OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Crypto is the only reason I'm up nearly 100% YTD
I fight daily urges to just sell everything and buy more
Especially with Cathie burning up all my ****ing money :lol:
i think this might be the case for most who are involved in both Stocks and Crypto. Hardly look at my stock portfolio these days. I only sign in to see where I can average down and to check the current state of my portfolio at that time.

Crazy to say crypto has been more stable than stocks these couple months lmaooo
I’m glad my bank transfer takes a day looks like I may be able to get in cheaper tomorrow in ROKU and aapl

Keep going back and forth on selling off my SQ while I’m still in the green. I was going to reallocate to dividend paying stocks and add more crypto. I feel like focusing my attention to crypto for growth while my stock portfolio will be 90% dividend paying blue chips, ETFs, and REITs. I’d take profits from crypto along the way to add to my dividend paying stocks.

My goal is to earn at least $500 a month in passive income from dividends within the next 5 years. That’ll take anywhere between 100-200k invested. Ultimate goal is 6k per month (1 mil invested at least). Lofty goal but its a marathon, not a sprint. If I can retire before 50 then that’s a win.
I sold my square to basically buy more bitcoin. If you want that kind of yield, locking up your money in dai on Gemini earn for 7.4% is your friend
Shocking.

The tide has turned, huh? Lol.
honestly I sold a ton of bitcoin in feb/March to buy stocks and have regretted it. SE is a great company growing rapidly, but it’s a $100b mc, it needs to hit a trillion for me to see the returns I want out of it. Will that happen, probably. But I rather build back the bitcoin I sold.
I thought SE was a long hold?
It’s a great company and I normally wouldn’t do this but I rather build the bitcoin position back up and se doesn’t fit the thematics I’m eying for the future. It’s a great company and in normal conditions I’d stay put. I might grow to regret this move. We’ll see.

also sold pd and will be using that money for dips in eth if they ever come (missed the shakeout to 3600)

@ everyone in the draft. Thanks to some help brainstorming, JRS suggested we use the closing price of the draft picks on the day they're drafted, as the baseline price. So if the draft bleeds into Wednesday then we'll use Wednesday's closing price of the stock's drafted.

Seems like the sentiment is shifting to btc in here. What does that mean?
Means short term top is coming for crypto and tech is starting to capitulate. The only worry is the indices coming in and rolling over. That will probably cause one more hard flush in tech and then tech starts build a base while the market enters price discovery.

Wish I stuck to the month break I told myself I was gonna take. Or just had more patience before buying the dip. Went 90% cash at end of April. Couldn’t help myself and got in some of these beat down names I’ve been paying attention to. Used 33% cash Friday and 33% yesterday to average down from Friday. Now down $8k since start of May after being up $17k end of April SMH.

I’m cool though. Like the price I’m in at on some of these names and ok holding until a rebound. When I’m nervous about a move and everyone else is doing the opposite (selling stocks, getting in crypto) and generally freaking out about the market, that’s usually when the move pays off.

People saying stocks are dead etc is wild to me. Everyone just wants quick gains and lacks patience right now it seems. I see a lot of chasing.

Careful selling your stocks at a loss to chase the highs in crypto.

Consider it an opportunity to get better value out of something. People’s palms sweating off a 3% pull back? What are you going to do when we get a 10-15% correction over 2 months?

added at the lows in unity and pins for my daughter's custodial. out of cash in my account since im building a cash pile for eth.

Bought some more right at open before things started recovering a bit. Scary times but I can’t help but feel I’m in a great position right now.

Ya gotta be numb and indifferent to this at this point. If you still care, you’re invested more than you can tolerate and you don’t own what excites you. I wish I had more money but so be it. I rebalanced to get some eth exposure since I had none and I sold any stock I didn’t absolutely love. Today was a day to buy premarket

SPY makes it look like we have had a bullish quarter in reality we haven’t at all
Ehh I feel you but we have had a bullish quarter. It's why it exists as an index. The S&P is up 4.3% on the quarter, the ACWI is up 5%. That's bullish quarter regardless how the individual is doing.

Also, I'm thinking of instituting draft timers. We've got a lot of picks to get through and this cant drag out forever :lol: I'll do a simple yay/nay vote and leave it to the people. 1 hr window, if no pick in that hour, autodraft selects the larget market cap left in the SP500 for you.

You can leave a shortlist of picks with me or someone else if you wish. I/we wont steal your picks, probably.

Commence the vote.

Back
Top Bottom