Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Thanks for the intel.
Thought I scored a TF pant from Haven for cheap, 50% off the OG price.
Week goes by and get a follow up email stating my order was cancelled due to no available stock, wha?

Needless to say I'm still feeling sour by the whole ordeal (first world problems - yes I know) was hyped thinking I got a "start the car moment..."
Today, I'm on a hunt to cop the Carbon Grey/Heather pair for the low to get that feeling back.

Anyone else who may have information please share!
What size? I have a brand new with tag cropped version size large carbon heather

The barber/ haircut thing is always an interesting topic. I've suggested in the past that we make a thread on it and I'm pretty sure I have before but for whatever reason, it doesn't really take off or remain consistent with posts.

I guess it's because once information is out there, people don't really contribute anything else. I'm actually a barber myself and have been cutting since I was around 10. I don't currently work in an actual barbershop but I was highly considering going back to barbering full time. I got my degree from university so I was pursuing different avenues as well but I always felt like I wouldn't mind opening up my own shop if I was able to do so financially.

I cut my own hair now but I'm always willing to discuss who others go to and think are the best barbers in the city. This shop called "The Fitting Room" has been getting a lot of buzz on social media, but the thing about barbers/barbershops are they legit are a dime a dozen.

^ I am getting married in June, so my wife to be suggested i hit up a legit barber for our big day. Been going to this chinese lady in Scarborough for just a trim, its not bad, but i feel like i could find much better.

Curious as to your thoughts on Garrison, member here suggested it and the barber he mentioned (Alex) seems to book out pretty quick.

I want someone who is able to work with my head shape and maybe make minor adjustments/suggestions as to what will work or not. Obviously I am way too scared to do something crazy from what I usually get which is just a fade and trim.

^ To be honest, I've heard of quite a few people going to little Chinese places where the haircuts are 5$-$10 and can be ok/decent, but I'm not even trying to be pretentious when I say that you get what you pay for. Those places that charge those kind of prices can give you an "okay" cut or one that's passable but most times, the level of detail to the fade and quality of the line up is where the poorness of the cut comes out. I'm speaking from experience of being a barber, and while the average person isn't going to even look at your cut with that level of detail...the little details count in something like a haircut. I've worked in urban barbershops where most of the clientele were black, so you need to perfect your clipper skills and make sure your fades and line ups are on point. I've also worked in shops that were basically like a salon/barbershop hybrid. Garrison, although I've never been there, seems like one of those hipster barber shops like Crow's Nest. I'm not saying that the quality of work isn't great because a lot of talented barbers and hairstylists work in shops like Crow's Nest, but I'm also from the mentality that a haircut should never cost more than $25 no matter what is being done. You have these shops downtown charging 50$+ for a basic fade and scissor trim, but that's where the pretentiousness comes into play. Some people would automatically assume that since they're paying that high price for a cut...it must be the best cut in town. Barbers are something that you have to develop a relationship with and they understand how you like your cut and the shape of your head. Some cuts work generically for a number of people, but the best barbers can differentiate between clients wants and needs.

So that was a novel, but I wouldn't see anything wrong with trying out Garrison or any other shop for that matter. It's hair and it will grow back. I cut my own hair mostly every time because I realize how much $$$ i save over a span of a few months to years even. I've also found that since I'm a barber myself, I'm often not even fully satisfied with the cut that a lot of barbers I've tried have given me. I end up going home and busting out my own clippers to fix what was done.

I find that some barbers charge a ridiculous price depending on how much they have to pay the shop. Gotta compensate somehow I guess.

^ I am getting married in June, so my wife to be suggested i hit up a legit barber for our big day. Been going to this chinese lady in Scarborough for just a trim, its not bad, but i feel like i could find much better.

Curious as to your thoughts on Garrison, member here suggested it and the barber he mentioned (Alex) seems to book out pretty quick.

I want someone who is able to work with my head shape and maybe make minor adjustments/suggestions as to what will work or not. Obviously I am way too scared to do something crazy from what I usually get which is just a fade and trim.

If you're getting married you probably want two trips to the same barber before hand. Don't want a miscommunication right before the big day.

Garrisons is 35 for a cut which I don't really consider outrageous given the rent they likely pay in that area. They tidy up your beard included in that as well. Used to have a beer while you waited at the old location but I don't think that's continued at the new spot.

I'd have no issue taking a whole bunch of NTers if it was convenient for you guys. I live in Scarborough by the Pickering border.

Used to go to this barber in the west end by keele and finch before i started cutting my own hair.

$17 for a cut and beard. Not sure if its gone up since but they were good. Italian pops and son owned it. Had a one st lucian guy id always go to and there was a next dominican barber too, dunno if they still there.

Thanks blackchiney08 blackchiney08 for your input.

I feel like finding a new barber is like going on a first date. Want to make sure everything goes perfect otherwise never going to see them again lol.

Have a few up here in Vaughan.. Herd the Iraqi guys are pretty good if your into fades and all that.. have yet to find one for a good price though

never been to a barber in t.o., only got my hair cut by mom and then myself when old enough. nothing easier than going level 1 from your scalp to your beard haha

EDIT: only barber ive been to is in Philippines a couple times

Anybody catch this?
Livestock got 30% all Adidas items.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 24
I've been hitting up Throne for the past couple of years now (Yonge and Gerrard across from Ryerson). It's 40 for a cut but the vibes and atmosphere around the shop makes it worth imo. The guys have cut a good amount of celebs and NBA players too, so they're pretty trustworthy for cuts. Also you can def talk about kicks in the shop since almost all the barbers are somewhat into the shoe game.

Hagen Hair Barber on Dundas is my go-to. $20 a cut. Make sure you find Hagen. He's quite communicative with what he's doing with your head shape and hair type.

1 1438008135 Not sure how much time you have before the wedding but i did the same thing as you before my wedding years ago. I would agree that you should try to get a few cuts in w the same barber (at least 3 imo), so you can build a rapport and they can understand your likes and dislikes before the big cut.

My experience was a little different corbs corbs , I looked for a few spots and ended up at Garrisons first. I went a probably a total of 4x before my wedding and used this one barber (he's no longer there) but when it came down to the cut before my wedding the barber never showed up or called to cancel, needless to say i was pissed and have not been back since. The barber makes a BIG difference and be sure to drop some info that you're getting married so he knows not to bail on you the cut before your wedding.

Back
Top Bottom