***** Official The Game Thread*****[Final Album "Westside Story'' TBA]

I low key wanted to hate on this cuz Game has been doing some clown **** the last few years.......but this album is flames :lol:

I love when West Coast artist make you feel like you're right there in the trenches in LA. That's a lost art. Something I really liked about YG's album, and this one.

these have been my thoughts exactly

I always thought dude can rap but after his 1st album I feel he made a bunch of clown moves

now I feel he as grown so much since then and he made a solid album

im from Florida and have been to LA the past 3 years about 5 times so when I hear albums like this YG, Kendrick, Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q and so on it makes me feel like im right in LA like I grew up there all my life

At the end of my first listen now. This album is very very solid... I usually don't a agree with a bunch of features but it definitely worked on this album. Game did a good job... Going in rotation...

Checked a few songs on disc 2...WOW!!!!! game knocked this out the park

This will def be I'm the aoty convo. Everything is on point, flow, lyricism, beats, album goes thru like a movie...that's a lost art in itself these days

Disc 2 is flames. Like everyone said. Straight west coast. Quick, battlecat, fred wreck. Not to mention dj easy ****! Travis Barker killed that beat too. Also very west coast

Only gripe I have is I wanted some classic Westcoast dre, storch beats and maybe a just blaze one lol am I just being greedy

Straight up lovin' 2.5 :pimp:

'Quiks Groove' just came on, classic Quik :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Didn't find either disc that interesting tbh. I can appreciate the things people are liking in them, but I guess those things just aren't for me anymore.

just started listening to 2.5

magnus carlsen 
pimp.gif

Eh, I dont like care for DJ Quik at all (to me, he rap like he running outta beat). There are only two things I can think of that I like by him. Ones a feature and ones a beat:

Last edited:
Eh, I dont like care for DJ Quik at all (to me, he rap like he running outta beat). There are only two things I can think of that I like by him. Ones a feature and ones a beat:
Gasppppp You don't like "Tonite", "Just Like Compton", Dollaz + Sense, Youz A Ganxta, Safe + Sound or Fandango? *faints*

I feel like one of the disks from The Documentary 2 should have been The Game featuring a bunch of old school West Coast gangsta rappers. I would have loved to see MC Eiht, Kurupt/Daz, MC Ren & B Real.

I like 2.5 better

2 to me sounds sort of like Dre's Compton album. It sounds a tad over produced and doesn't sound as natural. It sounds like it tries to come off as a universal album IMO. Some of the features seem sort of out of place.

2.5 sounds more of a west coast album, which I enjoy better.

bruh the sequencing on these 2 albums is magical 

Phenomenal!! If u don't skip tracks it just flows straight thru.

If u think about it since doc adv this is by far his best cohesive project and Jesus piece was solid too. No major label, dre not ep, no 50 (keep the change ***) him n stat quo have put out 2 very solid albums in jp and this.

Back
Top Bottom