***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Snapchat-1065140357.jpg

Dope ink y'all, I was looking for this thread..

5 sessions in on the back, work in progress.

IMG_2078.JPG IMG_2080.JPG

Chest pieces of my loved ones, not sure if I want to add to it
IMG_2248.JPG

I dig sleeves, but I'm in business school and don't want to do it yet. Maybe a quarter/half sleeve

Last edited:
^^^^That is my one regret if any on my sleeve. I wish I got a half sleeve. Would make life so much easier at my job. I'd be in AZ on a business trip and it's a 110 degrees and I am still in long sleeves looking crazy and telling people, I am usually on the cold side and like heat.

I am sure people are seeing this all over the place but the Rock got inked by Nikko. Sort of wild seeing such a different style on his arm as apposed to the poly tat he has on his other one.

I've recently come to the conclusion that if my first tat experience is cool, I'm going to get full sleeves and I'll just have to wear long sleeves for the rest of my career. Would be dope if tats weren't so taboo in the workplace but I'm ok with wearing sleeves.

Sleeves are more exposed and accepted nowadays in retail and restaurants around my way. 15yrs ago they would've been made to get covered up. Im in the medical field and my jobs cool with it.

Sleeves are more exposed and accepted nowadays in retail and restaurants around my way. 15yrs ago they would've been made to get covered up. Im in the medical field and my jobs cool with it.

Once you get the job, it would be super hard for someone to fire you. At most, someone would just tell you to dress accordingly and that is not a problem since a lot of places have dress codes. It's really before where it can be a problem like during the interview process. A lot place won't hire you even based on that. But yes, the restaurant field as well as even barbers and other blue collard type jobs are really okay with people having tattoos. Corporate is where it is different but even in corporate, you'll find a lot with tattoos.

I guarantee Nikko passes up on doing this tattoo for literally anyone else. As great as he is this seems like it's out of his lane.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity though so i get it....

By his standards it doesn't look great imo. With the placement and cover up this must have been a pain in the ****. The horns and the shading look a little off. Him being so brolic couldn't have helped either.

I remember cuttin' my dreads before I moved out here for my job interview. During training was told I can grow my hair out for dreads again.

Wouldn't risk it any other way tho. Wouldn't chance it

Yea I work in a corporate setting so I'm not taking any chances until I'm where I want to be

Once you get the job, it would be super hard for someone to fire you. At most, someone would just tell you to dress accordingly and that is not a problem since a lot of places have dress codes. It's really before where it can be a problem like during the interview process. A lot place won't hire you even based on that. But yes, the restaurant field as well as even barbers and other blue collard type jobs are really okay with people having tattoos. Corporate is where it is different but even in corporate, you'll find a lot with tattoos.
I agree 100%. I still wouldn't get my hands/neck tatted because it does look tacky imo, professional or not.

Agree. I actually work in education for my primary source of income (not much longer Lord willing lol) so tattoos are really taboo in my field. I'll have to long sleeve it up but since we are in Texas, I don't mind because that sun and heat will burn you up. I just rock light dry-fit type shirts or light henleys for the most part. But I also own a gym so my entrepreneurial spirit be having me not giving a **** some days :lol: .

It's 2017. People really still don't allow tattoos? Some would argue that's discrimination :lol:

It's 2017. People really still don't allow tattoos? Some would argue that's discrimination :lol:

They recently voted that an employer could not hire you if you have dreadlocks, I'd be surprised if somebody won a case for tats

I'm baffled that facial hair is still frowned upon in certain fields.

Some of these ethics are essentially passed down within companies. I think as far as say the tech field, they are sort of rewriting that whole "look" thing as long as you have the qualifications for a job. In say business or even my field of insurance, people still look down on things like tattoos and even facial hair to a degree. My clients can be old fashion and brought in a different world which mostly consists of people that come from a good background and live in better areas of this world where no one has tattoos or what not. I am sure as time progresses and when we are well past dead, all this will be more of a norm.

Yeah, I always get a comment or two about buying a razor or forgetting to shave. lol. (legal field)

It's so damn stupid. My friend is a manager at a car dealership and told me the owner had a new policy of employees had to have neat hair and no facial hair. We're adults and should be able to have facial hair if we want. Some look weird without some scruff. I know it's smart for me to shave for interviews but I really don't want to.

A hundred years ago facial hair was very in style and you had people rocking all sorts of weird mustaches, mutton chops. presidents would even rock stuff.

^^^^Yeah. The fact of the matter is, business can hire whomever they want for whatever reason. If they won't hire you because of tattoos, they won't and just say something else like "Your are not qualified for the position". In the corporate work I am in, all the typical stereotypes of white colored business apply here. Woman have it harder than men, minorities have it harder than whites, people can get hired cause they are cute, short people do have short man's complex, etc. It's a terrible world we live in but it's an odd game you have to play to move up the ladder. Tattoos can be a small thing that could prevent you from getting jobs. Same with facial hair and even coloring your hair. No woman or man for that matter would come into a job interview with say bright blue hair.

Back
Top Bottom