OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Pissed that i sold all of my SQ awhile ago. Will look for a pull back.

Looking at GE around $13-14 price entry.
Abbvie :pimp:. No postion but damn..

Sold my arista awhile ago too.. Kind of pissed off. Lol

Last edited:
Made some good gains earlier in the morning off of Amazon, Netflix and Alibaba. Sold all my positions in Netflix and Amazon and bought more shares in Alibaba . I'm Contemplating purchasing some shares in Facebook in anticipation for their profits announcement this week.

Made some good gains earlier in the morning off of Amazon, Netflix and Alibaba. Sold all my positions in Netflix and Amazon and bought more shares in Alibaba . I'm Contemplating purchasing some shares in Facebook in anticipation for their profits announcement this week.
FB is supposed to have increased Ad revenue.

Wondering why you are such a believer in Alibaba. I have Amazon and Alibaba, but wondering if I should pull the same move.

Unbelievable what happened with XIV, some insane manipulation. Took a 30K L on that alone, RIP.

On a positive note, looks like the worst of the market sell off is over for now.

9FF856C9-4B75-4CEB-82E0-07A070681BCA.png
Nice way to end the day

Wondering why you are such a believer in Alibaba. I have Amazon and Alibaba, but wondering if I should pull the same move.
They are in a large market and they have shown competence in terms of growth and making the right moves. They are a long term hold imo.

I also made some money off of snap today.

:nerd:

Looks like we're down about 9.7% from the S&P all time high. I'm gonna snap up some more IVV shares if we tank another 5%ish.

What y'all doing?

swing trading Urban One, Turtle Beach & Indian Globalization Capital on the regular so i can go in on Ford.
Also keeping my eye on Gamestop.

We needed a correction but this has been too sharp/dramatic, way too much fear now, I expect a strong bounce soon. Maybe off SPY 200 day.

Let's see how next week shapes up.

I consider myself a swing trader
And I wanted to know would it be wise to reinvest my capital gains

I haven’t done so because I think it will make it difficult to add up all my capital gains versus what money I deposited into my portfolio at the end of the year when I make that withdraw to pay the taxes

I use the Robinhood app if this helps

Thanks

Unbelievable what happened with XIV, some insane manipulation. Took a 30K L on that alone, RIP.

On a positive note, looks like the worst of the market sell off is over for now.

Its on my watchlist for awhile now.. Why the sudden drop?
Also what exactly is velocity shares? Havent done research......
Do you see a rebound in the near future back to its highs?

I consider myself a swing trader
And I wanted to know would it be wise to reinvest my capital gains

I haven’t done so because I think it will make it difficult to add up all my capital gains versus what money I deposited into my portfolio at the end of the year when I make that withdraw to pay the taxes

I use the Robinhood app if this helps

Thanks

Yes to reinvesting your capital gains. Robinhood will send you a 1099 at the end of the year and tell you what your gains/losses (hoping that its all gains!).
Don't let money sit in the account.

Yes to reinvesting your capital gains. Robinhood will send you a 1099 at the end of the year and tell you what your gains/losses (hoping that its all gains!).
Don't let money sit in the account.

Yeah I already put that in affect I’m just going to swing trade and then shave at the end of the year so I can pay the taxes on them because if it’s one thing life should have taught us is that we can’t **** around with the IRS I’m holding on bringing in a good amount of capital gain so I can tell the folks around me that there is potential in this

Yeah I already put that in affect I’m just going to swing trade and then shave at the end of the year so I can pay the taxes on them because if it’s one thing life should have taught us is that we can’t **** around with the IRS I’m holding on bringing in a good amount of capital gain so I can tell the folks around me that there is potential in this

I normally withhold a bit more from my employer so that I rarely owe taxes in April. Keep in mind that short term capital gains taxed at your normal tax rate. Easy solution is to invest more into your retirement so it offsets. hope that helps

Its on my watchlist for awhile now.. Why the sudden drop?
Also what exactly is velocity shares? Havent done research......
Do you see a rebound in the near future back to its highs?

XIV tracked VIX contract prices inversely and right after market closed last Monday at 4:15 PM there was a sudden spike in the VIX and the price went up extremely high extremely fast so the entire fund got liquidated (>90% drop). It all happened so quickly and after hours so there's a lot of questions as to why they (Credit Suisse, which owns it) dropped it at 4:15, a whistleblower this week said some shady manipulation was going on behind the scenes, probably someone placed a huge short on it and made a killing. Lots of class action lawsuits gonna be filed. It's a mess.

Sad because it was actually a smart buy on my part, VIX ended up dropping like a rock this week and I would have made a killing; but it's too late. XIV gonna get closed next week so no point in buying it now IMO. You can buy SVXY instead, but still very risky since it's all manipulated by the big funds. Other options are put options on the VIX directly, but too risky for me. With these products you make very good money while things are calm like in most of 2017, but you risk getting totally wiped out in 1 day like what happened to me.

edit: you can also short TVIX , VXX or UVXY, also very risky right now, but once we leave backwardation and enter contango it's like printing money. Check vixcentral for more info. I ended up buying SVXY today, very small position, but already up 10%.

Last edited:
Put options are for from risky if you’re buying them outright. All you lose is the price you pay. You have a max risk.

for those with scottrade, how do you like it now that they finished the merge with td ameritrade. still getting use to the overall look

for those with scottrade, how do you like it now that they finished the merge with td ameritrade. still getting use to the overall look

I’ve transitioned to Merrill Edge and so far it’s been great. I get 30 free trades a month (if you have over 50k throughout all Bank of America platforms)

Anyone making plays this week?

I'd like to add to my FB position but I'm going to hold off for now. I am adding to my Amazon position though. Haven't added since my initial purchase a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom