:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by tz85

can anyone tell me what should i do? because my sea glow job is taking way too long and im not seeing nothing special
just follow the instructions for the sea glow and use the 3m synthetic pad or any other pad to scrub into the soles. the more yellowed they arethe longer the process. patience and time is what you need.

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Anyone got advice for painting the midsole on some Fire Red IIIs? Paint is chipping like crazy and want to fix it.. I'll post pics tomorrow if needed.
pics not necessary. just depending on how bad the chipping is, your choices is either just do touch-ups in the cracked areas or if it looks like crap just strip it and repaint these areas. just use acetone to strip off the paint and get angelus paint for the repaint. the good thing for you is that you don't have to mix colors to get this shade. i know for a fact that fire red is available for sale in it's own shade. not really a hard process to repaint, just take the time to prep and clean the areas. good luck.

thanks man. any websites that sell the paint?

edit: Also is there a special brush that I should use?

just google "angelus paint" or check out turtle feathers. they carry angelus paint and i remember they carried fire red. no special brush needed.just use a hobby brush. they sell a set of 5 brushes at lowe's. that's where i got my brushes from. if you have an air brush, you can use this too. butthe brushes should do the job just fine.

Does anybody know where I can get the same exact laces used in the V's. I want some black ones to put on my dmp vs.

Anyone got advice for painting the midsole on some Fire Red IIIs? Paint is chipping like crazy and want to fix it.. I'll post pics tomorrow if needed.
pics not necessary. just depending on how bad the chipping is, your choices is either just do touch-ups in the cracked areas or if it looks like crap just strip it and repaint these areas. just use acetone to strip off the paint and get angelus paint for the repaint. the good thing for you is that you don't have to mix colors to get this shade. i know for a fact that fire red is available for sale in it's own shade. not really a hard process to repaint, just take the time to prep and clean the areas. good luck.

thanks man. any websites that sell the paint?

edit: Also is there a special brush that I should use?

just google "angelus paint" or check out turtle feathers. they carry angelus paint and i remember they carried fire red. no special brush needed. just use a hobby brush. they sell a set of 5 brushes at lowe's. that's where i got my brushes from. if you have an air brush, you can use this too. but the brushes should do the job just fine.
alright and thanks again!

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Does anybody know where I can get the same exact laces used in the V's. I want some black ones to put on my dmp vs.
not really a care/maintenance ?, but to answer you question. the laces on the v's are nothing special, especially if you want black ones. justgo to any footlocker, champs, footaction, etc. or anywhere that sells laces. these laces should be pretty much similar to the ones on the v's, sincethey're flat laces, nothing special about them.

Can anybody tell me if there's anything I can do to preserve the form on the back of my CDP 12's?? I know from experience that most of my friends'12's get creasing in the back of the shoe from just a few wears. As of now my kicks are DS and I want them to stay that way as long as possible, so ifanybody has suggestions on how to help with this problem please shoot me a PM thanks

Any Suggestions on how to clean the pinkish pods on these 13s
%21BOVQZDgCGk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BJuHEGi7Og%7E%7E_1.JPG

%21BOVQHfgBGk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CsEjlLlvGm7BJuHCr20qw%7E%7E_1.JPG

repaint them thats your best bet the pink is off the glue i think........ correct me if im wrong.....

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

Originally Posted by hoardinjordANZ

this probably been talked about a hundred times but i have no patience to flip thru all the pages .. my citrus 7s have been let say "introduced" to water a few too many times and now they are faded.. i have tried to steam clean them but to no avail.. i dunno bout the baby oil so well have heard pros and cons. il post some pics but any help to darken/restore the suede??
try the suede/nubuck cleaners first, then water repellent spray to try to get back some of the darker color back. if it doesn't work, then do the baby oil. i think the steam cleaning to the suede areas might have damaged it imo.

same thing happend to the toe of my black stealth 23s , i took them to my local shoe repair spot and the guy cleaned and re- died the suede for me back to black for 10$ , they look awsome !!! dam near ds again .
thanks fellas il see what i can do with them
tired.gif
guess itstrial n error

can someone reference me to cleaning/refurbishing yellowed midsoles? purple/black dunks (i know not jordans, but dunks r like 1 lows anyway right?) horriblyneed help! thnx in advance

hey i got a quarter size super glue stain on my 11s it just kinda made the patent leather look dull. any way i can get it off? there space jams

Hey would it be safe to put my 07 V's in the basement (its unfinshed, so its pretty cool and dry)?

Or would the dust in there ruin the shoes somehow?

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

Can anybody tell me if there's anything I can do to preserve the form on the back of my CDP 12's?? I know from experience that most of my friends' 12's get creasing in the back of the shoe from just a few wears. As of now my kicks are DS and I want them to stay that way as long as possible, so if anybody has suggestions on how to help with this problem please shoot me a PM thanks
no. my only suggestion is to start to learn how to walk on your hands so that your shoes never touch the ground again. other than that, justaccept it. it's not that bad imo.

Originally Posted by hoardinjordANZ

can someone reference me to cleaning/refurbishing yellowed midsoles? purple/black dunks (i know not jordans, but dunks r like 1 lows anyway right?) horribly need help! thnx in advance
your choices are to sand off the yellow to remove it or sand it and repaint.

Originally Posted by babycross2011

hey i got a quarter size super glue stain on my 11s it just kinda made the patent leather look dull. any way i can get it off? there space jams
rubbing alcohol. try to soften it so it will come off easier without doing damage to the pl. or you can heat it up and huff the glue to get high!nah, i'm kidding on this suggestion! but try the rubbing alcohol.

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

Hey would it be safe to put my 07 V's in the basement (its unfinshed, so its pretty cool and dry)?

just leave the shoes in the og box when you store them. you might want to but a pack of silica gel just in case for any moisture just in case. butthe basement should be safe.

^magic eraser. this should help it out a lot if not remove the affected areas. is it worth it? yes. look at the rest of the shoe. pretty clean. use the blemishto negotiate a better price and then clean it up.

do u mean the footlocker dry eraser or the mr clean one?
and i thought it was more of paint chipping thanks.
and i cant let water hit the suede if i use a mr clean eraser.

^magic eraser. this should help it out a lot if not remove the affected areas. is it worth it? yes. look at the rest of the shoe. pretty clean. use the blemish to negotiate a better price and then clean it up.
do you think 150 shipped was a okay deal?

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

just leave the shoes in the og box when you store them. you might want to but a pack of silica gel just in case for any moisture just in case. but the basement should be safe.
yea, thanks. I took out the shoe paper too, and its jsut the two shoes, the card, and 2 packs of silica gel.

What is the best thing to use on the Red Parts of the Carmine VI's? Is Suede/Nubuck cleaner safe to use?

Originally Posted by Dwilliams 8

do u mean the footlocker dry eraser or the mr clean one?
and i thought it was more of paint chipping thanks.
and i cant let water hit the suede if i use a mr clean eraser.

Back
Top Bottom