:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i want to see leonard fournette vs kam chancellor in the nfl

can fournette plaster chancellor???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Without a doubt

I'm torn between Kizer and Watson... I think Kizer can be really special and dude seems really smart

whoa,

in his mock, matt maiocco picked charles harris with a trade down. i wonder if he's heard anything. 

maiocco's 3-round mock:

charles harris DE

chidobe awuzie CB

nathan peterman QB

killed it.

Last edited:
As the NFL draft approaches this week, Hall of Fame defensive lineman Warren Sapp is struggling to understand why Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett is poised to be the No. 1 pick.

"I don't see it from this kid," Sapp said Sunday about Garrett. "I see the splash plays -- everybody gets those. Where's the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who's the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, 'There it is!' This kid, no, I don't. I'm a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears."

"It's all about measurable," he said. "Once you hit the measurable, it's tough to get them old scout people off the numbers, and that's what [Garrett] has. He's big and he's fast. Now some defensive line coach is thinking, 'I can turn him into something.' How? I'm trying to figure this out. Really? Are we lowering the bar?"

"I see a lazy kid that makes four plays a game," Sapp said. "This is the No. 1 guy? No, no, no. This ain't even close."

Put doubt in Jimmy Haslem's head.

View media item 2413512

Lol

are people really trying to talk themselves out of drafting myles garrett? the tape doesn't lie. there isn't a single player playing football at the collegiate/nfl level that demands this type of attention. teams go away from him on plays and double and triple team with blocks.

imagine having to face this day in and day out

MG at the bottom of the screen LOL

giphy.gif

against 'bama in 2016(with a high ankle sprain mind you), they got the ball out quick with a bunch of  1-step, 3-step passes, and i could count the number of plays on my hands that they ran in his direction in 2016.

no **** derek barnett was more productive. he never had to deal with the **** myles does.

i'll say this about MG: he's very raw. he doesn't know how to utilize his 35" arms yet and needs to work on hand usage, but the day he learns to do so, he will make a run at the single-season sack record. khalil mack came into the league in a similar manner. he needed to learn how to rush. he had all the tools. now, he's a perennial double-digit sacks edge rusher.

PLEASE pass on him, cleveland. we need him more than you guys do.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_nwp2n0RgQj1s9clfh_500.png

9-of-16 scouts polled by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel named Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer this year's draft-eligible quarterback likeliest to bust.
Patrick Mahomes received two likeliest-to-bust votes, Mitchell Trubisky and Deshaun Watson each got one, and one scout declined to comment. The final two scouts said all of the quarterbacks were equally risky. Kizer looked like a potential No. 1 overall pick after his sophomore year, but he temporarily got benched last year as the bottom fell out on Notre Dame's season. "He’s not as good as he should be because he’s not committed to the game," one AFC executive said of Kizer. "He’s committed to building a brand. He wants all the things that come with being a starting quarterback but doesn’t want to put in the work." Added one NFC personnel man, "(Selfishness and money are) what drives him. It's all about him. Prima donna. Thin-skinned."
4 days...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He said he'd take Allen McDowell or even Barnett over him
mean.gif
bwahahah

not even worth expending energy for.

mcdowell plays an entirely different position.

barnett is a great player, but as an athlete, he's about on par with a 33-year-old ahmad brooks. short arms, not very explosive, no twitch...him and myles live in different realities. barnett is a one trick pony in that the overwhelming majority of his sacks came from one move(running the hoop). unless he develops a counter inside move, he's going to get figured out quick in the NFL. that said, he's a very good player. i like him, but he's not on myles' level.

i could see barnett getting off to a better start to his career, but once myles starts mastering technique, it's over. i think he's going to push for that single-season sack record.

Last edited:
maybe he meant jonathan allen and malik mcdowell? dunno but both of which play different positions than myles.

Last edited:
maybe he meant jonathan allen and malik mcdowell? dunno but both of which play different positions than myles.

OK that makes sense since I've heard of Malik the last couple months from reading on draft prospects lol

The McDowell last name wasn't ringing a bell initially and "Allen McDowell" pulled up the most non-football related search results :lol:

Last edited:
OK that makes sense since I've heard of Malik the last couple months from reading on draft prospects lol

The McDowell last name wasn't ringing a bell initially and "Allen McDowell" pulled up the most non-football related search results :lol:
:lol:
""Once Myles start mastering technique" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Which is saying he ain't **** but let's hope for the best "

His response :smh:

Mastering technique simply means you can't get by solely on athleticimn in the NFL. It's not an indictment of Myles Garrett. Myles Garrett won in college with elite get off, upper and lower body pliability. Most of his game was predicated around his athleticism, and the majority of his rushes were on the outside running the arc.

In the NFL, tackles will overcompensate the hoop by using vertical sets and beating Myles to his land mark. Tackles with quick feet, like Joe Staley, Joe Thomas, and Tyron Smith, will be able to neutralize his athleticism, hence the need for technique. You can't be a one-dimensional pass rusher in the NFL. Tackles in the NFL are too good. Pass rushers need to be multiple in their attack to avoid being easy to counter.

For example, Khalil Mack had to learn technique upon entering the NFL. He was solely a power rusher in his first season, but he learned how to use a stab move in his sophomore year, and from then on had an effective outside speed rush to compliment the inside power. He, in turn, was able to convert speed to power. The result? Double digit sacks in his last two seasons.

People like your friend are why I pretend to not know anything about football in public lol. The guy doesn't know the difference between a 5tech and an edge rusher and is out here propagating opinions lol.

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Niners strongly considering a quarterback with draft's No. 2 pick[/h1]
PHILADELPHIA -- With four days to go before they are officially on the clock for the 2017 NFL Draft, the 49ers  are still internally debating their No. 2 pick.

While most believe the first pick will be potentially transformative pass-rusher Myles Garrett from Texas A&M, San Francisco can go a number of different ways.

According to several sources with knowledge of the team's thinking, the 49ers  are still strongly considering taking a quarterback second overall. That would be somewhat of a surprise, considering they signed presumptive starter Brian Hoyer  and Matt Barkley  in the offseason -- and they have ******** quarterback Kirk Cousins  potentially as an option for 2018. Taking a quarterback high would likely end any chance at Cousins.

San Francisco has done extensive homework on each of the top passers. If the 49ers  are on the clock and poised to take Trubisky -- over players like LSU's Leonard Fournette or Stanford's Solomon Thomas -- it could create an interesting dilemma.But the team does not yet have a long-term answer at quarterback, and those who know coach Kyle Shanahan well insist North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky would best fit what he does on offense. Trubisky is considered by some to be the top QB in the class, though evaluations at this position differ more greatly than any other spot in this draft.

Several teams are plotting potentially trading up with the Niners or others for a quarterback, gauging the price and weighing options. The Browns  are one of those teams, as are others who could draft a QB high.

At this point, Cody Kessler, who the Browns  like, would be the starter.

The Browns  front office believes Trubisky is the top draftable QB, sources say, but could they dissuade the 49ers  from taking him by trading draft capital to get up from No. 12 to No. 2? Could they end up with picks 1 and 2, using the stockpiled selections to make a bold move?

Or does Cleveland choose patience, hoping their quarterback of choice is there for them if they sit tight or trade up just a few picks? At this point, that has not been decided.

Back
Top Bottom