Official Spurs(4)vs Clippers(0) Series Thread. Sweep City, Sweep Sweep CIty

Greg Popovich is a boss. 
pimp.gif

Spurs are just doing their thing right now. I went to bed early so only caught the game up to the 3rd Q, Clips just had no answer in the end. Too efficient, too effective.

The Spurs are doing the exact thing I wanted us to do against Paul. Not exactly sure why we did it for a few games, then just stopped. 
laugh.gif

Spurs should be taking this in 5 games.

Originally Posted by Antidope

I had a horrible day today, nothing seemed to go my way, then 9:30 hit and the Spurs started playing. Now I'm like 
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Don't get your hopes up Clipper fans, The Spurs aren't Memphis. There is no comeback in your future

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

SPURS <3

Battle of Wake Forest's two best players out there.

It is always a pleasure watching the Spurs play basektball.  Proven fact that fundamentals and a good system still thrive.  I swear there are two different Stephen Jacksons out there.  Stephen Jackson on the Spurs is not the same guy as Stephen Jackson on any other team.  Pop can just plug in guys/role players and make them great.  He gets the most out of his entire team.  

Clippers need to use their youth to their advantage and simply run at all times and use their athleticism.   Spurs in 5/6 is still looking like the good pick. 

I swear KLJ just says things to be different. The runs don't happen because Blake is out, they happen because Bledsoe comes in and actually plays defense and pushes the tempo. Bledsoe was our 2nd highest +- VS Memphis while CP3 was one of our worst (Even lower than Blake). I love CP3 but his defense is almost as bad as Griffin's. Defense leads to fastbreaks which is what we're best at.
Kinda sucks that our two best players are also arguable our two worst defenders on the team
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I would like to see more of that lineup with Ebled in and Blake at the 5.

We suck at guarding the 3 and SA is one of the best at shooting it. We're gonna continue to get demolished.

gonna be blowouts when guys like danny green and kawhi leonard are giving you pts
sjax plays so under control in a spurs uniform.  im a huge fan of his but always cringed when he would dance with the ball and tried to beat his man 1on1
laugh.gif

only way to beat the spurs is guys getting hot and scoring for themselves.  i dont see the spurs letting cp3 get everyone involve.  he has to be the scorer in this series.

CP3 and BG have to get going. Last night's debacle gave me absolutely zero hope that will ever happen with the type of injuries they sustained in that previous series. However, I don't expect SA's shooters to be that accurate in LA and ole #$% Timmy will not avg 20/10.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Clippers need to use their youth to their advantage and simply run at all times and use their athleticism.   Spurs in 5/6 is still looking like the good pick. 

I agree that is why I think VDN should start Young or Bledsoe over Foye for the rest of the series.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I agree that is why I think VDN should start Young or Bledsoe over Foye for the rest of the series.
I agree about starting Bledsoe. I said before the series he needs to get a lot time. I'd be fine with starting him. SA doesn't exactly have huge guards, so I wouldn't worry about us having a 6' starting back court. Foye has been a total non-factors in the POs, except for a couple shots here and there, so maybe moving to the bench would put a little bit of a spark in him.

Obviously, I wasn't thrilled by what happened last night, but wasn't that troubled by it either. I expected the Spurs to look good after 9 days off and they did. In contrast, we had only one guy who played close to his best.  Yet, we kept the game within reach for most of it.  I expect a better effort from us in game 2. If we get handled easily on tomorrow, then I'll start worrying about this being a short series.  

Originally Posted by Pusha Tim

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

duncan is under-appreciated

best player post jordan in my opinion and when its all said and done, top 5 for sure
All of this is true. ALL OF IT.
Right. Considering dude has been irrelevant since the 2007 finals. You just can't take 5 years off like that.

The Spurs ball movement is stellar. It's beautiful to watch them offensively.

And where the hell was Chris Paul last night? 6 points & 5 TOs?
laugh.gif

Nick or Mo needs to start over Foye. He has been a ghost in the playoffs. His confidence seems to be gone. STOP THE OFFENSIVE BOARDS. BLOCK OUT!!!!! VDN needs to let Nick be Nick, he's holding him back. DEFEND THE 3 WAYYYYY BETTER

Do this and we win

Originally Posted by knightngale

All of this is true. ALL OF IT.
Right. Considering dude has been irrelevant since the 2007 finals. You just can't take 5 years off like that.
[table][tr][td]2008–09[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]75[/td][td]75[/td][td]33.6[/td][td].504[/td][td].000[/td][td].692[/td][td]10.7[/td][td]3.5[/td][td].5[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]19.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009–10[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]78[/td][td]77[/td][td]31.3[/td][td].519[/td][td].182[/td][td].725[/td][td]10.1[/td][td]3.2[/td][td].6[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]17.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010–11[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]76[/td][td]76[/td][td]28.3[/td][td].500[/td][td].000[/td][td].716[/td][td]8.9[/td][td]2.7[/td][td].7[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]13.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011–12[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]58[/td][td]58[/td][td]28.2[/td][td].492[/td][td].000[/td][td].695[/td][td]9.0[/td][td]2.3[/td][td].7[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]15.4[/td][/tr][/table]Thats irrelevant to you? Even 13 and 9 is good numbers, you're not going to find that kind of production out of most players on the back end of their career and in that season he had a career low in minutes. What do you expect? 20-10 year after year after year? Pop has even publicly said that Tim Duncan would have had much better stats if it wasn't for him. He's never gotten a superstar amount of touches. He's always sharing the ball with 2 other all stars and a host of top tier role players.
I wouldn't call that taking years off by any teams. Thats top tier production while playing on a top tier team who's had solid playoff run after solid playoff run.

Originally Posted by knightngale

[table][tr][td]2008–09[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]75[/td][td]75[/td][td]33.6[/td][td].504[/td][td].000[/td][td].692[/td][td]10.7[/td][td]3.5[/td][td].5[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]19.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009–10[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]78[/td][td]77[/td][td]31.3[/td][td].519[/td][td].182[/td][td].725[/td][td]10.1[/td][td]3.2[/td][td].6[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]17.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010–11[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]76[/td][td]76[/td][td]28.3[/td][td].500[/td][td].000[/td][td].716[/td][td]8.9[/td][td]2.7[/td][td].7[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]13.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011–12[/td][td]San Antonio[/td][td]58[/td][td]58[/td][td]28.2[/td][td].492[/td][td].000[/td][td].695[/td][td]9.0[/td][td]2.3[/td][td].7[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]15.4[/td][/tr][/table]Thats irrelevant to you? Even 13 and 9 is good numbers, you're not going to find that kind of production out of most players on the back end of their career and in that season he had a career low in minutes. What do you expect? 20-10 year after year after year? Pop has even publicly said that Tim Duncan would have had much better stats if it wasn't for him. He's never gotten a superstar amount of touches. He's always sharing the ball with 2 other all stars and a host of top tier role players.
I wouldn't call that taking years off by any teams. Thats top tier production while playing on a top tier team who's had solid playoff run after solid playoff run
26.7 7.5 7
discussion over

"Nobody is giving me time to develop," Griffin said without complaint while both knees were wrapped in ice after the Clippers' 108-92 Game 1 loss to the Spurs. "I have years to improve, but for some reason everyone talks now about what I can't do."

Word son?

tumblr_m43l4dMFsy1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

LOL.. TD is legit. If only his FTs didn't go down like his hair.

I hate CP now, and the same w/ BG. Del Negro's coaching will fail here, and Manu's weird looking shot actually goes in.

Back
Top Bottom