***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I have to either think of a tattoo that would take 10 hours to draw or take the L for the difference between how long it took and the 10 hours.

Also best aritst depends on which style I am going for. Moni Marino, Csaba Mullner, Silvano Fiato, and Nikko Hurtado have all done some of my favorite works as well as Norberg. Not showing a bunch of pics but a couple of standout pieces tho.

Norberg is still my favorite when it comes to black and white tattoos. But his style will not work on me. Nikko Hurtado's and maybe Mullner's out of the one's listed are the only two who could work

Last edited:
He actually gave me a chance to book with him at a NYC tattoo convention but he told me he wasnt sure how to handle dark skin. I had to pass. But it was $400 an hour min 10 hours. If i was light skinned i would do it fo sho.
Also I think this sleeve is better
NikiNorberg031.jpg
Do not know how I forgot this. You're right, this one's better

glad this thread is back. Some of this work is insane

But so basically you pay that dude $4k for a tattoo :lol: at 10 hour min. But hey if you got it like that....that does not seem like something i would ever regret

Do it once, do it right. 

Even with the tattoos I posted ^^^^, you can obviously see quality differences. The better ones are obviously by better artists. 

I wouldn't think twice about dropping 4k+ on a tattoo, funds permitting. 

Norberg is still my favorite when it comes to black and white tattoos. But his style will not work on me. Nikko Hurtado's and maybe Mullner's out of the one's listed are the only two who could work
No love for Gogue? Andrey Grimmy? Remis? :tongue:

No love for Gogue? Andrey Grimmy? Remis? :tongue:
They're all unreal, but something about Norber's sleeves really stand out. Some artists are better than him at different aspects though.

What does NT think about trash polka style? I really liek the ones that are done well, but would not know how to put an idea together in that style

They're all unreal, but something about Norber's sleeves really stand out. Some artists are better than him at different aspects though.

What does NT think about trash polka style? I really liek the ones that are done well, but would not know how to put an idea together in that style
I agree. Theres just something about his compositions that work so well. 

I wouldnt go to him for color work though. 

Hottest up and comer in that area HAS to be Dmitry Vision out of PA. That guy is an absolute beast. 

As far as trash polka. If I were ever to get something like that, Id book a session with Florian Karg and just let him do his thing. 

What y'all think about getting a tattoo on the bottom of my foot? I'm trying to get "Made in Mexico" or "Hecho en Mexico". Good/bad idea? Will it fade away after time from walking?

What y'all think about getting a tattoo on the bottom of my foot? I'm trying to get "Made in Mexico" or "Hecho en Mexico". Good/bad idea? Will it fade away after time from walking?
It will fade quickly indeed. And hurt like a mofo. 

It will fade quickly indeed. And hurt like a mofo. 
Agreed with this.

I agree. Theres just something about his compositions that work so well. 

I wouldnt go to him for color work though. 

Hottest up and comer in that area HAS to be Dmitry Vision out of PA. That guy is an absolute beast. 

As far as trash polka. If I were ever to get something like that, Id book a session with Florian Karg and just let him do his thing. 
Just checked out Florian's FB. Good lord, I wish I had an infinite amount of canvas.

Really dig Tomasz Torfinski's unique work too

glad this thread is back. Some of this work is insane

But so basically you pay that dude $4k for a tattoo :lol: at 10 hour min. But hey if you got it like that....that does not seem like something i would ever regret
I don't think that would be a requirement at his studio. But since he was in NYC he would charge that

Do it once, do it right. 
Even with the tattoos I posted ^^^^, you can obviously see quality differences. The better ones are obviously by better artists. 
I wouldn't think twice about dropping 4k+ on a tattoo, funds permitting. 
Same. I wonder what would happen when it is time for a touch up. I imagine you would need a ridicously talented artist just for that!

Yeah, I mean I can rattle off a whole list but Gogue is argueably the best tattoo artist on this planet right now. 
Grimmy is amazing for colorwork.
etc etc
After checking them out I think Gogue is easily the best there is.

With Gogue and Grimmey I found a couple pieces where I have been wondering who did them :nerd:

I don't care for skull tattoos but that one is :wow:

Gogue is cool. Dont like his style though. Theres a ton of European artists who are just plain amazing.

niki23gtr is dope as hell. I think I might have shown some of his work here before but in any case:

I still think Nikko Hurtado reigns king, his style is so diverse. Japanese artists have it on lock as well. Just goes to show how diverse the tattoo world is. You think one person is amazing, then you hear of a guy doing amazing work in his specialty and it blows away everyone else. Then you hear of another guy....

Last edited:
^^^Kind of surprised you don't like Gogue. I actually think he's one of the best but I guess I just like his work. I even saw him do this tiger at the SF tattoo convention and it rivaled Shige's work as far as what was done that weekend. He even has a daughter that can draw really well too.

Nikko is Nikko. He deserves all the fame he gets and some. Dude even seems humble from all of it which adds to his likeness.

Niki23gtr is Niki Nrberg and those pics are literally posted a few post above yours.

Gogue = best for photorealism
Norberg = best for stylistic art

Very few tattoos i care to have photorealism for so i would go with niki. But Gogue is more than just "cool".

Looking to get my second peice this year. My idea so far is a clock with the earth as the face, symbolizing our time on this earth. I also want something symbolizing balance in life but thats all ive gotten so far 
ohwell.gif

Looking to get my second peice this year. My idea so far is a clock with the earth as the face, symbolizing our time on this earth. I also want something symbolizing balance in life but thats all ive gotten so far 
ohwell.gif
You could get a father time tattoo.

This is actually one of my tattoo ideas. 
laugh.gif
 But hey feel free.

I know everyone saw Wale's tattoo of Biggie and 2Pac. Pretty amazing and all on one color.

For some reason as much as my tattoos are whatever, I can never see myself getting a realistic tattoo. I think those are tattoos that impress the non tattoo fanatics but for me, they just seem odd to have on your body. Maybe cause I like my tattoos sort of flat rather than it having it 3D. But I guess things change cause I told myself I would never get script on my body and now I am contemplating it.

I know everyone saw Wale's tattoo of Biggie and 2Pac. Pretty amazing and all on one color.

For some reason as much as my tattoos are whatever, I can never see myself getting a realistic tattoo. I think those are tattoos that impress the non tattoo fanatics but for me, they just seem odd to have on your body. Maybe cause I like my tattoos sort of flat rather than it having it 3D. But I guess things change cause I told myself I would never get script on my body and now I am contemplating it.
Script is nice bro. Have you seen the Robert Frost poem on my tricep? I'll post a pic later but good ol script is awesome. Love my Veritas collarbone tattoo as well.

Back
Top Bottom