:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need to win out to get to 9 wins. Even with the extra wild card spot I don't know if that wil be enough.

they did us bad, but the rams team was the greatest show on turf.

I remember that game. Thought it was going to be like the tim McDonald “same old sorry *** Rams” 95 game after their hot start.

they beat the Titans the prior sunday after Steve Young got hurt and Jeff Garcia took over. Man was I wrong lol.

We should’ve went with Riddick and Josh McDaniels instead of Lynch and Shanahan. We would’ve been cookin’ the NFC w/ Mahomes right now.

We should’ve went with Riddick and Josh McDaniels instead of Lynch and Shanahan. We would’ve been cookin’ the NFC w/ Mahomes right now.

wait, how did McD and Mahomes suddenly become a package deal?

i’ll take shanny over a vast majority of current NFL coaches. let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here. the record is damning but what do you expect him to do with a mostly injured roster? the team’s competitive, ill give them that

Shanny is the guy. No doubt about it from me. He's not perfect, but he's damn good and learns from his mistakes. I think he's going to be around here for a long time, and IMO, we're lucky to have him.

49ers played the best team they've played all year in a "home game" at Arizona with Nick Mullens, who gets worse every week he plays, and a bunch of backups everywhere. I'm not going to overthink this one.

49ers should win the next 2, which sets us up for what could be a game vs AZ for the last WC spot.

It was widely known that the GM and HC positions came down to Louis Riddick/Josh McDaniels vs Lynch and Shanahan. Also, Riddick has stated that he would’ve drafted Mahomes. All of this info was via Maiocco’s podcast interview w/ Riddick today prior to the game.

Shanny isn’t the problem. They almost won a super bowl with an average Jimmy as the qb.

but lack of a quality qb is ultimately going to be the problem. Either draft your guy, get someone like Dak, or if you think you can win in the next 2 seasons go for a matt Ryan type dude.

this is a qb driven league. You got the rare occasion where a trent Dilfer or joe flacco wins a super bowl. But ultimately you need quality play from that position.

Shanny isn’t the problem. They almost won a super bowl with an average Jimmy as the qb.

but lack of a quality qb is ultimately going to be the problem. Either draft your guy, get someone like Dak, or if you think you can win in the next 2 seasons go for a matt Ryan type dude.

this is a qb driven league. You got the rare occasion where a trent Dilfer or joe flacco wins a super bowl. But ultimately you need quality play from that position.

Right, I think we all understand that Shanny has to address the QB situation this offseason. Whether that's drafting a guy to sit behind Jimmy and eventually replace him or moving on from Jimmy in favor of another starting NFL QB, something needs to get done.

And it will. Shanny ain't dumb. He's proven that he's learned from his mistakes.

My biggest takeaway from this game is this current defense with this scheme is easy pickings for the better QBs that we play. Soft zone with no pass rush is like flag football. Rodgers, Wilson, and Allen got whatever they wanted against this defense.

Shanny def isn’t the problem. The injuries have exposed some of Lynch’s blunders as a gm. Too many misses on 1st rounders and trades/FA pickups not being long term solutions or just flat out whiffs.

So inconsistent, we had a chance against this team. So frustrating not having our guys out there.

sup with blown coverage on those2 td passes, disgusting..

After those few stops on the endzone we basically stopped running the ball. Why no use Raheem more?

Bro, how good is Josh Allen? Jeez, the progression he's made since he entered the league is crazy. Dude is a star.

his ascension has been overshadowed by mahomes and lamar jackson, but i'd actually put him ahead of lamar.

it doesn't matter that he played against a terrible defense today, he's got all the tools. has an ability to read a defense and get it to the open man, knows how to lead his WRs and hit them in stride, his release is hella quick and he's mobile when necessary. on the few times that the niners were able to make him break out of the pocket, he was dropping absolutely dimes on the run.

but yall, I gotta give mullens his roses tonite, too. if the defense could've made some 3rd down stops, BDN would've lead this team to a comeback

seeing all these QBs who grew up as 49ers fans... and then thriving elsewhere

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

his ascension has been overshadowed by mahomes and lamar jackson, but i'd actually put him ahead of lamar.

it doesn't matter that he played against a terrible defense today, he's got all the tools. has an ability to read a defense and get it to the open man, knows how to lead his WRs and hit them in stride, his release is hella quick and he's mobile when necessary. on the few times that the niners were able to make him break out of the pocket, he was dropping absolutely dimes on the run.

but yall, I gotta give mullens his roses tonite, too. if the defense could've made some 3rd down stops, BDN would've lead this team to a comeback
Mullens takes a beating and continues to hang in there. Aiyuk got him smacked twice from bad blocks, same thing with McKinnon. He gets tackled every other throw.

Back
Top Bottom