smacked the Rockets, it was because Chris Paul was out...Its never because we played welland deserved to win lol

Exactly. We slapped Boston and Cleveland and Hoston already. Do you think Steven A Smith or Skip Bayless were talking about the Raptors the next day? It was exactly what you said. They were more so criticizing how this is fake success and we're just going to go back to a ****ty team in the Playoffs lmao.

I like how the Raptors are doing right now especially with the 2nd unit becoming quite strong and proving themselves. But can we finally win game one in the Playoffs??! For the past 4 yrs or so, every game one of the playoffs have always been a loss for us. Especially with home court advantage. Then they interview fans coming out and the fan's will say, oh its just game one jitters, they'll shake it off for the 2nd game. Seems like we're cursed for game one's in a playoff series.

How long was the whole exhibit? From entering AGO to waiting and seeing each room?

Man I’d love to check it out but has anybody gotten in with a resell ticket?

As for the Raptors they just gotta #ProveEm, they don’t need US media validation, just go out there and win
Entered ~ 2:30 left around 5, but I took my time

Lol. I've never seen Spurs fans complain about lack of attention. They were happy with just flying under the radar and getting wins.

And hey, Raps are always on TSN/Sportsnet and have a whole channel dedicated to them (if I see one more commercial about the Norman Powell trade, I'm going to puke). Why do you guys care so much about what the casual American NBA fan thinks of your team?

Lol. I've never seen Spurs fans complain about lack of attention. They were happy with just flying under the radar and getting wins.

And hey, Raps are always on TSN/Sportsnet and have a whole channel dedicated to them (if I see one more commercial about the Norman Powell trade, I'm going to puke). Why do you guys care so much about what the casual American NBA fan thinks of your team?

From most of your posts, I can tell that you're "that guy" in terms of always challenging what people say lol. People talk about being annoyed by re sellers...I've seen you come in and defend re selling or people hoarding pairs. In this case, you're not right in any sense. It's not about "complaining about lack of attention", it's complaining about lack of respect. That Spurs team you mention didn't have the media bashing it left right and centre. When they played well even under the radar, they were given that respect of being a good team. We get it...you're not a Raptors fan and probably don't live in Toronto. It's stupid though to just say "It's a Toronto thing to want recognition from the World". It's not about recognition...it's about making the right analysis and not clearly bashing a team that's the only team outside of America.

Bun screaming a smith. Hes a waste man anyways, never gives the Raps credit. Always the other team had an off night or some BS.

I think it's a Toronto/Canada thing to seek recognition from the US/World
incredulous.gif

Have a seat

if you can't see Toronto craves International recognition you live under a rock.

How many times have you heard "Toronto ranked as a top ___ International city in the world" on the tv or radio? Or our Mayor demanding everyone know Toronto is a world class city? I rep Toronto and Canada all day do I somewhat fallen victim to it too.

Drake, the weeknd, Bieber, and other celebrities wrre religiously celebrated once they made it in the US

Toronto and Canada as whole has underdog mentality in everything except Hockey and being nice

Until we win the East and or the Ship the US will never give the Raps respect. #proveem and they are right, all we do is win Reg season then in playoffs GHOST....

Until we win the East and or the Ship the US will never give the Raps there respect. #proveem and they are right, all we do is win Reg season then in playoffs GHOST....
So why is Houston getting respect? They do the same thing. This roster hasnt won anything. Most guys on that team havent won **** either

So why is Houston getting respect? They do the same thing. This roster hasnt won anything. Most guys on that team havent won **** either

A lie?? What has man like cp3 done in the playoffs??

Conference finals? Lool

They have won a ship. Not those players but the team in their history has.... they added a ALL-star mid last year with Chris so you will have all the HYPE with them.. those names are house hold names on the rockets. the Raps don't. Until they prove the NBA and people then they will have people knowing their "house hold names"

Back
Top Bottom