Official SELECTION SUNDAY THREAD - 6PM EST CBS

The four #1 seeds are so good this year, but I just can't get myself to put all four in San Antonio.

As for the times of those games... I think I might try to goto the Sunday games at the RBC Center. My dad's got tickets for the tourney there so I mighttry to get him to bring me.

North Carolina vs Georgetown

Texas vs UCLA

then

North Carolina vs UCLA

UCLA champs... how does that sound?
smile.gif

Slap yourself if you think Rick Stansbury is going to take his team further in the tourney. Face it, the Bulldogs are going to take another second round exit.
stansbury is due for a sweet sixteen one of these years. don't forget, we have the leading shot blocker in the nation and are the #2 defensein the country. we've had good teams in the past, but keep running into really hot teams in the tournament. i was hoping we wouldn't be the 8/9 gameso that we could avoid a number one seed until after the second round. oh well. first things first, though... i need to read up on oregon. i haven'tseen them play at all this year because it's always so late here.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by ddot7

Clemson's road to the Chip looks EASY
nerd.gif

Down in the first round. It's a lock. Yall can't shoot FTs. I'd just foul all game long.

A) It was a joke
B) Clemson: 82 UVA: 51 Must be easy, right?
roll.gif

Im very pleased with the draw UK got. I think we can beat Marquette, then if somehow we can get the twin goons into foul trouble we could beat Stanford.

Dfresh, I think you are discrediting Duke too much. Sure they are a questionable #2 seed but they can play very solid basketball defensively and when they hittheir 3s are a very hard team to beat. Paulus is a very tough PG who can hit big shots and DeMarcus Nelson is a Senior leader. Singler, Scheyer, and Hendersonare X-factors in my mind. When two of those three play well offensively they are a tough team to beat. I can defiantly see Duke going to the Elite 8.

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Arizona has such an easy bracket. Final 4 for sure.

WVU? Duke?
laugh.gif

I really think they could go elite 8.

I am debating if i want to put it down.

BTW where we going to discuss all the games? This post or CB post?

BTW where we going to discuss all the games? This post or CB post?
probably have separate posts for Thursday and Friday action. I think that's how it was done prior years

If Huggins doesn't coach circles around O'Neill, coach K certainly will

Pargo Vs. Curry???

B-Easy/Billy W vs. Mayo/Jefferson???

Sonny Weems vs. Eric Gordon???

Morgan vs. Christmas???

James/McNeal vs. Bradley/Crawford???

Drew Lavender vs. Yota Gaines

And Joe Alexander is gonna MURDER Jordan Hill :

sick.gif
sick.gif

My Man Tasheed going dancing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jamont Gordon gonna show out
pimp.gif

I can't fill out my bracket yet....

I didn't read through this whole post, but does ANYONE out there think Butler got hosed? I mean, they're ranked 10th in the AP poll and received a 7seed. I don't care what conference you're from, if 28-3 and winning your conference tourney can't get you higher than a 7 seed, I can't imaginewhat it would take. They played better this season and they got a 5 seed last year. I just don't get it.

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

I didn't read through this whole post, but does ANYONE out there think Butler got hosed? I mean, they're ranked 10th in the AP poll and received a 7 seed. I don't care what conference you're from, if 28-3 and winning your conference tourney can't get you higher than a 7 seed, I can't imagine what it would take. They played better this season and they got a 5 seed last year. I just don't get it.

I don't know if they got hosed because I don't know much about them..BUT I wish they were ranked higher because it scares me to see them in thesecond round. How we were #1 in the RPI and SOS when the brackets were released and have to face a quality 10th ranked team like Butler in the second round Iwill never know.

I realize the loss to Arkansas was crushing and we didn't deserve a number one seed..but Kansas beat 1 top 25 RPI team all season and it happened justan hour before the brackets came out.

Should be interesting and I can't wait until Thursday and Friday!

as i look at it more, i really like being matched up with Marquette.

[table][tr][td]PROBABLE STARTERS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos. Player[/td] [td]Ht.[/td] [td]Cl.[/td] [td]Rb.[/td] [td]Pts.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]F Lazar Hayward[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]F Ousmane Barro[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G Dominic James[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G Jerel McNeal[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]14.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G W. Matthews[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]11.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
Jasper (6-6) on Hayward
Stevenson (6-9) on Barro
Harris (6-6) on James
Bradley (6-2) on McNeal
Crawford (6-5) on Matthews

Ramon's become our best defender, but Bradley may have to guard James, i don't know. Marquette's non-existent frontcourt works in our favor,should be a good one.

we owe Marquette for '03 (man, we were good.) this one's for Keith Bogans.
pimp.gif

can't wait.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

Anyone think I'm reaching by having South Alabama beat Butler?

I have it in the bracket that I filled out yesterday, which was just a first instinct thing without taking a look at any of the teams. I might not have thatfor sure though after I take a closer look at each game and fill out my final bracket.

I think that they will.

They can rebound, shoot the 3 really well (it'll probably be a shoot out) and have a decent big man something that Butler doesn't have.

I slept on in and I still don't know who I am going to choose between Kansas and GTown. The winner of that game, I am going with for the Championship. Theonly problem is Bill Self is a choke artist. I just have a good feeling about JT3 and his boys. I am not worried about the Pitt game because Pitt was unrealthat whole week. They are another team I could see beating Memphis. I just don't have faith in John or Bill even thought their teams are insanely loaded.Thgis might be a bracket that I sit on and finish up late Wednesday night.

IF it came to that game...JT3 would out coach Self...I just worry about our frontline against theirs.

Anyone think I'm reaching by having South Alabama beat Butler?
not a stretch at all. they basically rewarded south alabama by making them travel just up the interstate to birmingham. talk about home-courtadvantage for the lower seed.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

I think that they will.

They can rebound, shoot the 3 really well (it'll probably be a shoot out) and have a decent big man something that Butler doesn't have.

Butler has a very good big man in Matt Howard, one of the most unknown freshmen in the country.

However - with Butler (and USA), it really comes down to how well they're shooting. Butler can beat every team in America if they're hitting theirshots, because they don't turn the ball over and they shorten the game. However, it can backfire on them easily too, and if the shots aren't falling,they can lose to some not very good teams at the same time.

I like them to win because they are tourney tested and senior-led, but I won't be the least bit surprised if they lose either.. it's just the natureof Butler basketball.

Back
Top Bottom