***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

1AF0F43E-99CB-40C2-A107-5453A288F311.jpeg

I might go this route for my 40th which is in about 3 years, I guess having the photography gig growing and the fact that I been at my job for 15 years and don’t really see me shaking up my life at this point or job searching any time soon has emboldened me more, even if I did have to look for a job, the medical field has become more forgiving towards this and in my line of work, you are hired before you even interview because most of the time is who you know that matters over how you look or how knowledgeable you are...I def see myself at 50 with full sleeves, neck tatt and filling my legs :lol:
What exactly you do in the medical field?

Anyone have experience getting their trap/shoulder area done? I’m planning on getting my daughters bday in Roman numerals on it.
A1E0C553-A065-461B-886E-A0B703002F87.jpeg

Lightwork, wont hurt too much at all. Sensitive spots are closer to the neck and closer to the shoulder bone, anything inbetween is light.

^^^^^^You're right. Back is a total pain in the butt and I hardly got touched compared to some folks.

Mind the doughy *** body. Been getting lazy and I still love beer. 3.5 your session with Mayo. It trails to my back about the same length as the front. Love it and Mayo is just a super cool guy. Highly recommend him if you love his work.

b4hnq1.jpg

Anybody have fine line tattoos? Been in touch with some artists at Bang Bang. Wondered if anyone has any experience with them

In b4 it's a waste of money :lol:

ive got a few, i like em. definitely really talented artists in NYC for half price of artists at bang bang

^^^^^^I literally just found out who Bang Banf was yesterday. Not really hip to celebrity tattoo artists but the guy has done a lot of notable stuff with people.

^^^^^^I literally just found out who Bang Banf was yesterday. Not really hip to celebrity tattoo artists but the guy has done a lot of notable stuff with people.

yeah him and artists in the shop are amazing but you are paying for like 50% skill, 50% name IMO. the shop minimum is like 500 lol. plus the wait time to get a tattoo at the shop can be a bit.

nyc is full of so many talented people. i've gone to a guy name loko who is really skilled, thinking about going to a female ghinko next depending on her cost.

The single needle stuff is trendy but not my think. I am asian and I wouldn’t go as far as saying I am dark but that stuff would just look bad in the long run.

Yeah probably going to skip Bang Bang and go somewhere closer to me in Philly. After NYC taxes and tips, I'd be looking at close to $2k when its all said and done. If I go to a reputable shop/artist in Philly, it will cost me a quarter of that. And I'll have more cash leftover to get the other pieces I want done. I'd also like to build a relationship with an artist that's a little closer to me as well.

Yeah probably going to skip Bang Bang and go somewhere closer to me in Philly. After NYC taxes and tips, I'd be looking at close to $2k when its all said and done. If I go to a reputable shop/artist in Philly, it will cost me a quarter of that. And I'll have more cash leftover to get the other pieces I want done. I'd also like to build a relationship with an artist that's a little closer to me as well.

Edit. Post a reference of the fine linework your looking for. I think I know somebody that isn't famous but she is a beast. She does alot of MOB tat's so she can't post her best work.

Last edited:
I want to cover up some Aztec tattoos with some black and grey religious and statue stuff like the artist in Philippines does...he hasn’t responded if he’s coming to Los Angeles....would also like a portrait of my son within a sleeve...any recommendations?

There's some neo-trad stuff that are so dope but I don't think I can go as colorful no more. (whole back is colored)

Edit. Post a reference of the fine linework your looking for. I think I know somebody that isn't famous but she is a beast. She does alot of MOB tat's so she can't post her best work.

It's similar on this. The artist I'm in contact with at Bang Bang is actually Jay Shin :lol: I would use a different image but the concept remains. A flower design where the vines and leaves are grey/black and the flowers are in color. It's also a slight homage to my favorite band, Brand New. They usually have a lot of smoke, darkness, etc at their shows but they put flowers on their mic (as a nod to Morrissey). I always thought it was a pretty aesthetic and motif. Also, what does MOB stand for :lol:

Back
Top Bottom