Official Spartacus: Vengence thread - Epic Season Finale

If i could trade places with anyone, Gannicus would be on my list.

"I am for wine and the embrace of questionable women"

As for the season finale, i hoped Oenomaus did get killed off, he had no place in the series anymore and was dragging on, he already passed the torch to Spartacus and his teachings and leadership although it was appreciated it was not needed.

Ilithyia/Lucretia's death surprised me to be honest, not so much the deaths but how it happened. We all knew Lucretia was back, yet it all seemed mysterious, is she really all sane? Why all of a sudden talk of gods, prophecy,etc? Most importantly, will she seek vengeance over Ilithyia, for the abandonment during the rebellion? Was the friendship ever real? payback is a b____

I was pulling for Ashur, yes i know he is scum and a snake, yet i feel he is just a victim of circumstance. He ultimately always wanted freedom, but more than that he wanted honor and royalty, even if it was not higher than the common man. He was the sidekick to both Glabar and Batiatus, he roamed through the villa as a freeman, yet he still wanted more; this was shown with his little treasure chest. Sucks, yet it was a lesson to be shown. Whether syrian, gaul, germanic or thracian, a slave is a slave no matter the race, unless he/she is roman.

Glabars death, like batiatus..you just didn't want to see him go, i don't know how they did it, but you felt for the guy. He was being ridiculed by his own circle of "peers", the senate looked at him as a joke, his wife is a notorious ###!$(much more than what was known in s1), his wife blatantly flirting and planning against him...and when you saw him kill Ilithyia's father i kind of cheered inside. However, once again we see the reoccurring theme, the ego, arrogance, and confidence the romans have, first with Batiatus and now with Glabar.

Spoiler-

We will see a young king this season... none other than Julius Caesar himself, i sure hope they play him like they did in Rome(HBO), the arrogance, wit and pretentious aura.

I remember Mira's introduction to the show ... when Licinia pulled the mask off of her and shorty had the full frontal ... No chick is gonna be able to hold it down like her ...
  I remeber that episode. Dat body
pimp.gif

I jumped off the couch when Naevia was cutting ashur's head off . Finally he got his. Lucretia seemed off the whole season but I didnt that coming and taking Ilithyia's baby with her....Wow. My _ Oenomaus though, he tought all of them everything they know. They killed off so many key characters I cant wait for the next season to see how the show goes on. I guess Varinius will be the top bad guy.

-Crixus knows Ashur smashed Nivea. When Crixus flipped out at that last party in season one, Ashur made the comment that he could tell that Nivea's box was not deadstock when he was hitting it, and now he knows who was tapping it before him. 
-Epic finale. Liam pales in comparison to Andy, his acting lacks affect, but it was still Epic seeing him kill Glaber. 

-Mira, I knew they would off her. Katrina Law is looking like she wants to make the move to Hollywood, to bigger and better thing. These bishes have no loyalty
30t6p3b.gif

-Lucretia,
eek.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
, my girl cover they mouth and ran out the room when homegirl just casually leaned back off the ledge. 

Amazing, Amazing episode. On par with "Kill them All" 

-The dude playing Crixus should get back on the juice. Crix looked so frail this season. And I'm calling it now, Crix is getting offed next season. 

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I remember Mira's introduction to the show ... when Licinia pulled the mask off of her and shorty had the full frontal ... No chick is gonna be able to hold it down like her ...
pimp.gif

I jumped off the couch when Naevia was cutting ashur's head off . Finally he got his. Lucretia seemed off the whole season but I didnt that coming and taking Ilithyia's baby with her....Wow. My _ Oenomaus though, he tought all of them everything they know. They killed off so many key characters I cant wait for the next season to see how the show goes on. I guess Varinius will be the top bad guy.
Varinius got the fireball to the face ... he's TOAST 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

-Crixus knows Ashur smashed Nivea. When Crixus flipped out at that last party in season one, Ashur made the comment that he could tell that Nivea's box was not deadstock when he was hitting it, and now he knows who was tapping it before him. 
-Epic finale. Liam pales in comparison to Andy, his acting lacks affect, but it was still Epic seeing him kill Glaber. 

-Mira, I knew they would off her. Katrina Law is looking like she wants to make the move to Hollywood, to bigger and better thing. These bishes have no loyalty
30t6p3b.gif

-Lucretia,
eek.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
, my girl cover they mouth and ran out the room when homegirl just casually leaned back off the ledge. 

Amazing, Amazing episode. On par with "Kill them All" 

-The dude playing Crixus should get back on the juice. Crix looked so frail this season. And I'm calling it now, Crix is getting offed next season. 

you're right ... that's when Batiatus went nuts b/c Glaber told him to get his house in order b/c he's been to friendly to his slaves ... 

pimp.gif

Did you watch this season or no?
Varinius got blasted by a cannonball bro.

Originally Posted by AME416

Vengence was my least favorite of the 3 seasons
30t6p3b.gif

yea...this season with Andy and the real Nivea would've been my favorite though...these last fews ep killed it in spite of them.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

this episode seriously blows

??
The scene where Nivea kills Ashur sucked. It felt completely like fanservice, and not a death deserving of the type of villain he played. The turn of the match was expected, especially with Nivea's whole speech and over acting. But if they had Ashur killing Nivea and then Crixus going mad and completely disemboweling Ashur in rage, that would've made for a better scene and a more sensible end. It completely cheapened the beginning of the episode for me. Ashur isn't even that strong and he completely man handled her, add to that his injuries, allllllllllllllllllllllll the training Crixus was doing with Nivea and how episode after episode they kept referencing her training. Only to see her kill Ashur like that ....... COME ON!
Also that comment was only on up to that point of the episode, I didn't want to spoil for anyone else since no one had commented on the episode in the thread at that point in time

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by AME416

Vengence was my least favorite of the 3 seasons
30t6p3b.gif

yea...this season with Andy and the real Nivea would've been my favorite though...these last fews ep killed it in spite of them.

the 2 stand ins hurt but this season was better than the prequel ... 

this episode seriously blows

??
The scene where Nivea kills Ashur sucked. It felt completely like fanservice, and not a death deserving of the type of villain he played. The turn of the match was expected, especially with Nivea's whole speech and over acting. But if they had Ashur killing Nivea and then Crixus going mad and completely disemboweling Ashur in rage, that would've made for a better scene and a more sensible end. It completely cheapened the beginning of the episode for me. Ashur isn't even that strong and he completely man handled her, add to that his injuries, allllllllllllllllllllllll the training Crixus was doing with Nivea and how episode after episode they kept referencing her training. Only to see her kill Ashur like that ....... COME ON!
Also that comment was only on up to that point of the episode, I didn't want to spoil for anyone else since no one had commented on the episode in the thread at that point in time
that's why i asked ... it was fan service ... and it was wack (but it was realistic ... ashur is much stronger and he trained w/ those dudes even if he was at the bottom of the totem) ...just like mira taking the hatchet to the neck .. but overall it was a very strong ending to a great season ... Not every death is glorious
30t6p3b.gif

Great episode
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was glad to see Ashur and Glabar go. I'm usually the type to start identifying too much with tv characters but the way those two did my dude Spartacus over the seasons really made my blood boil
laugh.gif

I was sad to see Illythia and Lucricia go though. Illythia was a snake but she was a great character because you never truly knew her motive. I found myself rooting for her while she was plotting against her husband, then hating her, then rooting for her again, then hating her again
laugh.gif
Her relationship with Lucricia always had me cringing too because I couldn't tell if it was sincere or if there was huge plot to off one another at the end. I guess that was answered in this episode

The death I really felt was my dude Doctore though
frown.gif
I really liked that character from the very first episode of season 1. I knew his time was coming though. I read a little into the real history of Spartacus on wiki a few months back and I remember it saying Oenomaus was the first leader to die and he died very early into the war. Once I saw his eye get effed up by that Egyptian, I knew his time was up
frown.gif
Doctore will be missed

I can't believe I got so into this show. I remember watching season 1 back in 09 because I was bored and it was on Netflix. I really thought the show was corny for the first few episodes but then I decided to lower my expectations and just watch the show for what it was: bloody entertainment. I even considered not watching season 2 because I thought it was gonna be corny too but decided to watch it on Netflix when I got bored again
30t6p3b.gif
This season really solidified this show as one of my favorites of all time. The acting is subpar at best sometimes but once you get over that, you really get into the show. I can't wait for season 4
pimp.gif

^^ Varro was his real #2 ...

Spartacus should have never invited the kid for a lesson ... that led to Varro's demise for the purpose of sport ... and that *#$ Ilythia gave up the box ... Ilythia tried so many times to kill Lucretia and Spartacus but anytime she had a chance to relax she was dreaming of getting dicked down by Andy in the gold ...

She is a certified clown ... one crazy %!@%%

That episode was crazy. When they started with the fireballs I was happy as hell. Mira dying killed me. Did not see it happening so early. Gannicus is that dude

pimp.gif

Varinius got the fireball to the face ... he's TOAST 

Oh yeah forgot about that.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

RIP all the fallen soldiers.
spartacus_blood_and_sand_2010_685x385_ep104_04.jpg

blonde dude was my favorite. he got ned starked 

30t6p3b.gif

llythia let some kid smash to set up Spartacus. Made him kill one of his brothers. She was always a garden tool.

??
that's why i asked ... it was fan service ... and it was wack (but it was realistic ... ashur is much stronger and he trained w/ those dudes even if he was at the bottom of the totem) ...just like mira taking the hatchet to the neck .. but overall it was a very strong ending to a great season ... Not every death is glorious
30t6p3b.gif

-Nivea should have been the one to kill Ashur. Of all living characters she got done worst by Ashur by faaaaaaar. Think about it, he raped her, exposed her and Crixus's affair, which lead to 

her being put on a cart to he sent to dozens of dudes to be raped over and over. Think of want Diona went through with that Cain Valasquez dude in "Gods of the Arena", Nivea went 

through that times 20x. She deserved to be one to off Ashur. People have a problem with her killing him cause because of the new actress there is a disconnect with fans. People just she this 

emo black chick who got Crix acting like a simp. If it where the old actress, and they showed her being smutted out, I think the killing would have landed better
- Now how she killed Ashur was absolutely beautiful.
pimp.gif
Think about how Nivea killed Ashur. It was just like how Ashur escaped death from Oenomaus in season one. One could say 
how could a cripple like Ashur escape a boss like Oenomaus coming at him....Both where on there knees with the superior person distracted above them. Ashur lost to Nivea because he lost focus and Nivea look advantage of it. Nivea pulled a move out of the Ashur playbook. Peotic justic. 
pimp.gif

-Mira was a great character but without her attachment to Spartacus she served not real importance to the show. And it was really the only time in the episode for her to die. There where 5 

maybe 6 characters dying in the episode. All of which where major characters in season one. In one hour you can't give everyone an epic death, and Mira was the least important death 

of the finale. Her death didn't impact a character or the show in any way. Spartacus killing Glaber was still about Sura and only Sura 

-Oenomaus death I didn't like, but with only 10 episodes, and a one hour finale, I can excuse it. 

Great Finale, wasnt expecting so many main characters being killed off in one episode. Even though Andys presence is still missed, I can live with Liam now. Like someone previously mentioned this season started weak but ended strong. Now that weve gotten acclimated to the new Spartacus I expect next season to be epic especially with Julius Caesar coming on.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well, that's that. What a great season finale. I still have it on my DVR and will watch it again this week.

I'm not going to get into detail, as everyone else in this thread already has.

I clapped and yelled out loud when Spartacus killed Glaber.

Lucrecia taking the plunge was
eek.gif
. My jaw dropped.

I will say that the last 15 minutes of this episode was some of the most intense television I have seen in years. I literally stood up and paced around my room when it was all going down.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well, that's that. What a great season finale. I still have it on my DVR and will watch it again this week.

I'm not going to get into detail, as everyone else in this thread already has.

I clapped and yelled out loud when Spartacus killed Glaber.

Lucrecia taking the plunge was
eek.gif
. My jaw dropped.

I will say that the last 15 minutes of this episode was some of the most intense television I have seen in years. I literally stood up and paced around my room when it was all going down.

i watched the episode a million x already ... lucy lawless killed it w/ that performance ... glaber, ashur and ilythia too

Back
Top Bottom