OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

great story and it isn't even a reach.

we know who fights the wars in this country. I'm sure something similar has happened.

Chris having a military background isn't that far of a stretch.

He was always tactical in his approach, scoping out the situation before taking action, like what he did when Avon was trying to set Marlo up with that girl.

I'll never forget how he beat the @*%% outta Bug's dad, had Snoop shook and all.
laugh.gif

I want to rewatch the show just for Chris now
laugh.gif
One of my favorite characters, and that's a great point/idea.

Basically I felt they ended it at the right time. Season 5 wasn't great, but it didn't tarnish the show's legacy either.

i didnt like how Omar was killed in the store...kinda like they knew the show was about to end and didnt know what to do with him

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

Basically I felt they ended it at the right time. Season 5 wasn't great, but it didn't tarnish the show's legacy either.
i didnt like how Omar was killed in the store...kinda like they knew the show was about to end and didnt know what to do with him
i think it was to show that anything can happen to anyone and anytime. just don't get caught slippin/off guard.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Chris having a military background isn't that far of a stretch.

He was always tactical in his approach, scoping out the situation before taking action, like what he did when Avon was trying to set Marlo up with that girl.

I'll never forget how he beat the @*%% outta Bug's dad, had Snoop shook and all.
laugh.gif
Its amazing how many times you can watch this series and come up with new things that you never thought of before
pimp.gif

Agreed, Omars death was easy to write so I see that point, but that's what made it so brilliant. He escapes, evades, and survives it all, only to be taken down by a kid. His time was up, and I would have been disappointed if a major player took him down after all that time.. It was a great shock the way it was done.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Agreed, Omars death was easy to write so I see that point, but that's what made it so brilliant. He escapes, evades, and survives it all, only to be taken down by a kid. His time was up, and I would have been disappointed if a major player took him down after all that time.. It was a great shock the way it was done.

Agreed.

Omar went up against the two biggest drug organizations and survived relatively unscathed.

He was as meticulous in all his actions as Chris was, always looking over his shoulder so a major player taking him out was very unlikely.

Another great thing about Omar's death was it helped bring viewers back to reality.

Throughout the series Omar was portrayed as this badass who was virtually untouchable no matter how dire his circumstances were.

His death helped reinforce the notion that anyone can get got on the streets, no matter how smart or tough they are.

The greek was so sloppy in season two, trusting the sabaka's like that. He was so close to getting knocked.

prop Joe beat that rush like it was cowboys o-line in the 90's

Originally Posted by toine2983

Agreed.

Omar went up against the two biggest drug organizations and survived relatively unscathed.

He was as meticulous in all his actions as Chris was, always looking over his shoulder so a major player taking him out was very unlikely.

Another great thing about Omar's death was it helped bring viewers back to reality.

Throughout the series Omar was portrayed as this badass who was virtually untouchable no matter how dire his circumstances were.

His death helped reinforce the notion that anyone can get got on the streets, no matter how smart or tough they are.

This.  This is how it always happens.

Omar dying like that was contrived.. kennard wasnt an unknown kid.. he was on the corners w/everytone else.. no matter how diminutive he appeared. Omar knew of him no doubt... that death was a panic move by the writers. Season 5 was wacky and illogical anyway.. Characters totally abandoning their prior self and becoming almost animated in a way. The writers rushed to bring everything to a close in season 5 and it was extremely messy imo.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

Omar dying like that was contrived.. kennard wasnt an unknown kid.. he was on the corners w/everytone else.. no matter how diminutive he appeared. Omar knew of him no doubt... that death was a panic move by the writers.

This is all wrong.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by Phen0m

Omar dying like that was contrived.. kennard wasnt an unknown kid.. he was on the corners w/everytone else.. no matter how diminutive he appeared. Omar knew of him no doubt... that death was a panic move by the writers.

This is all wrong.

ALL THE WAY WRONG.

Omar didn't even pay him any attention when he ran up on Mike on his corner.

Kenard wasn't known to anyone outside of the youngins bro. Its like Marlo said "Some lil _ who wanted to hear that thing go pop"... thats it thats all

in the middle of my 1st rewatch of season 2 right now.... Season 2 is definitely not as bad as I remember. I actually enjoy seeing Stringer mess up as Boss.

Avon screwing over that prison guard who was messing with Weebay was classic as well.... NT sleeps on Avons intelligence

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kenard pretending to be Omar after the shootout at the stash house that Bunk investigated?

If so, then they might have planned that all along and used it as foreshadowing. or they could have just done it as a coincidence but I doubt it.

omar didn't perceive children as a threat. He hardly pays any mind to kenard. I remember noticing this while watching.

that was GENIUS on the writers part. They build up Omar. have him survive a 7 story fall, making him seem invincible. Adding to his legend. Then a little kid pops him, the newspaper doesn't run his story, and the coroner mixes up his information

two lessons. one is that Omar was a legend in the hood/ Mythical status. But to the "real world" he was a nobody. He was insignificant.

two is that these killers don't start that way. Before all that they are just children. They drilled the point him when mike shoots that guy in the last episode

"you're just a kid"
"that's just your leg"

was I mad when omar got shot? of course. I saw it coming about 10-20 seconds before it happened in the store. And I was just like noooo way this is !%$ he ends. But over the weeks that passed I'm even more impressed

that takes some serious balls to destroy one of the best characters ever made. You know what would have been boring? Omar going out in a blaze of glory. Or Omar beating Avon, stringer, AND marlo. That is rarley how things work. It would be the exact opposite of what the Wire was about. Reality

We should have all seen it coming way before it did. He broke his own code and was acting reckless after Butch got it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kenard pretending to be Omar after the shootout at the stash house that Bunk investigated?

If so, then they might have planned that all along and used it as foreshadowing. or they could have just done it as a coincidence but I doubt it.

[font='Lucida Sans Unicode', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

7.png

[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom