OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

20-40 dudes from reddit have that much capital? Idk man, all I know is that my portfolio has been trash this week. Read that bonds are the reason for the stock market going down a bit. Either way, I'm left bagholding for a while since I refuse to sell the stuff I have at a loss. And I refuse to transfer more money into my account to buy the dip. Tired of seeing blood red each day I open it up

It's the pettiness of billionaires that makes me believe yes. In order to screw over the wsb boys, the big bosses manipulate the entire market to cover the losses and stick it to all the little guys.

I think the shorts may have caused some hedge funds to sell off other assets to cover, but I'm not sure you can pin the entire "drop" today on 20-40 redditors buying GME. The SP500 alone was down 2.45% today, which is equal to about $600 billion in losses (based on the total combined value of the SP500 being around 31 trillion USD).

They were so salty about losing $1-2 billion on these GME shorts, that they caused the entire market to lose nearly a trillion today?

Maybe they are that salty?

Even though I said it multiple times in this thread, I underestimated the impact that small increases in rates would have on portfolio manager's npv calcs for all these companies. They are dropping full year valuations with every tick of the rate.

We could see SP500 below 2k in a couple of weeks.

Volume seemed really low across the indexes. Just noticed. 1.234B today vs 6.447B average on NASDAQ :nerd:

Even though I said it multiple times in this thread, I underestimated the impact that small increases in rates would have on portfolio manager's npv calcs for all these companies. They are dropping full year valuations with every tick of the rate.

We could see SP500 below 2k in a couple of weeks.
I have never seen this many 12 month price target revisions. JUST Monday I saw firms revising their 2021 equity outlook, now its Thursday and people are cutting price targets and the interest rate outlook is "A moving target" It all feels crazy.

I am very shocked by how much the short term has become a driver of things. Whatever happened to "Stay the course"?

Started with 20-40 dudes then spread to hundreds and thousands on reddit.....or your theory that what it was just due time that GME rebounded to the level they should naturally be at? This time this kitty dude and roaring dude did this behind the scenes rather than .....they got in yesterday afternoon and out after hours or this morning...the majority while having their minions continue to pump.......no? So yesterday afternoon NO PUMP it just by shot up because what? AI? Hedge funds? Millionaires and NOT reddit crews of thousands...that’s your theory? Got it your theory differs from mine.

You know some of these guys got many millions from GME first time around right?

And let me be more clear to you since you didn’t understand me even though you quoted me.....it STARTED with 20-40 and they spread it out to their many many thousands on reddit like a virus......I’m going to guess most of those many millions shares brought and sold were retail traders.....wasn’t from the hello kitty messge board

I ‘m gonna guess kitty dude and roaring dude with many of their friends got in early before the fire spread on the reddit board and got out early...not fully but mostly........or maybe your theory? That Spider-Man for ps5 sold out?
Im not sure you understand the situation. Kitty dude and roaring dude, are same dude. Roaring kitty.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm

Started it today. Jack taking me to the moon someday.

316F289E-5596-4B49-ADFF-16A2FB4DF8EA.png

Love SQ

sold the extra HAAC add from earlier and bought more TDOC. TDOC is on the 150 day and I want to make it a habit to buy dips to the 21, 70,150 day so I feel obligated to buy.

Deciding whether I should close out RIOT to have some more cash on hand. Already locked in profits and held on to 25 shares worth 2k at the time. Now its down to 1k in a couple days.

Still very new to this but grateful for this experience while I don’t have much invested. Need to stop chasing and establish a process and desired portfolio mix.

Don’t see any moves I can make now to mitigate this, rightful so, I’ve burned too much $ overall

Has to be a waiting game like it should be but it’s tough lol

My do nothing 401k is up 10% this year. igotthatstock igotthatstock I hope the sp500 stays its course. Im 33% into that at the moment. Any big dip and I may need to transfer funds to a different fund , while continuing to buy the dip.

Deciding whether I should close out RIOT to have some more cash on hand. Already locked in profits and held on to 25 shares worth 2k at the time. Now its down to 1k in a couple days.

Still very new to this but grateful for this experience while I don’t have much invested. Need to stop chasing and establish a process and desired portfolio mix.
Do what works for you but the break below 45 after hours is not going to be friendly especially if bitcoin washes out. Pro tip to the short side would be watching any strength into 45 that gets stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom