OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

2020 has taken all the history books and thrown them in the garbage. We went from raging bull market to sharpest bear market ever and now suddenly back to rampaging bull market with nasdaq soaring to new highs... now is this the start of another 10+ year bull market or the shortest one ever ? I don’t know but the greed is definitely back.

Closed my PLT call. $15 strike price, 6/19 expiration for a 75% gain. This time last week it was a 50% loss. This market wild af.

I took out of my 401k last week and have missed out on like 10% gains in a week :smh:. I’m out until I see a correction though. Since when is 13% unemployment good news again?

Just
No sports entertainment and a stimulus check brought me to Wall Street. I took the whole check and put it on AAL then sold and put it all on NKLA. I’m on the verge of the triple. I know it’s not going to last but I feel like I am watching the NBA Finals now lol. When I lose all my money
View attachment 2587170
just copped some NKLA, AAL thanks

I took out of my 401k last week and have missed out on like 10% gains in a week :smh:. I’m out until I see a correction though. Since when is 13% unemployment good news again?

Just curious, if you didn’t plan on retiring or didn’t need the money why did you take out?

Sold all my disney, uber, lyft and Pinterest shares. and dumped most of it in draft kings. Looking for something else to purchase.

Jesus this thread is going to turn into a dump

AAL isn't worth the paper it's printed on
NKLA has no sales and phantom orders

You can make money in these vehicles but if you don't know what you're doing, you're going to lose it all.

Please for the sake of your own money learn how to trade stocks before thinking it's easy. You're all going to blow up and lose everything by the end of this if you don't learn how to do this.

Sold all my disney, uber, lyft and Pinterest shares. and dumped most of it in draft kings. Looking for something else to purchase.
this was a good portfolio. hope it works out. I wouldn't have sold Disney at all.

You can make money in these vehicles but if you don't know what you're doing, you're going to lose it all.

Please for the sake of your own money learn how to trade stocks before thinking it's easy. You're all going to blow up and lose everything by the end of this if you don't learn how to do this.

this was a good portfolio. hope it works out. I wouldn't have sold Disney at all.
Should I get rid of my AAL and NKLA stocks I purchased earlier today?

Honestly, you asking me that is a mistake. You need to be operating based on your own intuition and knowledge. Never take advice from people on the internet. Someone mentions a stock, the smart thing to do is do your research and come to your own conclusions. If you have profits, sell a little and raise your stop to protect your downside risk.

Please learn before you trade.

Honestly, you asking me that is a mistake. You need to be operating based on your own intuition and knowledge. Never take advice from people on the internet. Someone mentions a stock, the smart thing to do is do your research and come to your own conclusions. If you have profits, sell a little and raise your stop to protect your downside risk.

Please learn before you trade.
Got it thanks. I did a lil research and felt it was a good gamble. I’m new to this but the money I have invested is money I can afford to lose. I’m going to research and learn more.

I personally bought AAL when it was low around $8 and sold it when it was around $21. I bought NKLA when it was low and going to sell after all the hype is over. I think it’s great advice in this thread and my last post was intended to be funny. In no means was I trying to persuade you to buy those stocks. I recommend going back a couple of pages and looking at some of the sources that Johnnyredstorm posted.

I'm going to buy back into Disney, but I've been holding on to them since last year this time. Boeing is doing well for me and I need Baidu to go up a few more dollars before I offload them for positions in a few other places.

Exactly. AAL was barely surviving before this, then you can look at numbers like this:

And see that there are on a good day 16% of the total passengers going through airports than there were last year and its pretty easy to see they are ****** unless they keep getting bailed out. Even if they do keep getting bailed out, their are going to have so much debt they will likely never be profitable.

$CHGG orders being loaded up. I’m a university student, and with majority of classes online, every single person I know is gonna have, or have access to a chegg account. Man this stock is gonna be hot come early August

Seeing a lot of new people in here, a lot of new people talking about stocks in general. That's wonderful, but understand what's going on, this is a stage of euphoria that could either continue building for a longer time, or ending very badly. If you have no clue what you're doing and you're making easy gains bro, just realize you're lucky. Stay humble, stay within your bounds and don't think you're good at this yet. You know nothing, you're just lucky. Take a step back and learn as much as possible and don't get greedy and foolish. Stay humble before the market humbles you.

Big facts. Jerome Powell is the boomer savior and Trumps boy, remember that Powell is a lawyer and you can tell right off the jump when the dude speaks. Perfectly finesses everyone into thinking this won't **** us HARD in the future. I'm 100% long term bearish but not going to fight the fed and just ride the wave w/ small portfolio exposure into calls.

Retail traders are making way too much easy money right now, there's still some room to run in certain sectors but when this thing falls, it's going to fall hard. Powell is a die hard republican and Trumps boy though, if this wasn't an election year I don't think we get this massive run up. Trump is already saying **** like "if you don't want to lose your 401K you better re-elect me". I just think there's too much politics to fall right now.

$CHGG orders being loaded up. I’m a university student, and with majority of classes online, every single person I know is gonna have, or have access to a chegg account. Man this stock is gonna be hot come early August
good fundamentals in that one. I tweeted some levels over the weekend about how to play it. Haven't looked at the chart today (can't own everything on a teacher's salary)

You wanna be long on this one as long as it holds 58.55 for a move to 61.46, 65.28+. But I don't want to be long beneath that 58.55 level. Too much downside risk for a gap fill back to 44.

what is going on with CHK
Robinhooders buying it up. Another turd to get pump and dumped on.

If you guys want to ride the momentum of meme stocks, I suggest learning options and buying calls that way you can limit exposure. You can get even bigger pops while limiting your downside when these things dump (inevitably)

Returning to the market after over a year off and I have no idea how anyone could be so quick to jump into this market. I had maybe two years in the game at the time I cashed out (took my profits to pay for new expenses) so by no means am I an expert or even savvy in this.

Seems like the market is looking past COIVD-19 and the fallout still to come. Like, 12-18 months down the line. Just seems weird to me. Is a second wave, which most experts agree is a matter of when and not if, priced in or is everyone just happy go lucky at this point?

I wish I had the means to jump in back in March but unfortunately just haven’t until recently. I’d love to find a move, but I’m still trying to figure out what the hell is actually going on right now.

Back
Top Bottom