OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

just started rewatching for the 5th time 
smokin.gif

HBO Go is missing few episodes of The Wire, Girls and Oz. I was rewatching Oz and I cant exactly remember but seasons 3 or 4 season finale is completely missing. IDK why they are excluded. Giving Girls a shot, and it is at least missing Season 2 Episode 2.

The Wire is still the best show ever on tv. And season 2 was one of the best seasons. ::Flame suit on:: but it is better than season 4, imo. 1>2>4>3>5

I'm very disappointed by the Season 2 slander :smh:

Season 2 had so many great stories and future plot points that built from it. Stringer and Avon's relationship started to falter, the introduction of the Greeks(which played a very important part to the series overall),etc.

"My name is not my name" was such a great line especially after you finish the whole series.

just started rewatching for the 5th time :smokin

5 is horrendous. Rushed camera shots and poor acting. Terrible implausible plots. I dont know why they were in such a rush to tie everything together. Everyother season was stellar

I'll say it again season 2 is the best. go back and watch it again.
mean.gif
Season 2
smokin.gif

Sounds like people are mad that the story went beyond "the pit," which is crazy.

I'd love to hear ACTUAL reasons why people didn't like S2. I

I'm very disappointed by the Season 2 slander
mean.gif
In hindsight, I just
mean.gif
@ how initially dismissive I was about Season 2 during my first run through of the show.

While Season 2 was a complete shift from what I expected, as I watched it I become just as enthralled with it as I was with Season 1. And after I finished the series I really came to appreciate Season 2 even more, because it was the tipping point for major events that happened in the next 3 seasons.

Season 2 had so many great stories and future plot points that built from it. Stringer and Avon's relationship started to falter, the introduction of the Greeks(which played a very important part to the series overall),etc.

"My name is not my name" was such a great line especially after you finish the whole series.

In hindsight, I just :smh: @ how initially dismissive I was about Season 2 during my first run through of the show.

While Season 2 was a complete shift from what I expected, as I watched it I become just as enthralled with it as I was with Season 1. And after I finished the series I really came to appreciate Season 2 even more, because it was the tipping point for major events that happened in the next 3 seasons.

So much truth in both of these statements... It's bigger than just the streets. :smh:

Exactly how I feel about S2. I actually didn't start watching until S4. So I went 4, 1, 2, 3, 5
laugh.gif

I take the 5th commandment
roll.gif

Exactly how I feel about S2. I actually didn't start watching until S4. So I went 4, 1, 2, 3, 5 :lol:

I take the 5th commandment :rofl:

I disagree... I think it was the scene where The Greek met with the fed in that restaurant.

I think our definition of "important" as it relates to the Wire differs quite a bit 
laugh.gif

I hated Valchek too, but some of the things that came out of his mouth were hilarious 
roll.gif

I think the only characters I hated were Rawls, Burrell, & Landsman...

Although Ziggy aggravated the **** outta me.

Finally saw Avon making connects even in jail :lol:

and just finished the series last nite!

A true detailed glimpse of life as we know it in the city ... :pimp:

Season 2 connected so many dots it's probably the most essential. People who dislike season 2 are in it for the gangsta epic and not the full story, they just wanna see the street ****. Even then you should like it, it showed the biggest boss of them all.

I wanted to punch Valchek every time he said Sobotka. But I was praying for Ziggy's death. Rawls is most def the most deplorable.

Last edited:
Like everyone i wasnt a fan of season 2 on my first watch. I was in like 8th grade watching it so of course i was like wtf is this dock stuff. But on my 2nd watch threw when i watched it with my girl in like 08 i realized i missed a lot of things that played into a bigger story.

When i watched it with my moms last year is when i finally gave the writers credit because that was pure genius what they did with the story. I stress to everyone who is thinking about watching it again to watch it with someone so you can talk about it because different people focus on different aspects of the story and bring up totally unique conversations.

Example i hate season 5 with a passion. My mother loved it because she worked for her hs newspaper and did journalism in college.

Back
Top Bottom