:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

does anybody know what color angelus paint to use on the mocha 3's midsole? it looks cream colored maybe? Any advice would be helpful thank you

^no man, the soles aren't cream colored. it's white. so you're gonna need white angelus paint. get the bigger bottle of it, also. you'll findthe need to paint other shoes that need touch-ups, so it's always handy to have. by the way, go crimson tide in '09! my school.
^^ you're gonna want to clamp the midsole areas that you're fixing on your xi's.

Hey guys, i had a question....... would anybody know what would be the best dye to dye this knee brace all black. Hopefully a dye that does come out when iswear or wash it. Thanks in advance.

66d35bc9e5137f0ca5dd44610fe9e109ecdc00f.jpg

^ might want to try the rit black dye for clothes. i think it should be good enough so it won't wash out. runs about a couple of $'s.

i got a lot of coke spilled on my sapphire blue ones, all over the toe and outside of the shoe. I need help trying to clean them. Is nylon safe to wash in thewasher or is there another way to clean them?

is there a palce where i can send my grapes to be restored or what would be a good way to do it my self.

Does any1 know how I can take of a lil smudge of permanet marker of my shoe? Is there some kind of spray or something? I got the smudg at the side of my3's near the bubbles.

yo pimpjobu, have u tried bleaching the patent leathers yet?how did it go? pics? i wanna work on my columbias but i wna know how ur 23 cent ones did thanks

I was wondering the same thing......... but i think he said that there is nothing you can do to remove yellowing from the patent recently in another post....
frown.gif

- I was considering using Ziplock bags for some of my Jordans with icy soles.

My question is, is it safe to do so?

I wear a size 10, so what will be the right size Ziplock bag to buy?

^Theres not really a safe way to store kicks.What most do is put silica pack inside the ziplock bag with Icy Soles, but the problem with that is that sooner orlater your kicks will become unwearable. The silica packs will suck all the air out of your shoe and when you do want to wear them the paint will crack (V,VI). So if you decide to keep them kicks DS, then putting them in a ziplock bag is the best way to go. If you plan on wearing them, then dont put to manysilica packs in that bag.

Originally Posted by ballab87

is there a palce where i can send my grapes to be restored or what would be a good way to do it my self.
PM me, You can do it yourself but it takes time and skills.

^ never liked the ziplock bags for shoes. it just dries up the shoes a lot quicker and dries out the glue, also. just leave them in the boxes and store awayin a dark closet.
^^the bleach thing doesn't do crap for removing the yellowing from the patent leather on columbia's. just makes the shoes smell like bleach for alittle bit. something we just have to accept i guess. it sucks but what can you do.

-yellow mesh on iv's- oxyclean is the safest thing to help clean up that area.
-smudge on shoes- might want to try goof off. got to be careful when using it.
-grapes- just restore them on your own. it's not as hard as you think. plus you'll get good at it and will want to restore other shoes. just read thebeginning of this section for what cleaners you need.
- coke spill on 1's- yeah, you could throw it in the washer, but try to clean it first with shoe cleaner first. go about using some other cleaners beforeyou use the washing machine as a last resort.

I just checked some DS Penny's and the air bubble has fog in it now. I tried the blowdryer on low and it didn't do anything, any other suggestionsbesides using warm water.

^angelus paint my man. get the exact color for your shoe and see if they have it available. if not, you're gonna have to do a paint match at lowe's orhome depot. that way you can find out what colors you might have to mix to get the right shade.

Originally Posted by JorPun662

I just checked some DS Penny's and the air bubble has fog in it now. I tried the blowdryer on low and it didn't do anything, any other suggestions besides using warm water.
I think those penny's r done buddy, whenever the air bubble isnt clear anymore, its a bad sign. I think there is a leak and moisture got inthere from sitting so long. someone correct me if im wrong. People please wear your shoes.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by JorPun662

I just checked some DS Penny's and the air bubble has fog in it now. I tried the blowdryer on low and it didn't do anything, any other suggestions besides using warm water.
I think those penny's r done buddy, whenever the air bubble isnt clear anymore, its a bad sign. I think there is a leak and moisture got in there from sitting so long. someone correct me if im wrong. People please wear your shoes.

They aren't done, my Air Trainer Max's which I wear significantly and keep clean along with my freshwaters that I haven't even worn yet also hadthe built up moisture. I tried a fellow NT'ers method of wiping the outside moisture gently with my finger and removed a majority of the moisture. Also Iremoved all the moisture from my freshwaters. I need to get some silica gel packs ASAP!!!

Back
Top Bottom