Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

Good morning my Niketalk fam. Your resident CPA/Tax Advisor here, I hope you guys are having a great tax season. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have regarding any tax/accounting situation you are unsure of, i'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. If anybody is thinking about walking into a chain such as a H&R or Jackson Hewitt, feel free to message me I can prepare your taxes at a discount (way less then them) and they will be prepared by a licensed professional not some kid who took a class for two weeks and can now prepare taxes with the computers guidance. I have a physical firm on Long Island, but I also help many out of state clients with my secure portal and e-mail, skype, or FaceTime.

I do implore you all to attempt to try your taxes yourself especially if you have just a W-2. But if you have a more complex situation such as your own business, installment sales, and real estate schedule E as an example, I would recommend contacting a tax professional like myself.

Filed this morning. Federal has been accepted. Wonder how long before approval.

My wife plugged hers in and it showed we were supposed to get 4300. Plugged mine and dropped to 918. :smh:

Going with either turbo tax or free tax usa. If I use turbo tax can I file for my parents and myself by just paying the one time fee for turbotax? Never used it before which is why I'm asking. Also anyone ever made the switch from free tax usa to turbo or vice versa? Wondering if they'll see a difference in amount of money back since their filings are pretty simple besides the refinance they did this year. Thanks!

The discrepancies between Credit Karma and TurboTax are huge. Credit Karma is getting me back $2794 on my federal alone. TurboTax wants me to pay $40 to get it to $1300. I also qualified for a deduction TurboTax said I was ineligible for. This doesn't make any sense.

Filed the Tuesday before last, got approved this past Thursday. Took a week and a half.

$ will hit the bank on Tuesday or so. :pimp:

Filed last Monday, accepted on Wednesday. Curious to see when my return will show up.

Turbo Tax estimates 2/18. Hoping sooner.

I was doing it on TT and then mugs want to give me back 500. For both. What the.

I had like 6 thousand taken out last year.

Hope everybody that used FreeTaxUSA also used the discount code to knock off like 10%
Anyway, my tax return should be hitting my account this Wednesday.

I'm getting 6,808 on my taxes from federal and state, but i'm debating if I should just blow it on this credit card bill. I owe close to 7k that is hurting me financially, but it's other things I want to use it on as well. I want to buy a engagement ring, but i'm going to figure this out one way or the other. Looks like I will use it on the credit card debt. It will help me in the future and my credit

So what can I claim at work to get it so that I get more money each paycheck, but not owe during tax season next year?

I'm getting 6,808 on my taxes from federal and state, but i'm debating if I should just blow it on this credit card bill. I owe close to 7k that is hurting me financially, but it's other things I want to use it on as well. I want to buy a engagement ring, but i'm going to figure this out one way or the other. Looks like I will use it on the credit card debt. It will help me in the future and my credit

7K?! use that tax return and kill that debt man...

Pay Half on CC's and use the rest for the Ring... Most places don't want the whole amount upfront and you can make payments... My wife's ring was around 7500 and i only put down 1500 to start. Paid it off in 2 years... 300 a month payments. Set up a Payment plan for your CC"s and pay those off in a year or two as well...

Pay off the CC, you must be paying a grip on Interest.

For the Engagement ring, try to get a new Credit Card that has 0% Financing, some offer 18 months. If you can't pay it off within that time frame, just get another card and pay the 3-5% balance fee for another 12-18 months.

citi.JPG

I bought an engagement ring last year, and I paid with my Chase Reserve so I could hit the 4k Spending minimum. Got 100K miles, plus all the other Benefits.

This is 2018, educate yourself and start making Money Moves!

Is TurboTax acting up for any of you every time I try to log in it asks me for a new password and then when I enter a new password it stops working every time I try to log in.

Pay off the CC, you must be paying a grip on Interest.

For the Engagement ring, try to get a new Credit Card that has 0% Financing, some offer 18 months. If you can't pay it off within that time frame, just get another card and pay the 3-5% balance fee for another 12-18 months.

citi.JPG

I bought an engagement ring last year, and I paid with my Chase Reserve so I could hit the 4k Spending minimum. Got 100K miles, plus all the other Benefits.

This is 2018, educate yourself and start making Money Moves!

All of this is.

I was just going to say use the full return to pay off the cc. I dont want to say the engagement can wait...but think of urself first and how this WILL help u in the long run. Im sure shorty will understand.

Theres a time and place for everything.

95EC1F7F-4D20-49C2-A011-8E8172248CE7.jpeg
Wow the IRS is on they game this year. My return jus hit my account. They jus accepted it last Monday...

I would just pay half of it off right now and then continue making bigger payments on it each pay period/month. Using the entire $7,000 to entirely pay off your credit card is not smart unless you’re making bank....which I assume you aren’t if you’re this far behind on those payments.

I just got a Paypal 1099 for selling s**t on ebay. :sick::sick:

Never happened to me before.

The discrepancies between Credit Karma and TurboTax are huge. Credit Karma is getting me back $2794 on my federal alone. TurboTax wants me to pay $40 to get it to $1300. I also qualified for a deduction TurboTax said I was ineligible for. This doesn't make any sense.

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom