Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Fresh in from Japan since they didn't release the longsleeves here :rolleyes

IMG_5844.jpg
IMG_5832.jpg
Wow. Didn’t know they released in long sleeves at all. Beautiful.

The Man City comics sans font for this season is from a collab with Noel Gallagher, looks awful.
Hilariously bad. The leaked fourth kit is pretty divisive too. It doesn’t apply to home kits as much, but it’s worth noting that a lot of these kits are just produced to sell to kids/international fans. Sometimes that means there are some biggggg misses. But there have been some huge hits over the years too. City’s 20/21 third kit is on my Mount Rushmore.

New to soccer jerseys but authentic or replica (Nike) also player or blank.
This is definitely "buy what you like" territory. I've been buying more kits with namesets of late, but I try to reserve it for players I really like.

My big weakness is that I'm always worried about getting caught up in the moment and buying a kit with a player's name, and then watching them just fall off into oblivion.

New to soccer jerseys but authentic or replica (Nike) also player or blank.

Up to you TBH. Replica and authentics both have pros and cons.

Replicas are usually more durable as they have thicker material and the crests are usually stitched

Authentics are usually thinner and more breathable. Crests are usually heat pressed on and some of the details are nicer on them.

As for players vs blanks... I generally prefer players. Blanks always feel like they are missing something to me.

Up to you TBH. Replica and authentics both have pros and cons.

Replicas are usually more durable as they have thicker material and the crests are usually stitched

Authentics are usually thinner and more breathable. Crests are usually heat pressed on and some of the details are nicer on them.

As for players vs blanks... I generally prefer players. Blanks always feel like they are missing something to me.
Thanks you collect one specific club or all clubs I'm currently looking at a number 18 Chelsea jersey and a number 19 Barcelona jersey

Plenty of people buy for fashion, but it can be fun to research the club/country/player a bit before buying. The vast majority of my kits are City-related, but I have a others sprinkled in. Even if City releases a **** design, I might still end up buying it (even if that means waiting for a deep, deep discount). Conversely, if United/Liverpool/etc. release a well-designed kit (ha), there's a 0% chance I'll be buying it.

I only buy jerseys of teams I support.

Saw discounted jerseys of arsenal and Liverpool for $30 the other day. Easy pass even though it was cheap since they are not my teams

I just now started buying other clubs/national teams kits this year. Before then, my collection was strictly Man Utd, Ghana, and Nigeria. You'll never see me in another English club's kit tho.

I just now started buying other clubs/national teams kits this year. Before then, my collection was strictly Man Utd, Ghana, and Nigeria. You'll never see me in another English club's kit tho.
I'm assuming you have some Nigerian/Ghanaian heritage – if there were a global superstar from Ghana/Nigeria who featured for a non-United PL club, would you consider buying the kit? Or just settle for a national team kit and call it good?

I like Dortmund as well but their kits usually sell out before they go on sale. I remember ordering a Dortmund 13/14 kit. They ended up sending me the wrong size it wasn't an error on their part. It was Puma's fault. They had used a size small paper tag on a kit that was a XL. Sadly it didn't fit and I had to return it. They never offered to send a replacement.

I like Dortmund as well but their kits usually sell out before they go on sale. I remember ordering a Dortmund 13/14 kit. They ended up sending me the wrong size it wasn't an error on their part. It was Puma's fault. They had used a size small paper tag on a kit that was a XL. Sadly it didn't fit and I had to return it. They never offered to send a replacement.
That's brutal. I've had that happen with shoes before. Might be able to swing a 15% discount code out of it :smh:

Got a deadstock 22-23 Dortmund blackout/Kohle + Stahl kit with a Bellingham nameset in XXL if you suddenly grew 4 sizes over the last ten years :rofl:

Planning to get some more name sets, just wondering if there wont be any problem if I store it for the time being? Don’t have a shop around me that applies it.

Planning to get some more name sets, just wondering if there wont be any problem if I store it for the time being? Don’t have a shop around me that applies it.
No you can almost freely apply namesets to a shirt at any point. There's no shelf-life you have to worry about

Not sure if that's 100% true. I've heard original namesets from the 90s sometimes fail when you try and apply them today because the glue dries out or something like that. But most namesets these days for older shirts are reproductions anyway, so not much to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom