Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

Wow.. I'm glad my lappie-top has protector on the keyboard and things so that would need to dose the lappie top in order to get that thig crushed.. but no body phyucks with mines.. thats a death sentence

It wasn't even in the keyboard. It was in the cooling vent of a MacBook Pro which is super small so there was no way of saving it. It just went in to the back of the keyboard and destroyed the motherboard

Exactly. So at this point in just gonna grab an entirely new macbook after just buying that one 3 weeks ago. Cuz to attempt to fix it I'd need I pay for a motherboard which is going to be $800. So I told him, you ruined a $1700 macbook, just give me $800 and I'll call it a day. He said he can give me $200 a month and that's not going to fly. Worst part is I've known him for 10 years and our families go way back and go to the same church, so I'm trying to avoid getting the lawyers involved. But his parents think that he's only responsible for 50%. So my parents laid into them and are giving them a little but of time. But it's starting to get ugly. I think we're being more than fair, we could be pricks and tell em that we need 1700 plus compensation from my mom driving to Philadelphia to dc to get a second opinion on the computer. But we'll see. I'm not crazy hurting for cash, but I'm also in college and I'm not in a position to say "hey man, you destroyed 2k worth of electronics; an apology is all I need" lmao.
That's a tough situation. Don't know what I'd do in that case. I think your friend should be responsible for the cost of repairs for sure (not the cost of a new laptop).  But if he's really as broke as you say, $800 lump sum out of nowhere can really screw with a budget. They could have debts they're paying off and if they miss payments that could cause even more problems and get them more in debt. I know it's not your problem, but they might be hoping for the "friendly treatment" in terms of a more manageable payment plan. If you're truly not tight for cash, I might accept the payment plan with a solid contract so you can just take them to small claims court and not deal with lawyers. If I were the friend, I'd be fine signing the contract if I really had the intention to pay you back monthly. 

Edit: This is better than reseller talk. Hah.

Last edited:
imho (not that anyone asked), these are terrible. this is def. something for the younger generation. there is no emotional connection with these. mike never graced the court with them and they have pictures on them. i can't be too surprised about the hype tho bc they're limited. :x

My Dude Charm Hit The Nail On The Head With This Comment....... Exact Same Feels Over Here Homie

How the 5s look if you havent seen it yet.
View media item 1235777

^This Type Of Gimmicky BS Is EXACTLY Why I'm On The Downward Slope Of Getting Out Of This Shoe "Game"....... Ya'll Dude Honestly Think These Are "Fire"? :x

:smh:

Last edited:
That's a tough situation. Don't know what I'd do in that case. I think your friend should be responsible for the cost of repairs for sure (not the cost of a new laptop).  But if he's really as broke as you say, $800 lump sum out of nowhere can really screw with a budget. They could have debts they're paying off and if they miss payments that could cause even more problems and get them more in debt. I know it's not your problem, but they might be hoping for the "friendly treatment" in terms of a more manageable payment plan. If you're truly not tight for cash, I might accept the payment plan with a solid contract so you can just take them to small claims court and not deal with lawyers. If I were the friend, I'd be fine signing the contract if I really had the intention to pay you back monthly. 

Edit: This is better than reseller talk. Hah.
Trust me when I tell you payment plans and borrowing/lending money almost always ends badly. Once dudes get comfortable they either try to never return or take forever to do so.

damn bro sorry to hear that about ur comp... i personally dont let people sit or stand near my mbp with any liquids but thats just me...

lobol lobol if it puts it more in perspective, I'm not hurting for cash but I'm also not made of it lol. I'm 19 going to a large out of state university on my own, so $1700 out of pocket chump change for me lol. But it's also not going to make or break me.

But what threw me off is he didn't even hit me up that night or the next day to say sorry and ask about the damages, almost as if I were in the wrong. So that's where I don't feel bad collecting cash seeing as how he's kind of blowing it off. His personal circumstances don't mean all that much to me because if the roles were flipped and I damaged his property, I would've been at his house/dorm that night with the guap (regardless if I were broke or not). But I also understand that not everyone is wired like me and people are cut from different cloths, so I need to take that into account.

Might have to give your "buddy" the clamps

4-clamps_480_poster.png

Trust me when I tell you payment plans and borrowing/lending money almost always ends badly. Once dudes get comfortable they either try to never return or take forever to do so.
That's where the 10 years of "friendship" comes in. One would hope that a certain level of trust could be built by that time. I understand what you mean. Money is a tricky subject, even among "friends."
But what threw me off is he didn't even hit me up that night or the next day to say sorry and ask about the damages, almost as if I were in the wrong. So that's where I don't feel bad collecting cash seeing as how he's kind of blowing it off. His personal circumstances don't mean all that much to me because if the roles were flipped and I damaged his property, I would've been at his house/dorm that night with the guap (regardless if I were broke or not). But I also understand that not everyone is wired like me and people are cut from different cloths, so I need to take that into account.
I agree with you in trying to pay the debt of ASAP. But when you're not in debt/desperate, it's hard to say that with certainty. If you have $800 in late payments the extra interest rate as well as the credit score hit can just keep people drowning. Again, I know it's not your problem, but if the friend is trustworthy, I think they're just hoping you can help them avoid worse financial situation since you're better off. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you owe them any leniency, but I'm just bringing the possible circumstance up. You will know them better than I do.

Friendship ain't real most of the time and even if it is it gets testy when it comes to money, especially when it is a large amount

bots eat better with captcha think they started to realize that plus is was not working properly. I am sure Nike will have something maybe not on this release.

AS MUCH AS PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY. PROBABLY ABOVE 400
and honestly 400-450 sounds reasonable when pairing resell to availability/retail price

would i pay that .. NOPE .. but considering the price hike of some extremely limited kicks after launch $200 extra is decent

Wow.. I'm glad my lappie-top has protector on the keyboard and things so that would need to dose the lappie top in order to get that thig crushed.. but no body phyucks with mines.. thats a death sentence

Back
Top Bottom