Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Just FYI tho. When I went for my last court date for speeding like 6 months ago. A lot of ppl got caught with using cell phone. That charge they are being more harsh, reduced fine but demerit stays.

Hope this helps.

Almost got into an accident on Richmond yesterday because this driver in front of me was driving too slow and switched lanes into traffic. Once I moved over and drove past him, I noticed he was texting head down while driving. Like head completely down while driving.

I'm gonna dispel a common misconception.
Demerit points don't affect your insurance. It's convictions (pleading guilty to your ticket) that affect it.
Demerit points are primarily used for license suspension.
You can have demerit points dropped from your record but if you have a record of ticket/conviction, your premium is still affected.

You learn something new every day...

I'm saying. :lol:

I'm gonna dispel a common misconception.
Demerit points don't affect your insurance. It's convictions (pleading guilty to your ticket) that affect it.
Demerit points are primarily used for license suspension.
You can have demerit points dropped from your record but if you have a record of ticket/conviction, your premium is still affected.

one thing to add is that if your insurance doesn't run a record check every year, your premium will not increase until they do a record check on you. And record gets dropped after 3 yrs from the date that you plead / proven guilty.

one thing to add is that if your insurance doesn't run a record check every year, your premium will not increase until they do a record check on you. And record gets dropped after 3 yrs from the date that you plead / proven guilty.
Damn wish I’d known that earlier. Got caught running a red on NYE and caught a ticket with demerit points. Was my first ticket and I stupidly paid it off. Now I’m trying to reopen. I know it’s still off topic but anyone got tips? :frown:

Damn wish I’d known that earlier. Got caught running a red on NYE and caught a ticket with demerit points. Was my first ticket and I stupidly paid it off. Now I’m trying to reopen. I know it’s still off topic but anyone got tips? :frown:

was it by red light camera or a police actually stopped you?

If you’re an experienced driver with a clean record, insurance companies will probably let your first conviction slide. You gotta be careful not to get anymore though.

yup, points don’t matter. In order for your license to be suspended for points you need to have a lot (10 plus), for a commercial vehicle it’s less. It’s all about convictions, when you renew your insurance they ask you if you had any convictions, not points. Remember you currently have no convictions, since you are fighting your ticket, so if your insurance is up for renewals, keep that in mind.

Also odds of your officer not showing up are slim because Remember in Toronto, a officer is getting paid whenever they show up for your ticket.

Xcopper will not do anything, they will plead guilty and if they do go to trial they require you to attend because your are the other witness.

I bought a pair of those flyknit 1's on sunday from VM, you guys think Nike will price adjust for me seeing as how now they are 25% off today?

****, now the mall is closed, i work 10 minutes away too. God dammnit. Im sure they'll adjust it for me, if its still 25% off.
Only on the day of the sale

The coupon is supposed to show up in the Nike app ? Which one do I download from the AppStore ? I don’t see any Nike+ apps besides some running and fitness ones

A matter is highly unlikely to be reopened once it has been paid. The only time I've ever seen a matter reopened after it has been paid is when it's dealing with a rental company (they pay all fines, and charge the customer).

Other than that, just go to Old City hall (60 Queen St W) room 7 and file for an appeal as long as you are within 30 days of paying the fine (date conviction registered). Once the appeal is filed you can then send the information to the ministry of transportation to have the matter removed from your abstract until the matter is heard at the Appeals court.

Nothing is completely done in our legal system, you could even appeal and appeal.

Last edited:
yup, points don’t matter. In order for your license to be suspended for points you need to have a lot (10 plus), for a commercial vehicle it’s less. It’s all about convictions, when you renew your insurance they ask you if you had any convictions, not points. Remember you currently have no convictions, since you are fighting your ticket, so if your insurance is up for renewals, keep that in mind.

Also odds of your officer not showing up are slim because Remember in Toronto, a officer is getting paid whenever they show up for your ticket.

Xcopper will not do anything, they will plead guilty and if they do go to trial they require you to attend because your are the other witness.

The odds of an officer not showing up are still 50/50. Unless you're dealing with a heavy writer (about 50-70 officers throughout the entire TPS), not everyone goes to court regardless if they're getting a court card for attending. They used to schedule officers when they had days off and thats when they would get paid overtime, now they tend to schedule when the officer already has other matters in court (based on availability submitted by the officer).

If anyone is interested, I have a pair of the BC3s coming from NDC in a 10.5 for retail? Just don't want the hassle of returning it back to NDC. It should be arriving sometime this week.

Back
Top Bottom