:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It sounds like things are moving along behind the scenes with us and Stafford. I'm ready to push the ball down the field again.

With Hurd hopefully coming into the mix 3 receiver sets with him, Debo, Aiyuk and Stafford under center would be a thing of beauty.

Not sure if I wanna get a Stafford jersey :lol:

if it were Rodgers Watson or even a first round qb I would buy in a heartbeat.
Just personal preference. I know he’ll kill it in our offense but something about stafford as a fan I’m not too big on if that makes sense.

please, lets not do this to ourselves again. we can't expect anything out of hurd.
Let’s revisit this in week 6. If I’m wrong I’ll own it.
Also, at least LA’s GM is honest about Goff’s status with the team. That boi is gone if they can get one of the top FA’s.

watson would be top tier in my book i wish they could get him

but this organization basically never sells the farm to get the big blockbuster name free agent, especially on offense

watson and rodgers a complete fantasy,

stafford maaaybe but i feel like this org pretty cheap on trading away picks and it looks like detroit would want that #12 overall pick and probably some extras

a lot of teams are calling detroit but most of them just kicking tires, if John Lynch can get him for less than that first rounder tho I'm all for it and would consider it a fleecing.

well, here we go. seems as though deshaun is officially going to be traded. it’s a complete long shot, but do we have enough to get a seat at the table, at least?

the more i think about it — i’m not ready to give up #12 for Stafford. i’d rather see if i can land another player via trade (wentz, watson, darnold), if unsuccessful draft, if unsuccessful jimmy for 1 more year. even though i know the outcome of that, injured or stink up the joint.

need a stud with that 1st, or a trade back.

how you guys feeling?
F6D77E2A-A12C-4BA7-A0E1-314D60EDD5BE.jpeg

Last edited:
its a 21 million dollar dead cap hit to texans if they deal him

since he's on a no trade clause they could wait it out and start fining him bonus money for non participation

texans are probably wise to just wait it out and see what offers come rolling in

the other big problem is that the 49ers also can't afford to outbid teams like the NY Jets or the Miami Dolphins right now

Not sure if I wanna get a Stafford jersey :lol:

if it were Rodgers Watson or even a first round qb I would buy in a heartbeat.
Just personal preference. I know he’ll kill it in our offense but something about stafford as a fan I’m not too big on if that makes sense.
When I think of Matthew Stafford, I cannot think of any signature moments especially in the playoffs.

I agree, I'm not 100% sold on Stafford and I would be mildly surprised if the Niners acquired him.

Idk. His numbers post 2011 are similar to what Jimmy put out in 2019. If we’re going to make a move for any QB that guy needs to win it all. Just getting there isn’t enough for me, we got there with the guy we already have.

Stafford is talented, however his best football has always been when he’s down 3 scores and the defense stops caring. I liked him when he was viewed as an underrated Qb who might become available. Now that he appears to be available he’s been completely overblown by just about everyone. He makes highlight reel throws but similar to Jimmy will make 2-3 throws a game that just leave you scratching your head. He’s a guy who has been deemed underrated so much that he’s now become overrated. He’s a slightly above average quarterback. A guy that whichever fan base ends up with, will be underwhelmed when they see what they actually end up with on the field next year after all this off-season hype.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom