:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Giving up multiple firsts for Deshaun is a no brainer. If we can keep our elite guys and nab Deshaun, you pull the trigger.

If they want Fred or Bosa in the package, that's when you take pause--but you still strongly consider it.

Preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment of not being able to capitalize, and right our draft day wrong. :smh:

it's the money though. we don't have a good clean out with jimmy g or dee ford and owe them a lot of money no matter how this plays out

deshaun watson has 96+ million dollar in cap hit over next 3 years (16 mil 2021 + 40mil 2022 + 40mil 2023 potential out: 2024)

gotta do something radical like trade jimmy and have the other team eat most of his salary, plus say goodbye to someone important like Juicecheck to get it to work out I think

and they gotta figure out how to re-sign trent williams.

money is gonna be tight and we're gonna be losing a lot of guys we like 😢

Paraag didn’t do well with Fords contract, If he did it, but did well with other players

but unsurprisingly the good players cost a lot of money. And other than rookie contracts, You can’t keep them all, and keep signing more,
It isn’t financially sustainable

Last edited:
Especially since he’s still on a low paying contract hell no you don’t trade nick bosa he’s a good player who is probably gonna break the bank in a couple of years

Greg Roman still calling every play of the offense from the pistol when they down and still haven’t scored a touchdown now where have I seen this before

keep hearing more rumors Rams and Houston swapping Goff and Watson, of course Rams throwing in picks too.

i swear if this gets done i’m done with Lynch. if there aren’t any clear indications we can get Stafford, Darnold or any other vet we need to make this happen soon.

honestly, besides Fred nobody is off limits in my eyes. including Bosa, although i wouldn’t add more to that deal. (reason being i’m worried about his injuries long-term).

Warner is an amazing player, but u absolutely consider trading him for Deshaun. You absolutely hang on to Bosa over Warner if it’s one or the other.

Warner is the best at his position so obviously almost impossible to replace. However value wise LB’s are the RBs of defensive positions. There’s quality everywhere in the mid rounds. Finding an elite pass rusher outside of the top 15 or so picks is a rarity.

You don't want to lose either of them.

Warner is pro bowl talent inside linebacker. but he's also due a big time pay day, asap.

Nick Bosa is probably pro bowl talent edge rusher again, once he gets back in action, and his big pay day isn't until 2023 (when they can option him) or really 2024 (when he would be due to become an UFA).

Considering our money problems right now though, if it was gun-to-the-head pick one to lose or die, I'd probably have to let Warner go over Bosa because they're both pro bowl talent in their position but Bosa, assuming healthy, is going to be the more financially smart decision over the next two years.

If the Rams, who’ve already forked over a ton of picks, can put together something to acquire Watson no way we can’t package a sweeter deal. If Houston trades Watt you know they’re gonna want Bosa.

Last edited:
Give them this years 1st and 2nd round picks, next years as well and Jimmy.

Gives them picks to work with after Bill O Brian disaster. They get a transitional qb in Jimmy in the event they draft a qb, and the 49ers get their franchise qb and difference maker.

There's no way they can get equal or greater value in return when it comes to on field talent. If they trade Watt who is also unhappy it's gotta be a complete rebuild. Houston is not in any place where they can demand for a ransom. When you've got a dysfunctional atmosphere you've just got to start over...like we did. Getting anything more than a 1st and 2nd this year along with players coming back is considered a very good haul.

Here’s my thing. Houston went 4-12 WITH Deshaun Watson. Even when they had a decent team their ceiling was the second round. They don’t have a first or second round pick in this draft so they’re in a real ****** situation with no real upside.

Unless they can find a way to repair things with Watson it’s going to be a toxic atmosphere like mentioned above.

They would be well suited to move him for picks and go all out rebuild wise. Picks let them be players in this years draft, and regardless if they go qb or not with said picks, they’re likely going to be bad either way so next season they’ll likely have another high pick to play with. Bill o Brian being an absolute idiot really screwed that organization on so many levels though.

Back
Top Bottom