Official Thunder vs. Mavericks Thread - OKC sweeps the Mavs

Originally Posted by buggz05

I don't see the Spurs getting past round 2
nerd.gif

Parker and Ginobli aren't athletic enough for the thunder, clippers or grizzlies imo
Spurs can easily win a ring and beat anyone.

mark cuban and prok gonna be knocking on hardens door when the time comes.

okc still doesnt look like they have a good halfcourt offense. too many isos

i think if they could get a better coach they can become an even better team

Sigh.....
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

I said this back in 2007 after the Mavs lost to the Warriors in the 1st round; coming off a Finals appearance: "What a difference a year makes."

I know this is an entirely different situation as Mavs were underdogs from the get-go and realistically had no shot at this series but still: "What a difference a year makes."

Yall definitely kicked our #$# and wanted revenge from last year. I'm not even that upset, I'm proud you guys beat us. We played well in spurts, but you guys came through when you needed to. Did we have bad bounces of the ball? Some, but you guys deserved to win each of the games you did. You guys executed. Russell played great, I was very happy with what I saw from him. KD struggled the first two, but really killed us on the road. And Harden? Damn that boy makes me proud. Skies the limit for him. I was shocked at how well Ibaka played too. I didn't think he was capable of playing to this capacity. Maybe it was just our soft-#$# front-court, but he did a great job. I still think the Thunder have some issues in the half-court offense, but they will learn, especially if they keep running Harden out there, Jesus..
sick.gif

You guys were really physical with Dirk, and that's what bothered him so much. He had nine turnovers in the first two games, VERY uncharacteristic, and that's credit to Perkins and Ibaka. When Russ switched onto JET, that ended the series right there. JET was ON FIRE the first game in the first half, couldn't be stopped. After that, he sucked hard. I expected more from him, but I think he felt a bit betrayed not getting a contract extension, and when he saw the rest of his team fold up, he did too. Kidd played well tonight, but goddamn he has some of the stupidest turnovers in the world. So many of his passes are so lazy and Russ or Harden just easily pick them off. I won't be sad if he's never in a Maverick uniform again. After his G1 explosion, Marion really disappointed me too. Expected a lot more. He did great defensively in the first two games, but after that, a non-factor.

I wish yall the best though. Happy for you guys. I wasn't even that mad when we lost. Still not. It's just a game, and this has probably been the worst year I've ever watched as a fan of this team. Other years when we lost in the first round, we were a better team than we played as. This year? Old, slow, and just not ready to repeat that championship. I hope Dirk puts in some serious work this off-season, and we get a good training camp in, but we will see. I expect a lot of new faces come September.

Good luck yall, it'll be a tough rough ahead of you guys, but if they keep playing this well, especially in the clutch, yall will be fine.

So the defending champ Mavs get swept and no body said anything . That's how you know Mavs team are just a one hit wonder.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

So the defending champ Mavs get swept and no body said anything . That's how you know Mavs team are just a one hit wonder.
laugh.gif

If that's how you want to look at it bro, fine.
laugh.gif

Yall were the higher seed, the defending champs, and didn't have old %#% bums like Jason Kidd and Vince Carter on your squad.
laugh.gif

Yall still had Kobe, Bynum, and Pau. Our best three players were Dirk, Shawn Marion, and Ian Mahinmi.
laugh.gif

Not to turn this into a Lakers post, but we didn't have old bums? You forgetting Derek Fisher was on our team starting?
laugh.gif

Anyways, Cuban really messed things up this year for the Mavs. #1 priority should have been retaining Chandler.
With that said, OkC is looking dominant! Harden is a beast & will give the Lakers all kinds of trouble. I just wish the Mavs would have at least brought this to 6 games to tire them out a bit

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool Aid, but I bet Pop already has the videos of Harden going left off high pick and rolls. Your best bet to defend it is to run the 2nd defender at him and make him have to pass it to the screener (Collison, Perk, or Ibaka) as they suck at catching and finishing. Just 1 defender trying to get in his way is going to get Euro stepped. Ideally, you also try to push him right, but I guess it's not that simple as tons of lefties only go left and nobody can figure out how to influence them the other direction

Mavericks quit at the trade deadline when Jet was complaining about Cuban not making moves.
When they blew game one I text a friend that "the Mavs now have an excuse to quit on Cuban".
I have never seen Jason Kidd throw the ball to the other team, as many times as he did this series.
My heart tells me Deron Williams is coming to Dallas.
J Kidd said he will recruit him and will come off the bench if we get him.
http://aol.sportingnews.c...isle-dirk-nowitzki-cuban

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Yea I don't think we can take the Spurs.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Edit: I'm lol-ing at Westbrook calling that guy a troll; not at Scientific's comment about not being able to beat the Spurs. 

That guy writes terrible articles too, the one Westbrook called a troll.

I copped some In and Out on the way home (they have them in TX now) so combined with residual cheesing from the Thunder W last night, drove home like
happy.gif

Coolest pic I took, for the Thunder facebook page
581506_585123472114_140301390_31140439_264981857_n.jpg

524110_585123447164_140301390_31140438_1840330218_n.jpg

very bottom of the page, little passed the middle is this old dude who has Thunder authentic shorts and jerseys with "Obama" on the back and #44. Him and this other old dude both always wear them to games, 1 will were the home, and the other will wear the away, and there's a third who calls himself Streeter. I am trying to figure out their story beyond that, but I don't know it yet/ They were all down there in that same section but not together.

Hey what is up with Perkins? Please do not tell me he is out for the post seaon. Anyone have an update?

MRI confirmed a strained hip, his availability is unknown at this point.

He's crucial for us though. He held Bynum to some low scoring games this season.

Thunders with the sweet revenge over the Mavs. Thunders is my pick to bag the championship this year.

Back
Top Bottom