:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and additionally bros Deshaun Watson is on a 156 MILLION dollar contract, (39 million /year)

we have 13 million in cap space. which would mean as it stands they would need 3x as much money as they have just to sign him.

And then add a JJ watt to that equation.

It only works if the 49ers can get completely out from under Jimmy G, Dee Ford, and Weston Richburg's contracts which is more or less impossible.

PLus they need money to sign the incomoing draft's rookie class

and additionally bros Deshaun Watson is on a 156 MILLION dollar contract, (39 million /year)

we have 13 million in cap space. which would mean as it stands they would need 3x as much money as they have just to sign him.

And then add a JJ watt to that equation.

It only works if the 49ers can get completely out from under Jimmy G, Dee Ford, and Weston Richburg's contracts

Jimmy makes $25M, problem solved

this is fasho all niner fans today trynna calculate what it's gonna take to get watson

ObC1UUk.gif

meanwhile this is the niners' FO after "showing interest":
200.gif

Alright cut Jimmy, McKinnon, and richburg. Problem solved

Makonnen is already going to be a free agent, nothing to cut, (+0 dollars)

Cut Jimmy ~23 million against 2.8 mil dead money (+ 19 million dollars)

Richburg would save ~8 million against 3 million dead money (+5 million dollars)

That's ~24 mil saved + 13 mil available cap = 37 million and deshaun watson costs 39/year

So they would still be 2 million short to sign Watson and would have 0 dollars left to sign the 2021 rookie class, which isn't an option.

Honestly I think the only way it works is Cut Jimmy G, Cut Weston Richburg, and bribe a team with draft picks to trade for Dee Ford and absorb a majority proportion of his contract. All 3 of these moves would need to happen before June 1st

Also they're 7 million in the hole for dead money on Dante Pettis and Kwon Alexander. 😢

Tbh i thought KC had like 30 bucks to spend last offseason :lol: but their front office worked some magic didnt they or am i remembering that wrong

Richburg would save ~8 million against 3 million dead money (+5 million dollars)

That's ~24 mil saved + 13 mil available cap = 37 million and deshaun watson costs 39/year

So they would still be 2 million short to sign Watson and would have 0 dollars left to sign the 2021 rookie class, which isn't an option.

Honestly I think the only way it works is Cut Jimmy G, Cut Weston Richburg, and bribe a team with draft picks to trade for Dee Ford and absorb a majority proportion of his contract. All 3 of these moves would need to happen before June 1st

Also they're 7 million in the hole for dead money on Dante Pettis and Kwon Alexander. 😢

Jimmy makes 26.4 and his dead cap hit is 2.8 so we would save 23.8. Not sure where you are getting your Jimmy numbers but that and Weston would get us there. Plus you can pretty easily convert salary to a bonus and have someone restructure. It happens every offseason

Tbh i thought KC had like 30 bucks to spend last offseason :lol: but their front office worked some magic didnt they or am i remembering that wrong

Yes and the Saints are 90M over the cap and can save like $50M just by restructuring contracts. The salary cap is just made up numbers that don’t mean a thing that is fairly easily manipulated

Plus watsons $40M a year doesn’t even kick in until next year. He only has a $15M cap hit this season because he is still on his rookie contract. It isn’t until next year that his big money contract kicks in

it took me awhile to get thru reading this because i saw "makonnen" and couldnt help but think about that artist ilovemakonnen :lol:

it sucks that dee ford fiesta couldn't stay on the field long enough to bare any production that'd make him worth anything on the trade market.

he's nickled and dimed some guys on contracts but

in 2020 paraag converted 12.8 million dollars of the legendary dee ford's salary into bonus and thats really done the team no financial favors either

i'm not kidding when i say they should try to trade dee ford + picks for a "nobody player" (maybe a cheap depth guy, maybe a kicker to compete with gould in training camp) just to get another team to assume some of the Ford contract. i just don't know if there's any gm dumb enough to do it now that B.O.B is gone

also there's projected to be about 12 teams that need a QB in the entering draft. I really Wouldn't mind seeing John Lynch trade down, as he has before, to pick up some more ammo for this draft and the next.

trading down to get more picks in the same draft isn't necessarily rebuilding, it's min/maxing with what the value potentials you have are

lawrence, wilson, fields, and lance are all going to be gone way before our pick. the other 6-8 teams that are QB hungry might be willing to make a good deal to move up and grab what's left, letting us picking twice in the first round or at least once in first and pick up an extra early 2nd rounder

lynch has already done this before, he just whiffed it on the picks (solly thomas + reuben foster in '17)

trading down to get more picks in the same draft isn't necessarily rebuilding, it's min/maxing with what the value potentials you have are

lawrence, wilson, fields, and lance are all going to be gone way before our pick. the other 6-8 teams that are QB hungry might be willing to make a good deal to move up and grab what's left, letting us picking twice in the first round or at least once in first and pick up an extra early 2nd rounder

lynch has already done this before, he just whiffed it on the picks (solly thomas + reuben foster in '17)

we didn’t trade down to get foster, we traded up

Back
Top Bottom