OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Honestly I might close a long term position in ALK to get some shares in Disney if they go under 100. Take the tax credit due to this wild losing position, buy into a company that's going to pop when the Hamilton movie releases, and ride that **** to the moon over the next few years. I'm believing in Disney+ more and more. IMO the potential is there for streaming to be to Disney, what services are to Apple.
Same feeling. Plus and Hulu will be their main revenue generator in five years. Parks will be just free cash. If they get 100 million subscribers which o think is realistic considering that they have 50 already and Hulu is superior to Netflix, I see a $300 stock.

Nice to see a couple good red days in a row. Need to finish the week with a strong push towards 2,700.

Got some more positions in uber with rumblings of the Grubhub acquisition appearing. Total is now 30 shares.

Same feeling. Plus and Hulu will be their main revenue generator in five years. Parks will be just free cash. If they get 100 million subscribers which o think is realistic considering that they have 50 already and Hulu is superior to Netflix, I see a $300 stock.

Currently have 20 shares. Hoping the price drops to about 95 a share so I can double my positions.

From Fed chair today: Jerome (BRRRR) Powell
"among people working in February, almost 40% households making <40,000/year lost a job in March."
"...Fed takes action such as these only in extraordinary circumstances, like those we face today. For example, our authority to extend credit directly to private non-financial business and state and local governments exists only in unusual and exigent circumstances and with the consent of secretary of treasury, when this crisis is behind us, we will put these tools away"
"The loss of thousands of small and medium size businesses across the country will destroy the life's work and family legacy of many businesses and community leaders and limit the strength of the recovery when it comes."
"At the fed, we will continue to use our tools to their fullest, until the crisis has passed and economic recovery is underway"
"additional fiscal support could be costly, but worth it. If it helps avoid long term damage and a stronger recovery. This trade off is for our elected representatives who wield powers of taxation and spending". (straight call out for relief/stimulus checks)
"We also know that waves of bankruptcies can weigh on economic activities for year, think about that, small and medium sized businesses that are really the heart of our economy and job creation, those are typically often the product of generations worth of work to create and if they avoidably become insolvent just because economic activity doesn't recover fast enough, I think we would lose something more than just that business, we lose something fundamental that won't be able to be replaced, quickly"

When questioned about negative rates, QE: "The committees view on negative rates really has not changed. This is not something we're looking at...(goes on about how they responded to financial crisis and using other tools instead). Couple reasons behind it, we do feel our tools work, foreign guidance and asset purchases work. We are now doing 13-3 facilities, and we think they work too. We have evidence that they work... The evidence for negative rates has been very mixed... It's an unsettled area I would call it, but for now it is not something we are considering"

Hope ya'll are careful going forward

So the estimate for unemployment claims tomorrow is 2.5 million. We are seeing analysts state the obvious, that a V recovery is unlikely, yet the market still is not far from all time highs. This is still crazy.

I refuse to listen to a single thing that idiot has to say. Barstool sucks.

so going by those trends posted above, safe to say we’ll see a 62% drop from here?

I wish him all the best and many more healthy years, but if Buffet dies, what’s the impact on Berkshire? Man is almost 90 yrs old after all.

Feels like there would be a panic sale as people reallocate their assets to other funds.

I'm hear to buy the dip to honor warren's legacy

Is there anyway the $500 M investment in Rivian ($TSLA & $NKLA competitor) can resurrect $F?

Is there anyway the $500 M investment in Rivian ($TSLA & $NKLA competitor) can resurrect $F?
That credit wing has to be killing ford so if they can ever restructure that debt which idk if they can, it’ll help turn the tide for them. End of the day though there are so many better stocks out there to own why buy something with no growth potential, right margins and lots of headwinds.

US initial jobless claims: +2.98m

US JOBLESS CLAIMS -195K TO 2.981M IN MAY-9 WK; SURVEY 2.7M
US MAY-2 WEEK CONTINUING CLAIMS +456K TO 22,833,000

Long $TZA @ 33

I think this can hit 50+ easily

Here we go. 40’s printing.

People starting to realize there’s no magical “open the economy” button that trump can press and bring back all these jobs.

Buffet selling more stock. Every day more legends like drunkenmiller coming out sounding incredibly bearish.

Even J-Pow the Brrr man himself sounding bearish.

Back
Top Bottom