:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trying to be optimistic, but still have to deal with the crap situation.

Surprised Jimmy is still here. They should've just accepted a deal for a 3rd-4th rounder and moved on. The team has the pretty good depth and have picks. IMO, would've been better to see the Niners make it work that way, instead of Jimmy still being on the roster.

We'll see how it goes the rest of the offseason.

In other words...

Lynch: "We completely expected to have traded Jimmy by now. But we overvalued him. Other teams already knew what we knew about Jimmy - that he's vastly overpaid and isn't even worth anything close to a 2nd rounder. Hey, we tried our best to fool the other GM's but it didn't work.

Its coo tho, we'll adapt and cut him when the time is right.

just Imagine... what if Trey were to get hurt in some freak offseason accident and has to miss time, having Jimmy would then be a nice option to have right?

But if Trey is good to go and 100% ready and healthy come training camp, that's when we send Jimmy to the Panthers, Lions, or Texans and say sayonara, good luck trying to make the playoffs now sucka."

It was already stated that Jimmy and his doctor dragging their feet with his surgery screwed us. The colts came outright and said they lost interest knowing he wouldn't be able to throw for months.

figure the niners keep jimmy on the roster rather than cut him outright. i imagine both parties will agree to a contract restructure —jimmy gets a payday as opposed to getting cut and getting signed to a lower deal from a QB-desperate team while niners save some (hopefully a lot of) cap space.

trade market could be all dried up right now, but with the inevitability of QB injuries, i could see lynch betting on a team wanting/needing jimmy mid season.

the only thing that's hard to swallow about rostering him thru the off season is the fact that his contract probably prevents them from being more aggressive in free agency.

Out of all GM's and coaches John and Kyle talk the most BS. And I know all of them want to be slick and never show their cards but even when its obvious, these dudes talk nonsense. They blew it. We all knew the plan was to trade Jimmy. They even said so themselves. SMH

The 49ers' efforts to trade Jimmy went exactly like my trip to Subway.

I ordered the Jimmy G Italian Stallion Special, they told me it cost over $12, so I hesitated to pay.

I then told the cashier I couldn't pay that price cause it's overpriced like Jimmy G.

I asked if they had the Jimmy special on the $5 footlong menu. They said no.

I proceeded to back out of the negotiation, left the store without making the deal, and ended up getting 2 giant slices of NY style pizza at Sgt. Pepperoni's for $6 instead :lol:

Ouch. I hope a WR or someone decent in the future wears #10 so you can name swap it .
Single digits are the new wave now for receivers. Several have already switched and it’s only going to grow in the future.

So whats the verdict? Have jimmy stay and have lance and him battle it out to their full potential on some young vs montana..with a hefty price chilln in bench aka jimmy. Or cut or wait til his **** good and maybe we get picks? Thots?

So whats the verdict? Have jimmy stay and have lance and him battle it out to their full potential on some young vs montana..with a hefty price chilln in bench aka jimmy. Or cut or wait til his **** good and maybe we get picks? Thots?
Not good for locker room. It could divide the team. If Trey wins the job and jimmy on bench. How will team respond?

Back
Top Bottom