Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

I can't wait to see what the O looks like tonight, especially JM. I gotta feeling if the WR's look good tonight Crabtree will get shook and sign by theend of the week.

My prediction Shaun hill - 60-70 yds, 0 tds, 0 ints ; Alex smith 50-60 yds, 0 tds, 1 int

laugh.gif
well ....good luck to Hill ......im really just curious on Smith andhow much he improved ......but yah, its only pre-season ....im not really gonna be all
eek.gif
or
mad.gif
until week 1....
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Now that Shaun Hill has been named the starter, where are all the Alex Smith fanboys at now?? Or is there just one
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

right here
wink.gif

Sorry to hear that my man. Again, now that Shaun Hill has been named the starter for the 1st preason game, how do you feel about that??
I don't get why you're trying to provoke an argument. I am rooting for Alex Smith simply because we paid so much for him, so why not usehim? We can make excuses and say that injuries, coach staff, and coaching changes hurt his ability to improve, but I agree that if he were a better player, hewould be able to get pass all of that. Anyways, having Hill named the starter of a preseason get is no big deal, because Alex is probably going to start nextweek. Hill has done nothing wrong to lose his starting job right now, so why should he give up the spot to an unproven Smith. It would be an ideal situationfor Smith if Hill were to lose the starting job partially through the season, so Smith does not have as much pressure on him.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Now that Shaun Hill has been named the starter, where are all the Alex Smith fanboys at now?? Or is there just one
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

right here
wink.gif

Sorry to hear that my man. Again, now that Shaun Hill has been named the starter for the 1st preason game, how do you feel about that??
I don't get why you're trying to provoke an argument. I am rooting for Alex Smith simply because we paid so much for him, so why not use him? We can make excuses and say that injuries, coach staff, and coaching changes hurt his ability to improve, but I agree that if he were a better player, he would be able to get pass all of that. Anyways, having Hill named the starter of a preseason get is no big deal, because Alex is probably going to start next week. Hill has done nothing wrong to lose his starting job right now, so why should he give up the spot to an unproven Smith. It would be an ideal situation for Smith if Hill were to lose the starting job partially through the season, so Smith does not have as much pressure on him.

I hear ya, and I know that you, I, and everyone else in here is a committed 49ers fan, however at some point in time I think we all have to realize when wehave to move along from Alex Smith. I would like for him to work out here in San Fran just cause that's my team and of course he's a player for themso anything he can do to help out the team I'm sure we would all be grateful for. Be that as it may, to me he has showed no sign of progress throught theyears. I know we signed him and all, but I think he's done more harm than good during his tenure here with San Fran. At some point in time it's bestthat we just moved on from him and invest our time, energy and money into a better QB.

Shaun Hil.......6 for 11....72 yards......0 TDs......1 int

Alex Smith.....9 for 15....114 yards....1 TD.......0 int

I hear ya, and I know that you, I, and everyone else in here is a committed 49ers fan,
well, not everyone is committed.
nerd.gif

anyways, i'm amp'd for our 1st game. I'll try and get you a link BN.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

nerd.gif

anyways, i'm amp'd for our 1st game. I'll try and get you a link BN.
laugh.gif
@ the various jabs.

Thanks NTL, I hope I'm home to watch the game. Btw, where you the one who asked me about Size-On?

nerd.gif

Your right about that, there is 1 fraud in our circle, but at least that person have been spotted and duly noted. Looking forward to the gametonight. Does anyone else feel like me when I say that I can honestly care less at this point in time if the 49ers sign Crabtree??

nerd.gif
Your right about that, there is 1 fraud in our circle, but at least that person have been spotted and duly noted. Looking forward to the game tonight. Does anyone else feel like me when I say that I can honestly care less at this point in time if the 49ers sign Crabtree??
@ the jabs at you know you
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

As far as Crabtreee when he joins the team then I'll start to think about him. Imo its to late to expect an kinda of an impact year from him singletary hasto go with the best players that played in training camp. Its nothing personal between Crabs and Singletary but I can't see him really playing untill week3 or 4 if he comes in in time for any preseason games
pimp.gif
if not
eyes.gif

I think you also have to factor in our QB battle if there was a clear number one the impact of Crabtree missing camp/preseason games would be X2 as crucial.

Deuce King wrote
nerd.gif

Your right about that, there is 1 fraud in our circle, but at least that person have been spotted and duly noted. Looking forward to the game tonight. Does anyone else feel like me when I say that I can honestly care less at this point in time if the 49ers sign Crabtree??
Yes and No...
Its not a question of if we sign him but when. And frankly I'm not pressed about it. Its not like we're one WR from the playoffs or (dare I say) aSuper Bowl. We still got a gaping hole at QB.

I hope its a good game. No hate but LETS GO BRONCOS!
pimp.gif
I just hope wedon't look as bad as everyone is thinking we will
ohwell.gif
Eddie Royal andBrandon Marshall are still lethal weapons without Cutler
grin.gif

And I hope for San Fran's sake, Crabtree comes to his senses and signs.

nerd.gif

Pretty much, I always thought he was an overrated receiver. Him demanding an unreasonable amount of money when he didn't even participate in an OTA isridiculous.

Thank god for NFL Network... I wont be able to watch the whole game cause of work but I'll record it... I think our WR group is fine how it is, of courseCrabtree would've been additional help... But I think they will do fine enough...

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i still want Crabtree
Yea same here, sooner or later we are going have to replace Bruce... But we cant let this distract us... So for now we have to move on...

Back
Top Bottom