:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you guys say Saleh is underperforming and last season was more of an overshadow on how talented the defense was? It seems when he loses his pass rush (I guess any defense), the scheme is just basura....Then again I aint no football guru.

I think not having Kwaun Williams to cover Beasley in the slot last night was sorely missed. When they showed Dontae Johnson in the starting lineup as the nickelback I felt pretty ominous about our chances. Pass rush didn’t help either, literally. As each game passes AA’s contract looks worse and worse. It was so damn apparent his success was a product of playing next to Bosa and Defo, and now we’re stuck with him for the immediate future.

I think not having Kwaun Williams to cover Beasley in the slot last night was sorely missed. When they showed Dontae Johnson in the starting lineup as the nickelback I felt pretty ominous about our chances. Pass rush didn’t help either, literally. As each game passes AA’s contract looks worse and worse. It was so damn apparent his success was a product of playing next to Bosa and Defo, and now we’re stuck with him for the immediate future.
and a contract year :smh::sick: got hoodwinked

Wentz tries to play hero ball too much and gets in his own head on the field. My man Clowney is to blame for all this.

Would you guys say Saleh is underperforming and last season was more of an overshadow on how talented the defense was? It seems when he loses his pass rush (I guess any defense), the scheme is just basura....Then again I aint no football guru.

I think it’s a combination of both obviously but without a pass rush this scheme just makes a QBs job way too easy. As good as Allen played last night, I can’t think of one difficult throw he made off the top of my head. Most of them were throws any starting QB would have hit with ease. Nothing was contested all night.

Buckner has been a huge loss. we have the DE’s rushing wide and they end up out of the play because there is no interior pressure and the QB just slides up into the pocket. Buckner is a ++ player and Kinlaw is not yet a + player. With a full camp hopefully he becomes a + player next season.

Last edited:
Wentz is broken. I don't think I've ever seen a QB unravel as quickly as Wentz did. His mechanics are a complete mess. It reminds of that dude from the Cardinals that got the permanent yips and forgot how to pitch.

Flexed out the SNF game against Dallas in favor of the Giants and Browns lol. That’s more likely indicative of the Cowboys being trash than anything. But glad I didn’t get tickets for that game. Them letting over 30k people in Jerry world already was steering me away. But the time switch is the icing on the cake.

Rich Ankiel?
Rick...but who’s keeping score? The difference between him and Wentz is that nothing actually happened to Ankiel, he just all of a sudden lost his command. Weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in baseball.

Wentz is teaching David Carr levels of anxiety back there. Sack after sack after sack...even if he goes elsewhere he’s a broken QB.

Coach Kocurek needs to be New Defensive coordinator

The problem is he said he doesn't want to be a DC.

Kocurek connects with his players in part because they know he has no aspirations to be a head coach or a coordinator. His passion is the trenches, and it comes through in every conversation or text message. He is what he is -- a person who played D-line in high school, in college and for two seasons with the Tennessee Titans -- and he's fine with that. He understands not only the position but the mindset to be successful, which is why he demands that his players give to him the same things he gives to them: energy, focus and an unwavering commitment to be better than they were the day before.

If Shanny thinks someone of the staff is ready, it could be someone like Demeco Ryans or Daniel Bullocks. Something most 49er fans don't seem to realize is that the 49ers no longer run the Seattle-style defense. The defense has changed a lot since Saleh got here. He's done a good job evolving the scheme. It's still a heavy zone-based defense, but we've moved to more quarters(cover 4) coverages. And of course, there's the switch from the 4-3 under to the wide 9 up front. I think the suggestions of Dan Quinn are a bad idea. That dude is lost. He's still running version 1.0 of the Seattle scheme because he never evolved it. The entire league knows how to attack that scheme.

Last edited:
I watched a film breakdown of the Bills game. Wow was Moore horrendous in coverage. Tartt is very underrated on this team, injuries have limited him but he’s solid when he’s on the field.

Back
Top Bottom