OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

Still haven’t made it past episode 3.
giphy.gif

Personally, I don't think that Stringer Bell was extraordinarily intelligent. Slim Charles, Brother Mouzone, Prop Joe, Boady and Lester Freeman all seemed to have more brain power. Stringer Bell was shrewd in certain ways, especially how he saw the power of capital and wanted his piece of the mainstream American dream.

Ultimately, it would not have mattered if String were the smartest or most honorable character in the show, he still would have, some how, been killed inside of his own monument to his own glory. That is what the tragic story arc is all about.

The tragic hero sees the worst outcome possible as a distinct threat and takes all or most reasonable measures to prevent that outcome but it happens anyway. Stringer Bell's original "flaw" was that he was born poor and of the streets and all the econ classes and classic books and high rise condo projects could not change that fact. His desire to torture Omar's lover was a result of String's being from the "street" and his second act of hubris was his betrayal of Avon and that was driven by String's conscious desire to separate himself from the "street." String's nemesis was the "game" itself and Omar and Brother Mouzone were simply instruments of the "game" that had to punish String's hubris.

S2 was not better than s3 at all.

And I really like s2.

Season 2 painted the whole series for you.

Season 3 was good but I like ruffling feathers because I know a lot of people dismiss season 2 with the reasoning of “they didn’t show the streets”

Oh, but it did.

Have had the DVD set for a while now but I just got it on Blu-Ray so I am tempted to give the new widescreen version a viewing. Personally I think Breaking Bad is better but I loved this too. Marlo's gangsta never convinced me though. Snoop tho...

Personally, I don't think that Stringer Bell was extraordinarily intelligent. Slim Charles, Brother Mouzone, Prop Joe, Boady and Lester Freeman all seemed to have more brain power. Stringer Bell was shrewd in certain ways, especially how he saw the power of capital and wanted his piece of the mainstream American dream.

Ultimately, it would not have mattered if String were the smartest or most honorable character in the show, he still would have, some how, been killed inside of his own monument to his own glory. That is what the tragic story arc is all about.

The tragic hero sees the worst outcome possible as a distinct threat and takes all or most reasonable measures to prevent that outcome but it happens anyway. Stringer Bell's original "flaw" was that he was born poor and of the streets and all the econ classes and classic books and high rise condo projects could not change that fact. His desire to torture Omar's lover was a result of String's being from the "street" and his second act of hubris was his betrayal of Avon and that was driven by String's conscious desire to separate himself from the "street." String's nemesis was the "game" itself and Omar and Brother Mouzone were simply instruments of the "game" that had to punish String's hubris.

Slim DID NOT have more brain power than String. :lol:

Stringer bell, intelligent?!? Where? Took an intro to economics class at a community college and thought he was hot ****.

My favorite scene is where he gets played by Clay and then he tries to get slim to hit em, Avon comes in and checks string.

"this look like money, ************? Money be green, money FEEL like money. That **** look green to you?"

"gotta dead ****in president on it"

"i dont give a **** about the president, that **** aint money"

Stringer bell, intelligent?!? Where? Took an intro to economics class at a community college and thought he was hot ****.

What makes you say he thinks he was hot ****?

He immediately parlayed business principles he picked up in a 100 level course into an illegal operation. That's pretty slick.

What makes you say he thinks he was hot ****?

He immediately parlayed business principles he picked up in a 100 level course into an illegal operation. That's pretty slick.

He made me think he was hot **** by constantly belittling and his condescending attitude towards everyone cuz he took a couple cc courses. His business principals is what messed up the whole operation and trying to be no violence unless he gets outsmarted and duped and wants revenge.

Avon, slim, prop Joe, and even Marlo were more "intelligent" than him. I also irrationally hate stringers character, props to Idris, and it prolly clouds my judgement but I just don't get how so many ppl like him when he was such a sucker. And a rat lol

It’s crazy how people outside the city love the wire more than people in the city :lol:.

Me and most people round here really didn’t start watching it til like season 3 was out for real.

Re-watched it many times. Lots of layers man. Lots of em.

Back
Top Bottom